SL 2015

Very nice. I may have asked this before but what do you do to the ends?

Thank you. I didn't do anything to the ends. I twist down as far as I can and then I twirl the ends around my finger. Some people put their hair on perm rods but I didn't even think of that last night. I just wanted to go to bed.

You are getting some nice hang on your twist out. Your hair looks shiny and moisturized. Very nice.

Thank you. I was definitely glad my front was hanging. No headbands. :yay: it was hiding at least a little bit of gray :look:

[ QUOTE= gettingronie;21037949"]e getting some nice hang on your twist out. Your hair looks shiny and moisturized. Very nice.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I was definitely glad my front was hanging. No headbands. :yay: it was hiding at least a little bit of gray :look:

Really liking this green magic. Idk if its working for growth but im retaining better. Other than that, still maintaining french rolls as the go to. Also keeping up with the seek and destroy ssk.

Also my water filter needs replacement. Feels like im always needing to chelate more than usual

I'm seeing a lot of talk about this Green Magic and I think I missed the memo lol. What exactly is it?

I'm seeing a lot of talk about this Green Magic and I think I missed the memo lol. What exactly is it?
It s a sulfur based topical growth stimulating hair cream. I used it for 2 months and I saw noticeable increase of growth within 2 weeks. I has a faint sulfur scent. It makes the scalp feels fantastic.
The bad, lol: it caused me extreme shedding. So I had to give it up.

It s a sulfur based topical growth stimulating hair cream. I used it for 2 months and I saw noticeable increase of growth within 2 weeks. I has a faint sulfur scent. It makes the scalp feels fantastic.

Exactly.

Actually I noticed the extra shed. Adding tea back into my regimen has stopped it.

Oan debating if I wanna do a wet set after my wash as a no heat way to see if that green magic and seek and destroy ssk is doing any good. Its really hard to tell on a natural 4c. Maybe if I have time...

Thanks for the reply sounds tempting but ugh shedding lol. I'm already fine haired soooo that may be a problem for me

Was able to get 3rd day hair from my twist out which is good enough since I wash every 3 days. And I'm starting to maintain moisture over several days.

Yesterday I washed and put it back up into flat twist. My SO saw it and said Your hair is getting long. I guess my hair has been so short for so long, he thinks that NL is long :lol: Its not even close to SL but it is good he notices.

My growth seems a little less than average but I am finally retaining.

We still have time until our first check-in. Definitely hoping to see the difference.

Got my hair back in my cornrows. I hope this protective style is benefiting my hair. I have so much shrinkage in my crown, so I don't know what's going on, but I am seeing growth everywhere else. I plan on stretching for 6-7 months if possible. The key to doing that is having a great detangler. I still need to add som protein into the mix. I hope once I get a relaxer, my hair can look better to me, since the texture will be more even.

I took those cornrows out after reading the Komaza thread. I'm not going hardcore in the wig challenge. I plan on going back to washing my hair every few days.

[USER said:
shortdub78;21054383[/USER]]I took those cornrows out after reading the Komaza thread. I'm not going hardcore in the wig challenge. I plan on going back to washing my hair every few days.

What did you read that made you take the cornrows out?

What did you read that made you take the cornrows out?
I don't want to say her name wrong, but she discussed how she was told she had folliculitis, and was told to stop wearing the wigs and let her scalp breathe. She was also told to shampoo frequently for several days. Since I am experiencing some issues in my crown area, I'm thinking maybe I might be having some type of scalp issue myself?

[USER said:
shortdub78;21054667[/USER]]I don't want to say her name wrong, but she discussed how she was told she had folliculitis, and was told to stop wearing the wigs and let her scalp breathe. She was also told to shampoo frequently for several days. Since I am experiencing some issues in my crown area, I'm thinking maybe I might be having some type of scalp issue myself?

Ok, makes sense. My crown has been improving since I have been doing my hair every 3 to 4 days. I don't use shampoo with every wash since it is too harsh for my hair but I do cleanse it some type of way. If nothing else, I just soak my hair in the shower for a few minutes. The more water my scalp gets the better everything seems to get. :yep:

Ok, makes sense. My crown has been improving since I have been doing my hair every 3 to 4 days. I don't use shampoo with every wash since it is too harsh for my hair but I do cleanse it some type of way. If nothing else, I just soak my hair in the shower for a few minutes. The more water my scalp gets the better everything seems to get. :yep:
I used to do this, but since I have been trying to transition to texlax for the past several months, detangling these different textures is a bit much.

Last edited:
I have been using no heat at all on my hair. Just co washing it and letting it air dry and putting it in a bun. So far my ends are looking so much better. My hair is softer and shinier. I haven't relaxed in about a month or two. I think I may keep it that way.

I'm going to take my braids out this weekend. I plan to wash and deep condition when I take them out, wash and deep condition again on 2/7, then go to the salon for a wash, deep condition , and trim on 2/11 before I get my hair braided again on 2/12. I was messaging my hair dresser today telling her that I think I want to transition. We are going to talk about it more when I go in to see her. I have not made a definitive decision yet. By the time I take the next set of braids out I will be four months post. I'm not going to get another relaxer until I know what I want to do.

I'm going to take my braids out this weekend. I plan to wash and deep condition when I take them out, wash and deep condition again on 2/7, then go to the salon for a wash, deep condition , and trim on 2/11 before I get my hair braided again on 2/12. I was messaging my hair dresser today telling her that I think I want to transition. We are going to talk about it more when I go in to see her. I have not made a definitive decision yet. By the time I take the next set of braids out I will be four months post. I'm not going to get another relaxer until I know what I want to do.

I am in the same boat! My hair is finally getting some length, but I like how my new growth looks. I will take a page out of your book and I'm not going to relax till I figure things out. Lmk what you decide!

My front is looking pretty good. Now I just need my back to have a major growth spurt.

I hate how hair grows in pieces at a time. I wish they would all grow the same amount as once. My crown takes forever! And is also the most fragile.

Today is hair washing day, but I have still not made it to the store to get some Aphogee 2 min or the braid spray removal! Plus, I need a better spray bottle. I want a mist or a spray, not a stream! I also need to get another mini flat iron for my roots! I pray roller setting works! I would like to try the mesh rollers to help with drying faster. I never learned to use those before. I think I will just buy one pack to get the hang of them.

Back