shoulder length challenge 2007

I'm in!! My avatar is where I am starting!! BY December I hope to be at Shoulder length!! I will shampoo every other day and use Lenzi's Request on scalp while wet and take multi vitamins everyday

I agree! I think that would be a good idea and we should have starting point pics and or post progress pics. What do you guys think?

I am currently tracking my progress on my fotki, I just clocked my first year on LHCF. So, my beginning pics will be from Dec 2005.

Check my profile for link and passwords.

I'm in! I didn't make it in 06:ohwell: So i'm determined to make it by the end of 2007. Main things holding me back are these layers and this funny spot in the back of my head that always breaks really bad. i think i got really busy with grad school this semester and slacked off on my hair care some, but i'm back in the game now.

Keeping it simple. Roller sets, minimal heat/manipulation, moisture and oil, and stepping my vitamin game back up. Thinking about texlaxing.

I will post starting point pics soon after i relax and trim again. :)

Can I join, I hope to reach shoulder length in March 07, I am also in the APL challenge and I hope to reach that goal by the end of next year

Imani said:
I'm in! I didn't make it in 06:ohwell: So i'm determined to make it by the end of 2007. Main things holding me back are these layers and this funny spot in the back of my head that always breaks really bad. i think i got really busy with grad school this semester and slacked off on my hair care some, but i'm back in the game now.

Keeping it simple. Roller sets, minimal heat/manipulation, moisture and oil, and stepping my vitamin game back up. Thinking about texlaxing.

I will post starting point pics soon after i relax and trim again. :)

My hair is the same way in the back. The same area always has breakage:confused:

asiaticlily said:
My hair is the same way in the back. The same area always has breakage:confused:

Are you wrapping a scarf around your head and tying a knot in the back? That could be the culprit.

I am soooooo feenin for shouler length. I have a lot of breakage and am losing length is some parts. :(. I have a longg way to go but I will stil try. my biggest problem is moisture I don't think I am using th right oil to seal. I also will start using flaxseed oil and water to help with the moisture intenally.

Poohbear said:
My goal is to have shoulder length hair when stretched by april 2007. I hope to reach my goal before april 2007 though.

Wait! Hold the phone! What IS shoulder length? Because I thought your hair WAS SL judging from your avatar. can somebody post a pic of SL!

asiaticlily said:

I'm still trying to figure it out but i think there is something wrong with my scalp back there. its really sensitive and tender sometimes and the hair is extremely coarse and brittle. its been like that for at least the last 7 years. sometimes its worse than other times and the width of the area that it covers varies but its always in that same general area. :perplexed

saw some minor improvement this summer when i was on my vitamins consistently (multi, biotin, and msm) so i guess i'ma get back on those. thought about mtg but i'm scared:look:

also thought about a dermatologist but i don't wanna spend all that money and they end up unable to do anything about it.

Lusa said:
Are you wrapping a scarf around your head and tying a knot in the back? That could be the culprit.

No, it is the back crown area on the right hand side. I don't know if it is the way I sleep, a cowlick or what? :confused: But since I've been wearing protective styles it is growing in nicely.

AprilSunShyne said:
Im in!! YAY, my first challenge. :grin: I will post pictures after I get a relaxer and trim next week. BTW, how do you post pictures?:confused:

you can upload your photos at photobucket.com and copy and paste the image link

Imani said:
I'm still trying to figure it out but i think there is something wrong with my scalp back there. its really sensitive and tender sometimes and the hair is extremely coarse and brittle. its been like that for at least the last 7 years. sometimes its worse than other times and the width of the area that it covers varies but its always in that same general area. :perplexed

saw some minor improvement this summer when i was on my vitamins consistently (multi, biotin, and msm) so i guess i'ma get back on those. thought about mtg but i'm scared:look:

also thought about a dermatologist but i don't wanna spend all that money and they end up unable to do anything about it.

I had one hairdresser tell me it was from the way I sleep. I don't know, but since I keep that area moisturized and hidden under protective styles it is growing in nicely now. I'm just afraid when I reach my goal and wear my hair out it will start to break again :ohwell:

I'm in! I believe I'm almost there....I should definitely make a good shoulder length in 2007. I'm also hoping for APL (we'll have to see) ;-)

Ooohh, I'm in too....Hopefully I can go from short and sexy to shoulder length by this july or atleast by the end of 2007.

Can someone please explain to me the point in which you can call yourself shoulder length because I have been terribly confused. I have seen many members on other shoulder length challenges with hair much longer than mine and I though I was shoulder length! If I am not true shoulder length then I will join this challenge. I was hoping to make it there by my birthday Dec. 7th but I am not sure anymore and I guess I need a few more inches. I just wish my hair wouldnt grow so slowly and I am truly contemplating adding Nioxin or Viviscal to my diet.

Here is the link to my fotki, please feel free to leave comments I dont get very many!

I'm in too... I've had a few set backs and I'm currently in the hide your hair until April..so this is perfect... I'll be stretching my relaxer hopefully until june sometime(last one at the start of October). I'll be doing braids and sew-ins. Happy Growing...

:wave: I'm in!

I hope to follow the footsteps of Ambitious1013 (another shoutout... :lol: ) and acheive amazing growth in one year. I'll be doing the 2007 LHCF Bootcamp while hiding my hair. Yes!

Back