Single Ladies: More Prayers For a Godly Husband.

I guess like you said, you not good at expressing yourself. Your posts comes off like you are attacking...

I don't have an issue with anyone here. I just expressed my thoughts about single ladies should be asking for sex when it comes to praying for a husband and marriage, and it was turned into a negative thing. I feel like women should be honest with themselves when it comes to desiring marriage. Sex does play into your desire for marriage no matter how much you want to deny it. I know sex is something I want in my marriage with my future husband. You made it like I have an issue, just like in the interracial relationship thread. :sad:

I guess like you said, you not good at expressing yourself. Your posts comes off like you are attacking...

Yeah, I'm not good at expressing myself. I apologize if I sound like I've attacking. I've just been feeling very confused and troubled lately and also like I've been dreadfully cursed or something. I don't know. :sad:

Yeah, I'm not good at expressing myself. I apologize if I sound like I've attacking. I've just been feeling very confused and troubled lately and also like I've been dreadfully cursed or something. I don't know. :sad:
You are not!
We have to fight the good fight every day.

2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Last edited:

Sorry to heart that, and will defintely keep you in my prayers :yep:.
:bighug:

@Alicialynn86 - no, not just a couple of threads. I see that you are still fairly new to the forum. I've been around for over 8 years and have seen PLENTY of threads on this topic alone.

All I'm saying is for these single women to "Let Go and Let God!" If you want a godly marriage union, then stop struggling, worrying, and crying. Be dead to the flesh. Pick up your cross and follow Jesus.

Thanks for answering my questions. As for companionship, for a family, for ministry, for love... you can have these 4 things without marriage... The thing that separates marriage from anything else is sex and/or having children. (Yes, people have sex outside of marriage and have children outside of marriage but that is not God's way).
Sex in marriage is very profound. It’s not just two bodies in pleasure and desiring to be released.
It opens the inner you with the inner of your husband and makes a bond that surpasses the physical realm and makes unique
all the other things that we can have outside of marriage (companionship, love…).
This is why marriage is compared to the spiritual union of Christ and His Church.

What I don’t understand: why do you want them to specify sex in their prayer for a husband?

It’s like someone in USA who wants to go to Paris.
If this someone says: I want to go to Paris.
Why would you say to this person: no, you have to say – I’ll take a plane?

This person knows that she has to take a plane (or a boat) in order to go to Paris.

They are adults; I think they know sex is in the package. They want the whole package, not just sex to have sex.
They are praying for the package, marriage. What’s wrong about that?

Let’s say a husband is very good in the bed, but lacks of communication. This marriage can end up in divorce more quickly than one with a husband who is very well versed in communication with his wife, but not so good at bed, because sex can always be better.

Poohbear, you are not cursed... I don't believe that. You are blessed .. Blessed with intelligence and a heart to seek after God's truth... why ain't you counting your blessings over there in that other thread? :lol:

The issue about willful sin..that same one the accuser is harming you with. You have to learn to remove yourself from accusation and nitpicking on that issue in your own life. I understand and was around for those other discussions. How I deal with such, I let myself off the hook, trusting Him that He would reveal to me where I needed to be and what I needed to believe. I know some here more than likely think I have a long way to go :giggle: but I don't sweat it. They will stand on their judgment day, not me. I'm standing for my own as well. Let go of it, live, confess and walk on from that point upward. Otherwise, you will continually let that one issue haunt you moment by moment and that is not living.

The issue about willful sin..that same one the accuser is harming you with. You have to learn to remove yourself from accusation and nitpicking on that issue in your own life. I understand and was around for those other discussions. How I deal with such, I let myself off the hook, trusting Him that He would reveal to me where I needed to be and what I needed to believe. I know some here more than likely think I have a long way to go :giggle: but I don't sweat it. They will stand on their judgment day, not me. I'm standing for my own as well. Let go of it, live, confess and walk on from that point upward. Otherwise, you will continually let that one issue haunt you moment by moment and that is not living.

It's hard not to think about it. I don't want to be laxed with the world and thinking that wilful sin is okay as long as you're a Christian.

Poohbear, you are not cursed... I don't believe that. You are blessed .. Blessed with intelligence and a heart to seek after God's truth... why ain't you counting your blessings over there in that other thread? :lol:

Laela - Because I do not feel blessed. I may have a place to stay, a job, a car, a boyfriend, a family, no kids, money, food, and things that so many people would love to have.... but I do not have peace, joy, or comfort! Virtuous things of the Spirit! I know this life isn't suppose to be all peaches & cream, but having peace, joy, and comfort would help.

It's hard not to think about it. I don't want to be laxed with the world and thinking that wilful sin is okay as long as you're a Christian.

But that's not what I said. In fact, this is the problem, you are obsessing over sin rather than rejoicing in His gift of salvation. G-d won't kill you Deuteronomy-style over one sin. If you trust Him, then live. Toddlers trust their parents are there when they take a step and fall. Get those old erroneous teachings out of your head...he wasn't right.

@Laela - Because I do not feel blessed. I may have a place to stay, a job, a car, a boyfriend, a family, no kids, money, food, and things that so many people would love to have.... but I do not have peace, joy, or comfort! Virtuous things of the Spirit! I know this life isn't suppose to be all peaches & cream, but having peace, joy, and comfort would help.

Poohbear

I would suggest some fasting, prayer, and getting into the Word. This will help you break the bonds and chains the enemy is wrapping around your mind and spirit. You will begin to see the Lord for who is His and see that you are blessed and favored of Him. You are His precious and He wants you to know that.

Poohbear

I would suggest some fasting, prayer, and getting into the Word. This will help you break the bonds and chains the enemy is wrapping around your mind and spirit. You will begin to see the Lord for who is His and see that you are blessed and favored of Him. You are His precious and He wants you to know that.

I've done the fasting, praying, and getting into the Word. Mostly getting into the Word. All I see in my bible is that wilful sin is wrong and against God but yet everyone does it.

BlackHairDiva- Thank you for the prayers...I said them aloud last night and asked for a sign Soon after I recieved a phone call from the guy I am talking to so I am going to continue to ask for guidance I am seeking marriage in the future :seesaw: BUT I want it to be in HIS time and with the one HE has chosen

To the other ladies- I love how as females strong in their faith I could see the passion that each of your posts had:needhug: AND I love how in the end feelings/emotions aside the root of the problem was resolved Thank you all for being open and honest and SISTERLY :grouphug:

I've done the fasting, praying, and getting into the Word. Mostly getting into the Word. All I see in my bible is that wilful sin is wrong and against God but yet everyone does it.

Poohbear:

I'm going to bite because I saw questions you had in another thread ...

Yes, sin is wrong. Yes, it is against God. However, God is pleased by the Christian is changing (Romans 12).

We have to differentiate between people who are living a life in sin vs people who are undergoing transformation. I don't know if you read my reply to your question yesterday, but please don't ignore that the Lord is pleased by those who are renewing their mind ... who are not conforming to this world ... who are presenting their bodies as a living sacrifice. There are Christians who are living this way. Are they entirely sinless? No. During renewal we become aware of sins we might not have recognized before. During renewal we may have trip ups, especially if we skip our "daily bread". There is a reason why Scripture says "we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world (Ephesians 6)". Why? Because becoming a Christian subjects us to such fights. During renewal, we will encounter such battles and struggles. It happens. And if we fail (e.g., sin), we must get back up and try again. There is a reason why we must "consider it pure joy, whenever we face trials (James 1)". Why? Because we will face trials and tests. It is through getting back up from failing (e.g., sinning) that "perseverance can finish its work (James 1)" in us.

We can start another thread to discuss it further, if you wish. But please understand three things:

1. Christians who are doers of the Word exist.
2. Christian does not necessarily equate to sinless.
3. Someone who is living a life in willful sin is entirely different from someone who is presenting their bodies as a living sacrifice.

Poohbear:

I'm going to bite because I saw questions you had in another thread ...

Yes, sin is wrong. Yes, it is against God. However, God is pleased by the Christian is changing (Romans 12).

We have to differentiate between people who are living a life in sin vs people who are undergoing transformation. I don't know if you read my reply to your question yesterday, but please don't ignore that the Lord is pleased by those who are renewing their mind ... who are not conforming to this world ... who are presenting their bodies as a living sacrifice. There are Christians who are living this way. Are they entirely sinless? No. During renewal we become aware of sins we might not have recognized before. During renewal we may have trip ups, especially if we skip our "daily bread". There is a reason why Scripture says "we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world (Ephesians 6)". Why? Because becoming a Christian subjects us to such fights. During renewal, we will encounter such battles and struggles. It happens. And if we fail (e.g., sin), we must get back up and try again. There is a reason why we must "consider it pure joy, whenever we face trials (James 1)". Why? Because we will face trials and tests. It is through getting back up from failing (e.g., sinning) that "perseverance can finish its work (James 1)" in us.

We can start another thread to discuss it further, if you wish. But please understand three things:

1. Christians who are doers of the Word exist.
2. Christian does not necessarily equate to sinless.
3. Someone who is living a life in willful sin is entirely different from someone who is presenting their bodies as a living sacrifice.

loolalooh - yes, I read your reply in the other thread but just didn't have anything more to say in response to your post. :lol: I know I can be exhausting sometimes... especially about this issue.

But yeah, I still did not see the difference in a hypocritical Christian and a Christian that sins occasionally, but we do not have to discuss it in this thread.... don't wanna ruin this thread any further than I have.

None of us are perfect, not one. It doesn't mean we should willfully sin, but it means we will NEVER be perfect.....if so we wouldn't need Jesus.

I think the story of David is a perfect example.

None of us are perfect, not one. It doesn't mean we should willfully sin, but it means we will NEVER be perfect.....if so we wouldn't need Jesus.

I think the story of David is a perfect example.

What do these scriptures mean?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect

Deuteronomy 18:13
Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God

1 Kings 15:14
But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days.

Job 1:8
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Psalm 37:37
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace

Psalm 138:8
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Matthew 19:21
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Luke 6:40
The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

1 Corinthians 2:6
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

2 Corinthians 13:9
For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

Ephesians 4:12
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Philippians 3:15
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you

Colossians 3:14
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

2 Timothy 3:17
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 13:21
Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

James 1:4
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Revelation 3:2
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

I do believe in perfection, because it is biblical. People struggle with it, because they dont understand it. All Perfection is to be made complete and maturity. Perfection is not an option but a commandment.

^^ Means "strive" and examine. The precedent is in "Old" Testament with the laws of examination upon eating etc. You look for perfection in the food, in ritual etc. Does it mean no one's ever accidentally eaten a worm in their lettuce? No. Cuz if we could all be perfect, He would never have told us to stay on the path until the very end and to confess...the majority wouldn't have needed it. ETA: I mean "would" not could, cuz it's possible, just not likely to never sin again.

Last edited:
He has provided us with the way (tools) for us to accomplish what He has commanded of us ...

It would be contrary for Him to give a command that He knows in not attainable or too lofty a goal for us.

^^ Means "strive" and examine. The precedent is in "Old" Testament with the laws of examination upon eating etc. You look for perfection in the food, in ritual etc. Does it mean no one's ever accidentally eaten a worm in their lettuce? No. Cuz if we could all be perfect, He would never have told us to stay on the path until the very end and to confess...the majority wouldn't have needed it.

Exactly, thats why in 1st John it said IF we sin, we have a advocate with the father, not when, but if we sin.

We are not perfect through our strength, but its through the Spirit of God.You said it yourself, strive..strive means to put forth a painstaking effort. You are doing everything you can, not making excuses for it. This is something that is attained over time... We get to the point of perfection through our trials and tests and through Christ.

All perfection is , is it to be fully obedient to the word of God..

I think we forget that Jesus was a mare man of flesh and blood like us he took on our nature and was tested on all points and passed...so if he said it's possible he knows because he was the perfect example ..

With no extraordinary powers of no reputation so no one could even say he was handsome and got a free pass because of his looks ...I dare say not handsome (not ugly either but average) as the pictures of painted, I will look for scripture...

Is 53:2
2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

loolalooh - yes, I read your reply in the other thread but just didn't have anything more to say in response to your post. :lol: I know I can be exhausting sometimes... especially about this issue.

But yeah, I still did not see the difference in a hypocritical Christian and a Christian that sins occasionally, but we do not have to discuss it in this thread.... don't wanna ruin this thread any further than I have.

No worries. :)

What do these scriptures mean?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect

Deuteronomy 18:13
Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God

1 Kings 15:14
But the high places were not removed: nevertheless Asa's heart was perfect with the LORD all his days.

Job 1:8
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Psalm 37:37
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace

Psalm 138:8
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Matthew 19:21
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Luke 6:40
The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

1 Corinthians 2:6
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

2 Corinthians 13:9
For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

Ephesians 4:12
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Philippians 3:15
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you

Colossians 3:14
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

2 Timothy 3:17
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 13:21
Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

James 1:4
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Revelation 3:2
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

I do believe in perfection, because it is biblical. People struggle with it, because they dont understand it. All Perfection is to be made complete and maturity. Perfection is not an option but a commandment.

Before I answer, I want to preface my answer by saying that this is my own interpretation, I am not saying I am right, and definitely will pray for clarity if I am wrong. If anyone else think I am wrong, please feel free to point me in the right direction ;)

I believe that because we are spirit being living in a human body we will never be without sin, or perfect. I think the perfection those scriptures talk about is a claim of perfection through Christ, meaning because Christ is perfect we have a claim to perfection. So it's through constant confession of our sins and forgiveness of Christ where we can claim perfection, not because we will ever be perfect or sinless, but because we should always have a heart to confess/atone our sins. I hope I am somewhat clear.

Thank you for you post. It was nice to see...

I was not expecting my thread to turn like this ..to be honest it kind of started to look like an off topic/entertainment thread. I'm kind of disappointed.

The main reason I made this thread was so that those who wish to pray about it they can come in here and have prayers to refer to.

Not long ago, I saw on the news that apparently 46% of black women will never marry. Well I beg to defer. For some reason a little voice inside me said ..don't beleive it. Because the media does not decide what will and will not happen in my life. God does. In the bible Matt 7:7 it says:" Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"

Of all the single ladies, how many asked God for a husband? People often ask/ Pray about career / work stuff, family stuff, financial issues.

I simply posted the prayers for others to have something to inspire, refer too. I didn't take the word Godly as in praying to get a man who is a saint. I took it has a man that is a good. person, a good moral base that I know he will make a good father , a good husband.

I'm shocked at how some think asking for a husband is all about sex. When I think about asking /wanting a husband. I think of having a family, experiencing the joy of motherhood, having husband that i can talk to , be with count on( not talking about money) just count that he always has our ( me and the kids we will have) best interest at heart. I saw my parents, grand parents being married for years. It was a beautiful thing. How can someone not want or think about having that when the word husband is said?

When in the prayers the word perfect is used....I believed they meant perfect as in the perfect fit, godly fit for each and everyone of us..The best possible men that would match us women based on each of our individual personalities and all while being a man who loves god and follows the word as much as possible. Prayers asking god to send the best man based on our personality, needs, etc...a man that will harm us nor our descendants or ruin the family tree.

Thank you so much for you post it was nice to see a positive post.

* Those who want to stone down these prayers...i don't get it. Its a christian Fellowship section. Aren't you supposed to expect thread with prayers , scriptures, etc? What were y'all expecting?:nono:*

@BlackHairDiva- Thank you for the prayers...I said them aloud last night and asked for a sign Soon after I recieved a phone call from the guy I am talking to so I am going to continue to ask for guidance I am seeking marriage in the future BUT I want it to be in HIS time and with the one HE has chosen

To the other ladies- I love how as females strong in their faith I could see the passion that each of your posts had AND I love how in the end feelings/emotions aside the root of the problem was resolved Thank you all for being open and honest and SISTERLY

Last edited:
Jesus was the same as us and did not sin, that is our example that we can live lives without sin ...why would He command us to do do something that He knew was not possible for us to do...why does the bible mention people who were perfect if it were not possible for us to be the same; Moses, Asa, Abraham etc.,

I beleive that we can be perfect, I'm still not but I am striving towards perfection on the basis of what the word says (what He says that I am to be) ...

Before I answer, I want to preface my answer by saying that this is my own interpretation, I am not saying I am right, and definitely will pray for clarity if I am wrong. If anyone else think I am wrong, please feel free to point me in the right direction ;)

I believe that because we are spirit being living in a human body we will never be without sin, or perfect. I think the perfection those scriptures talk about is a claim of perfection through Christ, meaning because Christ is perfect we have a claim to perfection. So it's through constant confession of our sins and forgiveness of Christ where we can claim perfection, not because we will ever be perfect or sinless, but because we should always have a heart to confess/atone our sins. I hope I am somewhat clear.

I was not expecting my thread to turn like this ..to be honest it kind of started to look like an off topic/entertainment thread. I'm kind of disappointed.

The main reason I made this thread was so that those who wish to pray about it they can come in here and have prayers to refer to.

Not long ago, I saw on the news that apparently 46% of black women will never marry. Well I beg to defer. For some reason a little voice inside me said ..don't beleive it. Because the media does not decide what will and will not happen in my life. God does. In the bible Matt 7:7 it says:" Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"

Of all the single ladies, how many asked God for a husband? People often ask/ Pray about career / work stuff, family stuff, financial issues.

I simply posted the prayers for others to have something to inspire, refer too. I didn't take the word Godly as in praying to get a man who is a saint. I took it has a man that is a good. person, a good moral base that I know he will make a good father , a good husband.

I'm shocked at how some think asking for a husband is all about sex. When I think about asking /wanting a husband. I think of having a family, experiencing the joy of motherhood, having husband that i can talk to , be with count on( not talking about money) just count that he always has our ( me and the kids we will have) best interest at heart. I saw my parents, grand parents being married for years. It was a beautiful thing. How can someone not want or think about having that when the word husband is said?

When in the prayers the word perfect is used....I believed they meant perfect as in the perfect fit, godly fit for each and everyone of us..The best possible men that would match us women based on each of our individual personalities and all while being a man who loves god and follows the word as much as possible. Prayers asking god to send the best man based on our personality, needs, etc...a man that will harm us nor our descendants or ruin the family tree.

* Those who want to stone down these prayers...i don't get it. Its a christian Fellowship section. Aren't you supposed to expect thread with prayers , scriptures, etc? What were y'all expecting?:nono:*

Hey thanks so much for starting the thread, I for one appreciate it a lot! I haven't been praying for a Godly spouse as of late, but I actually prayed the first prayer last night and wrote about in my journal. Look what I came across after I prayed the prayer:
http://www.alabasterwoman.com/alabasterwoman/2011/3/29/ask-dr-michelle-i-cant-let-go.html

I don't believe in coincidences at all, so it was interesting how I came across this post after praying the first prayer you posted out loud about the particular issue addressed in the above link, which is something I've been praying about for awhile.

Last edited:
Jesus was the same as us and did not sin, that is our example that we can live lives without sin ...why would He command us to do do something that He knew was not possible for us to do...why does the bible mention people who were perfect if it were not possible for us to be the same; Moses, Asa, Abraham etc.,

I beleive that we can be perfect, I'm still not but I am striving towards perfection on the basis of what the word says (what He says that I am to be) ...

Good answer, I am going to seek more clarity on this specific topic, because I have read and been taught that we can never be perfect, sort of like it's aspirational but because of our flesh not possible. Again, I will seek more answers, because I do want to know....

@BlackHairDiva thank you for posting the prayers.

It's unfortunate that this thread got off track but please believe your posts were not in vain.

I believe in the power of prayer and God moved mightly on my behalf through prayer on many occassions.

Again, thank you for the beautiful prayers that are based on the 'word' which makes the prayer even more powerful and effective :yep:.

BlackHairDiva, just a suggestion: maybe you can add or copy the beautiful prayers you posted in this thread to the original thread you started? That way the prayers/videos can all stay in one thread.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back