Single Dating Ladies! Would you do this? NOT.. for the faint-hearted

kayte

There's speed dating ....online dating..friends-fix-you-up dating

Now there is...........:oops:...

Come to a Lock and Key Singles and flirt with fellow minglers for fun, friendship...and maybe more! Meet other singles near you!

How It Works:
Every woman gets a padlock. Every man gets a key. Your goal is to match the right key with the right padlock. Every time you unlock you get a ticket that enters you into the drawing to win great prizes from our party sponsors. Prizes such as cold hard cash, hotel stays, dinners, tickets to popular things to do and more. After every unlock you get another lock or key so you can get back into the fray and meet more people!
Throughout your quest of 50, 100 or even more locks/keys, you are sure to meet tons of people of the opposite sex in a fun and different way.

&..... how about this :ha:

Welcome to Crazy Blind Date! We like to keep things simple. That's why on very short notice we can set you up on quick dates with total strangers at public places like bars and??? coffee shops. You're not allowed to see their picture or even communicate. Choose your city:
Crazy Blind Date is a place where you can coordinate a date on extremely short notice. Online dating sites are cool (we also run OkCupid.com), but sometimes you just want to go out immediately, with reckless abandon. We understand it's not for everyone, but it is for social, outgoing, and adventurous people.

Oh, and it's completely free.

The lock and key thing actually sounds kind of cute. Could be fun...could be awkward as well.

I think the lock and key thing could be fun. Sounds just like a party where you're mingling anyway but with a gimmick thrown in.

But the other thing where you just show up and meet a random person? No, probably not.

I agree with everyone, the lock and key sounds fun and interesting, but that crazy blind date... :nono: That is way too adventurous for my taste.

The lock and key sounds fun and interesting. I don't like blind dates unless it's set up by a mutual friend

Lock and Key, definitely!

Crazy blind date... well, if I'm really bored and in a dating rut, I MIGHT try it... I'm pretty adventurous. ;)

isnt the lock and key thing what they also do at swingers parties? i swear i've heard of this before with respect to swinging lol

The lock and key thing doesn't sound too bad, but the "random meet some dude on a whim all willy nilly"? No way. :nono:

I know a friend who did a few Crazy Blind Dates..it's set up by OKCupid and she said
was it was safe and fun.....but no luv connections

they provide you with a few profiles of men..along with a scrambled image of their photo
and help set up the place. you get to accept or reject the profile so your blind date is ultimately someone you approved prior to the date via background info and vice-versa
so it's not completely "blind" or entirely random and OKCupid does have
the record of who is with whom...as they set it up and all the meetings are in
public places..cafes and the like

OKCupid gets feedback so if someone
is not cool or whatver....they do log that in...
they only ask that you spend ten minutes at least out of courtesy on the "date"
...no drive-bys to see if he registers on the fine-o-meter :grin:

you can ALSO choose to go on a double Crazy blind date with a friend or double Crazy blind date with three strangers :blush:

Crazy blind date... well, if I'm really bored and in a dating rut,
I MIGHT try it... I'm pretty adventurous.

me,too. I'm gonna try it! lol...I'm crazy enough~~ I'll be the Crazy Blind Date guinea pig :yep:

Last edited:
I know a friend who did a few Crazy Blind Dates..it's set up by OKCupid and she said
was it was safe and fun.....but no luv connections

they provide you with a few profiles of men..along with a scrambled image of their photo
and help set up the place. you get to accept or reject the profile so your blind date is ultimately someone you approved prior to the date via background info and vice-versa
so it's not completely "blind" or entirely random and OKCupid does have
the record of who is with whom...as they set it up and all the meetings are in
public places..cafes and the like

OKCupid gets feedback so if someone
is not cool or whatver....they do log that in...
they only ask that you spend ten minutes at least out of courtesy on the "date"
...no drive-bys to see if he registers on the fine-o-meter :grin:

you can ALSO choose to go on a double Crazy blind date with a friend or double Crazy blind date with three strangers :blush:

me,too. I'm gonna try it! lol...I'm crazy enough~~ I'll be the Crazy Blind Date guinea pig :yep:

Are you really gonna try it? Please report back and let us know how it goes!

Are you really gonna try it? Please report back and let us know how it goes!

sho nuff...:yep:
I'm a NYC-er
We crunch down crazy blind dates:spinning: for Saturday snacks:wallbash::lick:

Last edited:
After that crazy OKCupid thread that was posted.... I don't know about the second one, but the Lock & Key sounds like it would be okay. I would have to be in the right mindset for it though.

What happened?????

Guy and girl go out after talking on the site for a few weeks and instant messaging each other. He seems to ignore her during the date, making her pay for her own meal. She felt crappy, went home and downed a good deal of wine. He texted her (though he said she texted first) asking if she wanted to come over to his house to watch movies and "stuff." She goes. They have sex. He never contacts her again, and like a day later deletes his dating profile. Creates a new one asking for full body pics of women if they want to date him.

Girl is pissed as hell. Starts a thread on OkCupid. People come in and post that she is stupid. He comes in and gives his side of the story. He said she said she was "average" and he said she was over "200 lbs." This thread had probably seven thousand posts because it has been posted all over the internet for the world to see. Those people were vicious to her. LOL

Oh, and another thread was dug up showing she is MENTAL. She posted fake pics last year, "fell in love" with a dude on that site after only e-mailing for a couple of weeks, and stated (in the open) she would change everything about herself to be with him.

Cant believe I remembered all of that!

I am in a relationship so I can't....BUT

This sounds like so much fun, i would do it in a heartbeat if I could.

Single ladies, Come on, this could be so much fun, every date may not be your prince, but he could also be a friend.

Guy and girl go out after talking on the site for a few weeks and instant messaging each other. He seems to ignore her during the date, making her pay for her own meal. She felt crappy, went home and downed a good deal of wine. He texted her (though he said she texted first) asking if she wanted to come over to his house to watch movies and "stuff." She goes. They have sex. He never contacts her again, and like a day later deletes his dating profile. Creates a new one asking for full body pics of women if they want to date him.

Girl is pissed as hell. Starts a thread on OkCupid. People come in and post that she is stupid. He comes in and gives his side of the story. He said she said she was "average" and he said she was over "200 lbs." This thread had probably seven thousand posts because it has been posted all over the internet for the world to see. Those people were vicious to her. LOL

Oh, and another thread was dug up showing she is MENTAL. She posted fake pics last year, "fell in love" with a dude on that site after only e-mailing for a couple of weeks, and stated (in the open) she would change everything about herself to be with him.

Cant believe I remembered all of that!

BUSTED...oh mannnnnnnnn!
yup...this is a letter perfect character composite of a guy I would choose ((:nono:)) and of me.:ohwell:

I've been found OUT!!
I look NOTHING like my pics....I stole these from a dingo!
I'm reaally from Mars....
here's my pic.......:pics:

WOW to that story!!! and check it out ..while I'm on OKCupid reading the woman's side
this 26 year old kid IM's me I threw him back into the water...
he's asian ..kinda cute... pm me if you're interested

seriously tho... this okcupid story is about two unhappy people and obviously a lack of discretion, esteem, and boundaries.and HONESTY
.....not about the dating site...and in Crazy blind date
the pic images are scrambled

however....please credit me ..your guinea pig with a marginal amount of
sanity and enough class to keep my clothes on
during the ten minutes allowed to peek at the guy
in the coffee shop.....oh and ..um after too:grin:

Last edited:
Back