Signs You're Not Into A Person

JFK

I'm going to the movies later tonight to see When the Bough Breaks (like 11ish).

The guy and I finalized plans via text. I'm giving quick, one word replies and trying to move on to other things.

He then texts "So how was your day?" and then calls but I don't answer. I'm saying to myself "come on man, we're going to see each other in 4 hours...we don't need to talk."

I just caught myself - this is a major sign that I'm not into this person :(

Lol! Yeah, sounds like you're not interested at all. SO will call me and we'll talk until one of us gets home and then talk some more once we're face to face.

Signs I'm not interested:
Annoyance when the person texts or calls. Like, " you again?!"

I don't want them to touch me.

I don't want to share food with them.

I unintentionally point out my flaws. I guess to make them like me less.

I notice their flaws or the slightest thing becomes a deal breaker.

I speak to them in a different tone than I do men I actually like.

Lol! Yeah, sounds like you're not interested at all. SO will call me and we'll talk until one of us gets home and then talk some more once we're face to face.

Signs I'm not interested:
Annoyance when the person texts or calls. Like, " you again?!"

I don't want them to touch me.

I don't want to share food with them.

I unintentionally point out my flaws. I guess to make them like me less.

I notice their flaws or the slightest thing becomes a deal breaker.

I speak to them in a different tone than I do men I actually like.

So I'm back.....by the way, that movie sucks but the girl playing the crazy character is so adorably cute and there are multiple zoom-ins on Morris Chestnut's chocolatey face....good Lord.

Anyway, I was ready to go home an hour into the movie. I sat there and made a vow to stop being nice. I should have just called and canceled. So what if he would have been upset and already bought the tickets. He could have gotten a refund.

7 long years...

Vaj had seizures every time I thought of sex with him

We rarely kissed or showed any kind of affection

I was embarrassed to go out in public with him. Never claimed him

Constant arguements. Mainly because I was mad that I was still around

Never tried to please him even though I knew what he wanted, just didn't feel like making him happy

So why did ya stay for 7 yrs?
7 long years...

Never tried to please him even though I knew what he wanted, just didn't feel like making him happy

7 long years...

U wasted 7 yrs??!!!!

Girl I can relate to @Fine 4s and I stayed for 10. I have so many regrets for wasting that kind of time. It was stupid of me. I lived and learned from that one in so many ways.
7 long years...

Im curious, why did you guys stay that long? Was it expectations from family? Complacent? You thought you couldn't do better? Fear of starting new? Just curious.....

Im the queen of ignoring guys until they get the hint. My parents tried to hook me up with a guy and I tried dating him but there was no attraction there for me, although he wasn't ugly. He was such a sweet guy and I felt bad, but I'm glad I let him go. I realized it wasn't there when he tried to kiss me.. i cant imagine years...

@sweetvi

He held on and tried to make it work but I was gone. I stayed because the xes was good, I was lazy (had a routine, life was easy), I was scared of what was out there (stories of players which he fed me and I'd hear), attached to his daughter, he was supper smart and I thought I had time *shrug*

I knew I could do much better that's why I never wanted to get married, have a baby or do anything that would tie me to him. I was clear or that, just not on how to leave. He was good for the moment. I'm a late bloomer and didn't think about marriage or baby until I was about 36.
And now it's almost too late lol

ETA- yes, our social personalities were very different. He was kinda corny, very uncool, couldn't dance and just awkward unless the discussion was a debate or some other intellectual topic. He was brilliant. He could out debate anyone and that I LOVED.

Last edited:
I know I'm not that into him when:
- I keep forgetting his name
- I don't hear from him for days and I'm relieved! I get a sinking feeling when he texts me...
- I don't wanna jump his bones or even fantasize about it. I don't even want to hold hands with him.
- No sparks when kissing or worse bad kisser
- No connection during conversations. I need to feel like I'm vibing off of him!
- my friends ask me if he's cute I say: he's ok. <--Dead giveaway!
- I Don't care if we spend time together
- I think he contacts me too much (texts, calls, etc...) Geez, get a life will ya!

I don't want him to touch me or kiss me .
I m very sarcastic and may say offensive things. (E.g. Guy wrote me a poem once and asked if I liked it . I said it was the corniest thing i ve ever read)
I don't like the way they smell .
I notice their flaws and as someone mentioned above I highlight my negative traits ,I paint a rather negative picture of myself . (This could be also be due to fear ,it depends if I do the below aswell ..)

i talk about other guys. If I do that ,forget it ,we re friends.

Even bigger flag : I talk a lot about one guy
In particular and *gasp* ask advice !! (Totally disrespectful i know)

I don't text back in timely fashion.

I don't return call and/or screen calls .

I m not looking forward to seeing him and rather do something else ,even just sitting at home watching tv. Bad bad sign.

I ignore his attempts of flirting.

I make excuses for not going out with him.

Back