SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Lol yeah we're going to hit 101° today lol that means SWIMMING POOL FOR MO!!!!! Lol

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

I'm out of town since yesterday ladies. My husband's cousin graduated high school so we came to show support but I will read all the posts I missed on Monday! Hope you are all having a gr8 weekend.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

I haven't posted any progress pics in years so here's where I am today (I hope I attached the pic right)
Full neck but what you can't see is that after my nape broke completely off and didn't grow for several months it is now back even with the rest of my hair. My hair is the healthiest its been for a while and I'm not sure if its the relaxer (my hair luvs Mizani and Mizani ONLY), I finally OUT of premenopause :spinning: and I finally realize the benefits of protecting my hair at night! :nono:

Now on to SL finally!

Attachments

• IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 25
My diet sucks. I am trying to lose weight, and i am afraid my hair may not be getting the proper nutrients. I do take women one a day. Any other suggestions of a good vitamin to make sure that my hair does not start growing out dry and brittle? TIA.

Last edited:
[USER=343869]ronie[/USER];18534987 said:
My diet sucks. I am trying to lose weight, and i am afraid my hair may not be getting the proper nutrients. I do take women one a day. Any other suggestions of a good vitamin to make sure that my hair does not start growing out dry and brittle? TIA.

Why do you think losing weight should involve a sucky diet? If anything this is the time to cut out junk and processed food and eat wholesome nourishing food that repairs and protects your body. Concentrating on protein, fruits and veggies and drinking water. Cutting out sugar, cutting back on carbs and when you do have carbs have them for breakfast (oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, yucca (yams); not cakes or white bread or cookies)...instead of later in the day. The method of eating we talk about in this thread is fail-proof for losing weight and maintaining the weight loss.

So nice to see the activity and new ladies! I decided to wash out the perm rod set today, prepoo'd with walnut and grapeseed oil and a couple drops of peppermint essential oil. Used my beloved Giovanni deeper moisture poo, did a nettle and rosemary tea rinse under my Giovanni deep moisture condish w heat. Since its so hot, 110 today, I air dried in six braids. My hair way dried in twenty minutes flat!

Whoa this thread is BUMPING! I was away for the wknd and im checking in to beaucoup activity! I want to start swimming more but DH looks frightened cuz thats what broke my hair off in the first place. So I ordered my swim cap based on the threads in the forums and it came yesterday in the mail. Sooo excited finally a way to fight against chlorine.

Took out my install. I cut it about 5 weeks ago and installed crochets immediately to retain and try to be even with my cut.

Think I cut more than I thought! Oops!

I washed with sm pm. Clarified and chelate with very diluted ao swimmers shampoo. Aphogee 2 min. Tea and oil rinsed. Then ao bc. Acv. Then sealed with raw shea butter.

She feels soft and buttery. Gonna reinstall real quick tho. Wanna retain!

Why do you think losing weight should involve a sucky diet? If anything this is the time to cut out junk and processed food and eat wholesome nourishing food that repairs and protects your body. Concentrating on protein, fruits and veggies and drinking water. Cutting out sugar, cutting back on carbs and when you do have carbs have them for breakfast (oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, yucca (yams); not cakes or white bread or cookies)...instead of later in the day. The method of eating we talk about in this thread is fail-proof for losing weight and maintaining the weight loss.
:perplexed
I DO not think that losing weight involves a sucky diet. My concern is that MY own diet sucks as shared in my post. I am one to know about healthy eating, but when i want to lose weight i have the habit of skipping meals, and just starve some days. It is a case of me knowing better and not doing it. It always works so :ohwell:. And as long as i don't stay away from exercising, as i did for the past 2 years, i have no issue maintaining a healthy weight.

So I put in braids for a protective style. .. think I'll keep them for 6-8wks .... Sorry the picture is sideways

ForumRunner_20130608_190522.jpg

Alright today I took my supplement pill, and I decided that my hair doesn't like castor oil as a sealent. It wad much to thick and has been sitting on my head for the past day!! So back to jojoba oil. I also bought Trader Joes Refresh citrus conditioner:lick: it looks delicious! But I just realized I just bought As I Am Coconut co-wash as well :lol: so hopefully one of them works out! Tomorrow I will cowash!

:perplexed
I DO not think that losing weight involves a sucky diet. My concern is that MY own diet sucks as shared in my post. I am one to know about healthy eating, but when i want to lose weight i have the habit of skipping meals, and just starve some days. It is a case of me knowing better and not doing it. It always works so :ohwell:. And as long as i don't stay away from exercising, as i did for the past 2 years, i have no issue maintaining a healthy weight.

ronie :spank: It isn't working coz you are back to square one. When you know better, you do better. If you starve yourself to lose weight, not only will your hair suffer but your body suffers and down the road you may end up being so ill and DYING to lose weight is not a good idea.

If you use that eating method, it will become a lifestyle and you will never have to worry about putting on weight. It is how I went from a size 14/16 to size 4/6 and have been that size for over 20 years whether I work out or not.

Also maintaining a healthy weight involves nourishing your body. It isn't healthy if your cells are not well nourished. So do right by your body. Remember keeping your metabolism on a roll will make you never have to think twice about what you eat. And the way of eating I suggested will do that for you.

So I put in braids for a protective style. .. think I'll keep them for 6-8wks .... Sorry the picture is sideways

SingBrina
This is totally adorable!! Is that human hair? What size are the braids? I wish I could do my own braids. I am good at corn rows cuz I naturally braid with a tight stitch but I can never get a single braid to look good. I am going to practice adding extensions to cornrows:look:

I have a new cut! Posted pics in the relaxed hair thread. Already have most of the products I need to start implementing my new regimen. I don't think I'll make shoulder length by the end of the year but I guess anything is possible

I have a new cut! Posted pics in the relaxed hair thread. Already have most of the products I need to start implementing my new regimen. I don't think I'll make shoulder length by the end of the year but I guess anything is possible

So why did you decide to cut your hair?

So why did you decide to cut your hair?

I had some bad breakage in the back and initially I decided to just let it grow out. I tried that for a while and it just kept breaking so I decided to start completely over and cut out all the damage so it can grow out better

My schedule was hectic yesterday so my wash day was all over the place. I washed with 4Naturals Extra Moist Shampoo, Used Giovanni Nutrafix Protein conditioner and DCd with As I Am Deep Conditioner from 9 am until around 7:30 pm. I rinsed it out but was in a hurry and didn't finish my 15 minute baggy step. I threw some As I Am leave-in on, then misted with S-Curl and flat twisted into 9 flat twists. It felt good while wet but it may feel dry today because I didn't seal. My hair has definitely grown a bit because this is the first time I have been able to put my hair in 9 flat twists. I usually need many more.

I will need to dust soon but I think I am ok for now. I hope to put in some twists tonight and wear them for a week.

Well I guess I've graduated from this group because from the looks I'm closer to apl now after removing my 3 months 2 week sew in..

image-1220714777.jpg

image-4033859601.jpg

Thanks ladies... I know it's grown but always feels short when doing twist.. I shampooed, conditioned and deep condtioned and twisted with Shea butter ..

image-1813715738.jpg

image-1726816879.jpg

image-4167996376.jpg

Shed hair over 3 months worth

Attachments

• image-785300338.jpg
    image-785300338.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 11
I am still trying to decide if I should cowash today. I just absolutely hate going to bed with wet hair because my silk cap crushes all my curls. Buuuuuttt I ordered a Sharmooz bonnet so hopefully it will protect my hair without destroying it!

My schedule was hectic yesterday so my wash day was all over the place. I washed with 4Naturals Extra Moist Shampoo, Used Giovanni Nutrafix Protein conditioner and DCd with As I Am Deep Conditioner from 9 am until around 7:30 pm. I rinsed it out but was in a hurry and didn't finish my 15 minute baggy step. I threw some As I Am leave-in on, then misted with S-Curl and flat twisted into 9 flat twists. It felt good while wet but it may feel dry today because I didn't seal. My hair has definitely grown a bit because this is the first time I have been able to put my hair in 9 flat twists. I usually need many more.

I will need to dust soon but I think I am ok for now. I hope to put in some twists tonight and wear them for a week.

I love that Nutrafix! The reconstructor is awesome too

I am still trying to decide if I should cowash today. I just absolutely hate going to bed with wet hair because my silk cap crushes all my curls. Buuuuuttt I ordered a Sharmooz bonnet so hopefully it will protect my hair without destroying it!

The bonnets have never been my friend. :( perm rod sets last two days max

i get what full NL looks like but what does regular neck length look like?

starting to panic that i may not reach Neck Length by the end of this summer

Back