Shoulder Length in 2010 Challenge!!!

Oh Em Gee! :D I noticed my hair was was like on my lower neck while washing. SO I pulled some down and it touches my shoulder with a little to spare. Now I am working full complete SL. :happydance:

The last time I straightened my hair was January 2nd (I was necklength)...
I stretched the back part of my hair today and it hit collar bone.
I will straighten again in April...hopefully my longest layers will be shoulder length

014.JPG

Just stopping by with a progress pic.....I'm getting there (I think) :grin:

Just braided my hair into 15 straight-backs to go under my wig (i am also in the 2010 braid challenge). I am using crown and glory method and MT mixed with gueye growth oil on my scalp every other day. My cornrows touch past the bottom of my neck now so I wonder what it is straightened. Either way I will totally reach my goal by summer!!!

So I made it thru week one with my braids. I have DC'd this week and have been moisturizing and sealing. Will DC again tomorrow and see if I can thru another week with the same cornrows. I am really trying to pass SL.

I hope I've made SL. I couldnt post pics for a minute but now I have a new puter so I should be checkin' in. If I'm not full SL, I know I'll be there for sure by Dec. I have trim a bit off. :nono::nono::nono:

I hate that.

Hey Ladies :wave:

Can I join your challenge pretty please?

Here are my details below:

Current Length

I am actually already shoulder length but also transitioning from a relaxer. I have had some breakage from the difference between the two textures so have BKT'd to smooth out the line of demarcation a little. I am going to see how this goes and if I wish to continue to BKT to retain some control over my NG.

My plan will then be to Big chop my relaxed ends at the end of the year and I hope to have reached full thick and healthy shoulder length.... :grin: :cloud9:

Things I will be doing for growth

- Healthy Diet
- Vits & Chlorella
-2 litres of water a day
-Exercise
-Learn to balance and manage stress
-Moisturizing and sealing nightly
-Wash and DC every week.
-Mild protein every 2-4 weeks.
-Massage scalp, especially thin areas 3x weekly with JBCO mix
-Low manipulation i.e. weekly combing and de-tangling
-Protective Style, buns, wigs and large loose braids/ cornrows
-Satin scarf and silk pillows
-Monthly Henna-Indigo treatments to strengthen hair
-Bi-monthly BKT treatments to minimize stress on hair ate demarcation line and thus breakage

What I am not going to do
Not use "direct heat" more than 1x a month i.e. for BKT treatments and length checks
Jump on anymore bandwagons

Tis all ladies and am very excited to join you on this journey. :grin: :yay:

Last edited:
I want to join. I'm shoulder length in the back but I have a lot of layers and some overprocessing breakage. I'd like to be full shoulder length by 12/10.

What I plan to do:

Washing and DC 1x per week
Pre poo over night
Hard protein every 6 weeks or as needed
Protective styles
Castor oil

Found some pics...So after I trim, hopefully I'll be back at this stage in no time.

Attachments

• gav and me 325.jpg
    gav and me 325.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 27
  • gav and me 304.JPG
    gav and me 304.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 29
  • gav and me 329.JPG
    gav and me 329.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
UPDATE!!!

Flat ironed my hair for the first time in 3 months so I thought I'd do a mini update.

30aynte.jpg

It's a bad pic I know, but I have yet to master the picture taking. :lachen:

Hi all I joined back at the beginning but did not post what I intend to do. Also I have never posted a picture before, hopefully this challenge will encourage me to post. I am natural and shoulder length stretched but would like to become shoulder length unstretched.

I dont think my natural hair has ever been shoulder length so this is a real challenge for me.

What I intend to do:

Baggy under wig
Co wash and DC once a week
Shampoo as needed
Careful Detangling to minimise hair loss ( I'm far too impatient)
Sesame Oil/Cayenne/Sulphur homemade growth mix
Scalp massage 4- 5 times a week
B50, 2mg Biotin, Spirullina and Chlorella
Egg Shake

Hey ladies,

Just checking in with pics, the hair in the back is now touching my collarbone, the sides are about an inch from shoulder. Am happy with the progress so far, I think I have retained most of what I have grown. Been just doing either braidouts or twistouts as a daily style.

Well done to everyone, I don't post much but I do keep an eye on everyone's awesome progress.

Sorry for the crappy picture.

Attachments

• 2010-03-30 22-47-35.193.jpg
    2010-03-30 22-47-35.193.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 12
can i join?? i just got a neck length bob :grin:
here are my starting pictures-i like to take progress pics on blowdried hair for some reason(i'm natural):
hairstuff306.jpg

and here's my cute little bob:
hairstuff254-1.jpg

hairstuff260.jpg

regimen:
-i try to exercise daily, drink plenty of water, i take a multivitamin, good vegetarian diet, etc.
-wash and DC at least 1x a week. sometimes less, sometimes more. style, leave alone.
-oil and massage my scalp pretty much every night-i use either coconut oil or castor oil.

WELCOME to all the new challengers!
& to everyone who posted updates, you're making GREAT progress!! keep it up!

i BC'd, so i'm a lot further away from SL than I was last month :grin:

but, i'm still keeping my regimen up!

i started back up on a hair skin & nails vit, & am trying to drink a liter of water a day. i'd say i'll exercise daily, but i know that'll be a lie :lol:

anyways, hope everyone is doing well!

Back