• no

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • dont go jackoing your head up, no again

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • i dont know

Votes: 18 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have done it before and it was fine. However, this has to be a decision you have to make for yourself. Also, I never did it at home by myself when my hair was as long as yours. I went to a stylist that I trusted with my hair and who took very good care of it. He knew how to work with thick, long hair and how to move fast so it wouldn't stay on to long, but also made sure it had enough time to not be underprocessed. I say it can be a good option, but make sure you think it through really good before you make a quick decision. HTH!

Do you have a stylist in mind or are you going to do it yourself?

i want to try to some on a small area of hair first and wait and see. then if all goes well, ill get a sylist....i have to check her attitude out first before i sit in her hair tho. if i get a bad vibe ill walk out...

hey adora. sounds like you're ready to come to the dark side :grin: Just remember that everyone thinks that the grass is greener on the other side.

I've never been natural...and my hair isn't as long as yours... but maybe my experience with texlaxing will help with your pros and cons list.

-my hair snaps even when finger combing gently. to avoid this i use mane & tail detangler on dry hair or i detangle with conditioner in my hair. other than that, i don't play in my hair.

-my hair quickly reverts when i flat iron. i'm sure everyone is different but my hair starts to get 'poofy' by day 3 unless my stylist does it (rarely). keep this in mind if you live in a humid area... my braid outs even 'revert' in humidity... my hair basically looks bigger lol.

-you still get a lot of tangles when doing braid outs, twist outs, wet and go, etc like other naturals (just comparing from what i've heard).

-consistency is VERY important why applying it to you hair. some areas in my hair are straighter than others bc i switched stylists. my newer stylist didn't understand the length of time i wanted it left on... plus i don't think she's familiar with texlaxing, so i went back to my old stylist who does it just right. so beware of that.

i can't think of anything else right now that you may want to consider... maybe other texlaxed ladies will add to my list to give you a better perception to ensure you make the right decision.

I also have pics of my texlaxed braid outs after getting hit by humidy and a roller set i've done (w/ carusos though) if you're interested to see how it looks. Good luck with your decision, it's a big one.

I agree with all of the bolded:yep::yep::yep::yep:...but i've been successful at the consistent part because i do my hair myself....everything!!

So when i do get ready to texlax....i put about 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil in my relaxer....to "dumb it down" as i like to call it. And i always put condtioner on my previously processed hair...but since ur natural you would have to apply it root to tip....and after application i only let it sit on my head for 5-10 minutes....rinse rinse rinse....neutralize neutralize neutralize!!!! I use Olive Oil No-lye in the Mild formula.

I agree with the bold. I had the same things going too. :yep:

Also, you have to be up on your protein treatments. That being said I think you will be happy with the overall effect.

hey adora. sounds like you're ready to come to the dark side :grin: Just remember that everyone thinks that the grass is greener on the other side.

I've never been natural...and my hair isn't as long as yours... but maybe my experience with texlaxing will help with your pros and cons list.

-my hair snaps even when finger combing gently. to avoid this i use mane & tail detangler on dry hair or i detangle with conditioner in my hair. other than that, i don't play in my hair.

-my hair quickly reverts when i flat iron. i'm sure everyone is different but my hair starts to get 'poofy' by day 3 unless my stylist does it (rarely). keep this in mind if you live in a humid area... my braid outs even 'revert' in humidity... my hair basically looks bigger lol.

-you still get a lot of tangles when doing braid outs, twist outs, wet and go, etc like other naturals (just comparing from what i've heard).

-consistency is VERY important why applying it to you hair. some areas in my hair are straighter than others bc i switched stylists. my newer stylist didn't understand the length of time i wanted it left on... plus i don't think she's familiar with texlaxing, so i went back to my old stylist who does it just right. so beware of that.

i can't think of anything else right now that you may want to consider... maybe other texlaxed ladies will add to my list to give you a better perception to ensure you make the right decision.

I also have pics of my texlaxed braid outs after getting hit by humidy and a roller set i've done (w/ carusos though) if you're interested to see how it looks. Good luck with your decision, it's a big one.

Its fun being texlaxed though...even though i'm still gettin rid of old bone strait ends....:barf:

But for the 8-10 inches (estimated) of texlaxed hair that i have accumulated....i like how it waves up slightly when its wet....its so cute :)

I was detangling my hair yesterday and i was showing it off to my sister:grin:....wook at da widdle waves!!! So cuuuuute!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Its like you get the best of both worlds really...but if i were you...bc i really do like your hair in its natural state.....do what you can to leave a majority of your natural texture in there.:yep:...bc of my strait ends...i can't do wash n goes right now....but as i continue to texlax i will!! My pet peeve right now is having to blowdry and flat iron....so much work!!!

:yawn:
i have heard of it but did not actually try it. tell me about this henna please:yep:

I'm sure there are others with more experience (and more hair) but last year I was facing frustration with my shoulder length hair tight hair that poofed to where I couldnt do anything with it.

I started using henna and it loosed my curls just a tad where I was able to admire them more.

It was enough of a change of pace to keep me from thinking about texlaxing.

:yawn:

I'm sure there are others with more experience (and more hair) but last year I was facing frustration with my shoulder length hair tight hair that poofed to where I couldnt do anything with it.

I started using henna and it loosed my curls just a tad where I was able to admire them more.

It was enough of a change of pace to keep me from thinking about texlaxing.

thanks, my hair already has a kinda loose curl to it, i want to go beyound that.

I feel ya, but I do know that there are times I just want my hair straight. After I get my fix I seem to always miss my curls.

I guess it's all about finding that happy medium.

Go ahead and texlax your hair im looking at your hair pictures and it looks crazy thick i dont blame you for wanting to loosen those curls...go ahead and do it but go to a salon and have them do it first and come back with the results

:woohoo:

I have been using silk elements mild for a year now. I've never had any problems with it and other ladies seem to like it as well. You should check out the texlaxers support thread, maybe there are suggestions there.

thankssss, i did not know there was such a thread lol. ill be stalking that thread in a min lol. i guess i will have a texlaxed pic thread coming up soon, probably this week....:yawn:

I cannot WAIT to see your results tho!! Your pics are gonna have NO MERCY!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

lol, all i hope is that it all works out for. instead of posting a bunch of pics lol, im thinking of making a video lol. oh gosh!!!

im so excited that im think about throwing on my snowboots and just walking to the 24cvs ont the corner right now!!!! (thinking about doing it tonight) lol

IMO HECK NO! don't do it.
I think you should do what you feel is best but don't think texturizing will fix all the "problems" you may think you have with your hair. Hope you're happy with whatever you choose, but I really hope you've thought it through first cause the grass is always greener as they say.

What if texlaxing or texturizing doesn't give you want you want? Have you already thought about that and the possibility of coming out with bone straight hair, and how hard it is to match the new growth touch ups with the already texturized hair. And you still have to apply heat to get it straight as if it was still natural plus you have chems in it. I understand you want to see your length, but you'll also be giving up some thickness and curls too.

Here's some food for thought:
go to 5:00
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/c/69A3AAFAB00BD571/3/E9oOrIT83P0

Last edited:
No, don't texturize your hair.

I don't see why your hair is hard to comb. Is it heavily saturated with water or moisturizer before you comb?

Check out ClassicBeauty's post. She is natural and does rollersets and flat-irons her hair on a weekly basis. Her hair looks great!

There's a lot more waist length natural hair ladies who show off their length....FlowerHair, wonderstar, Chocokitty, Pokahontas, Pinkskates, and more!

Just wanted to mention that I texlax and I can't comb my hair and I can't straighten it myself. I totally understand you wanting to see all your length though. Please do a strand test and if you decide you are gonna do it with a stylist than make sure it is a stylist who has done this type of thing before, will do what you want, and watch them like a hawk.

Most of the people who have bad text experiences went to a stylist. They suck for this IMHO. No offense, but the best text heads I see are usually self-texted.

IMO HECK NO! don't do it.
I think you should do what you feel is best but don't think texturizing will fix all the "problems" you may think you have with your hair. Hope you're happy with whatever you choose, but I really hope you've thought it through first cause the grass is always greener as they say.

What if texlaxing or texturizing doesn't give you want you want? Have you already thought about that and the possibility of coming out with bone straight hair, and how hard it is to match the new growth touch ups with the already texturized hair. And you still have to apply heat to get it straight as if it was still natural plus you have chems in it. I understand you want to see your length, but you'll also be giving up some thickness and curls too.

Here's some food for thought:
go to 5:00
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/c/69A3AAFAB00BD571/3/E9oOrIT83P0

hey, thanks so much for that video. my hair looks just like her's when its wet. somtimes when its dry too. i have curly hair and im tired of it still lol. i know im making a big decision but im sooo tired of my curly hair!!!!

im tired of spending so much time detangling ittttt, if it does go bone straight, which i dought very much, but it it does, i really dont think im going to care much.

64 people so far have said yes. Wow, i'm pretty surprised.

I say no, you aren't ready for it. It shouldn't be done on a whim plus i think you may regret it in the long run. Just think it through and make sure you are ready for the maintenance of chemicals.

No, don't texturize your hair.

I don't see why your hair is hard to comb. Is it heavily saturated with water or moisturizer before you comb?

Check out ClassicBeauty's post. She is natural and does rollersets and flat-irons her hair on a weekly basis. Her hair looks great!

There's a lot more waist length natural hair ladies who show off their length....FlowerHair, wonderstar, Chocokitty, Pokahontas, Pinkskates, and more!

thanks...:sad:<--this is my face when i do my hair. flatirons will take out my hair. rollersts eh dont want to talk about them because they do nothing....

ive dont all the natural styles, twistouts, buns, what else is there? im bored out of my mind already with this hair... i dont want to sound down but i am. i know i should be happy have alot of hair but whats the point of having alot of hair if i dont know what to do with it>???

whatever you decide, do your research first...texlaxed hair won't be a walk in the park because it will still have texture left...read through the entire texlaxed support thread and search the board for other texlaxing threads and see the issues everyone goes through; find a couple of texlaxers to talk to etc....
Also, give yourself time to perfect your technique because like chaosbutterfly said, some us with bone straight hair have problems with sleekness!!! :lol: you better believe it
if you have sucky technique......well, your hair won't have the look you want

Look at blackmasterpiece, she seems to have coiler hair than yours but look at her blog, look at her straight pictures, they look great...she does hair wonderfully; ask her for help, she's really nice and always willing to help with hair

But anyhoo, your hair is really nice and I'm sure it will be great either way.

Sounds like you have your mind made up about it. I would suggest PMing some texlaxers like DLewis, HappilyME, etc for advice. Good luck with it and remember that deep conditioning is a requirement for any head of hair that is chemically treated.

Back