SHOUT OUT to SweetAKA!!!!

Go 'head soror! Wow that is alotta hair! I just stalked your fotki and thats some awesome progress. Now give up the tips soror! :lol: Congratulations and keep growin girl!

Oh my gosh....:eek: A shout out to lil ol me.......

"First I want to thank god, my mama and my dad, of course all the little people." lol :lachen:

But on the real, thanks a lot. It has taken me some serious practice. I appreciate it, makes me feel like I'm doing something right. But I really should be thanking you all. Because everything I do, I have got from a lot of different people on this board.

So you ladies keep up the good work also, so I can steal me some tips from yall. :lol:

Oh yeah..............
SKEEEEE WEEEEE!!!! to all my Soror's

cluelessaka said:
Go 'head soror! Wow that is alotta hair! I just stalked your fotki and thats some awesome progress. Now give up the tips soror! :lol: Congratulations and keep growin girl!

Yep that's what I'm talkin bout, give up the tips:orders:

SweetAKA said:
Oh my gosh....:eek: A shout out to lil ol me.......

"First I want to thank god, my mama and my dad, of course all the little people." lol :lachen:

But on the real, thanks a lot. It has taken me some serious practice. I appreciate it, makes me feel like I'm doing something right. But I really should be thanking you all. Because everything I do, I have got from a lot of different people on this board.

So you ladies keep up the good work also, so I can steal me some tips from yall. :lol:

Oh yeah..............
SKEEEEE WEEEEE!!!! to all my Soror's
Good grief what are you doing? :shocked: How did it grow so long in 4 months? Do you get 1" a month? What is your regimen? Nice hair :)

What's so funny is that I keep my regimen simple and easy.

I wash once a week applying Silk Elements Hair Mayo first sealed with Jojoba oil and sitting under the dryer for about 15-20min, then wash that out. For the last 4 months I have used two different brands of shampoo: Nexxus (Therappe, and Botanioil<-----used the most) and KeraCare (Moisturizing shampoo).

As for conditioners, I mix the Suave milk and honey with Nexxus Humectress. When I ran out of the Nexxus, I started using KeraCare Humecto. To me they both seem to do the same. I put the two on sit under the dryer for another 15min then rinse with cold water.

For leave-ins, I use one by KeraCare and the NTM Silk. Apply this, pull my hair back in a pony, add some Silk Elements hair gloss, put my scarf on and then lay it out for the night. The next morning I get up and flat iron it out.

So really that is it, I think just having patience's to deal with my hair at 17weeks post was what really helped. Because at times it could be so frustrating dealing with it because it would be so thick. No style would stay in it at all. So I think growth in patiences, led to growth in my hair.:)

SweetAKA said:
What's so funny is that I keep my regimen simple and easy.

I wash once a week applying Silk Elements Hair Mayo first sealed with Jojoba oil and sitting under the dryer for about 15-20min, then wash that out. For the last 4 months I have used two different brands of shampoo: Nexxus (Therappe, and Botanioil<-----used the most) and KeraCare (Moisturizing shampoo).

As for conditioners, I mix the Suave milk and honey with Nexxus Humectress. When I ran out of the Nexxus, I started using KeraCare Humecto. To me they both seem to do the same. I put the two on sit under the dryer for another 15min then rinse with cold water.

For leave-ins, I use one by KeraCare and the NTM Silk. Apply this, pull my hair back in a pony, add some Silk Elements hair gloss, put my scarf on and then lay it out for the night. The next morning I get up and flat iron it out.

So really that is it, I think just having patience'sto deal with my hair at 17weeks post was what really helped. Because at times it could be so frustrating dealing with it because it would be so thick. No style would stay in it at all. So I think growth in patiences, led to growth in my hair.:)

Where do you get this??

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All that within 4 months time. U are definately doing something right. It looks so good, healthy and thick.
Very Very nice. keep Growing girl:-)

Yeah, your hair looks gorgeous... I love that style! And to think, all that growth while still using a flat iron... there's still hope for me.;)

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Where do you get this??

I buy them from Sally's. They come in the little tubes, I think they are $.79 a piece. So I bought like 8 of them and emptied them into a bottle and poured a little bit of lavender oil in with it. It smells great, and really feels good on my scalp.

SweetAKA said:
I buy them from Sally's. They come in the little tubes, I think they are $.79 a piece. So I bought like 8 of them and emptied them into a bottle and poured a little bit of lavender oil in with it. It smells great, and really feels good on my scalp.

Silk Elements Hair Mayo first sealed with Jojoba oil

Is this all one product or do you add the jojoba oil to the hair mayo?? Girl I'm so confused about all these oils:perplexed

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Silk Elements Hair Mayo first sealed with Jojoba oil

Is this all one product or do you add the jojoba oil to the hair mayo?? Girl I'm so confused about all these oils:perplexed

Believe me I am too. But I apply the Hair mayo first, and then once I'm done with adding that then I add the Jojoba oil and go sit under the dryer.

Hope that helps

Back