How do you make "slip"

Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner gives me slip. Oil rinsing gives great slip for me. Giovanni Smooth as Silk gives incredible moisture and slip for me.

Hmm...when i add oils to my cons it doesn't seem to add slip. Honey does sometimes. I think i may give Aussie Moist a try.

Aussie Moist has awesome slip! I'm sure the cones in it aid in that. But yeah, the slip is bananas.

In the past, if other conditioners didn't have enough slip, I just added oils like evoo and castor oil and that usually does the trick.

For me, it is conditioners that contain behentrimonium methosulfate:

Behentrimonium Methosulfate

i_line.gif
9.jpg

Behentrimonium methosulfate is the mildest hair-detangling ingredient available. It is made from non-genetically modified rapeseed oil. This scientifically sophisticated ingredient is renowned for its superior detangling ability, without causing build-up on the hair. Unlike other hair detanglers, which are known for their irritancy, behentrimonium methosulfate is extremely mild, being recommended for use in baby products which are left on the skin. It is superior in effectiveness and mildness to its commonly used cheaper cousin, behentrimonium chloride. It is not a sulfate.

What conditioners contain this ingredient? I heard sodium hydroxide is another one. Thanks!

aussie moist has great slip

giovanni smooth as silk has amazing slip for a natural product!!!!

Those are the only two that give me phenomenal slip w/o adding oil
With these conditioners, as soon as I add it to my hair, I can feel it, it's amazing...
oil works great for mediocre conditioners...:lick:

Does anyone know if adding molasses adds slip?

I tried molasses in my DC last week and it made my hair hard...no slip at all! My favorite thing to add is HONEY. I also find that sitting under the dryer for a few minutes produces more slip for me than Dcing with no heat.

I tried molasses in my DC last week and it made my hair hard...no slip at all! My favorite thing to add is HONEY. I also find that sitting under the dryer for a few minutes produces more slip for me than Dcing with no heat.

I thought this might be the case; honey being better than molasses. But I don't want the honey to lighten my hair. :nono:

It's the opposite of TUG when the comb won't get through. Slip is when the comb slides through like oooooohhhhhh.... no tangles. I get that with silicones and my oils. I tried other stuff, but it didn't work. Glycerin for me works as a humectant and my hair grabs onto moisture. It doesn't give me slip though.

.....:lachen:

To answer the OP, ITA with the post about BTMS. Every single conditioner I have used that had a high concentration of that ingredient made my tangles melt.

Also, molasses is a major no-no. I like molasses (or rather the idea of molasses-I think honey is a much better additive if you are going to spike a conditioner-fyi I never experienced any lightening effect and my hair is dark brown/appears to be black), but I got zero slip when adding this to a conditioner. The only thing I liked about it is the heavy feeling it gave my hair (my hair is naturally fine).

Personally, I don't add anything to my conditioners to give them 'slip.' I don't like doing that because I feel like the conditioner should be good enough already. I use v05 moisture milks (which I noticed is listed as a staple in your siggie:yep:) and that gives me great slip for detangling. It works fine all by itself.

What conditioners contain this ingredient? I heard sodium hydroxide is another one. Thanks!

I wonder about this. Unless I am mistaken, the original CON detangling shampoo contained sodium hydroxide (although obviously not a high concentration) and it was excellent at reducing tangles during the shampoo process.

On the BTMS, Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Back