Votes: 30 31.6%
  • i dont know

Votes: 18 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:look:-:look:-:look:<--here i go with another thread-:look:-:look:-:look:

ok, this is my hair, its hard to comb, and when i do comb it i always think i hear hairs snapping:perplexed, eh i dont know. so im thinking about textaxing. last night i had a dream that i had long texlaxed hair:ohwell:.

Then, after seeing this pretty hair http://www.youtube.com/user/ZanAndRob#p/u/5/-BJ6sSev-6k and this--> http://www.youtube.com/user/ZanAndRob#p/u/6/lIfk-MX-6V0 i just want to texlax even more!! im so confuesed. im tired of being WL and not being able to see my length unless i stretch it with fingers. but i dont want to ruin my hair either with chemicals. im torn betweent the two, can somebody give me some advice please., anybody else going through this??

oh, and if i was to texlax, i promise to step my game up on the aphogee protein products and ill moisturize twice daily!!!.....please say its ok for me to texlax<--whining:yawn:

if i do texlax, will my rollersets look like this-->
rollerset7mo2.jpg
<---beautiful hair!)i dont know if this is a memeber here, i hope i dont get in troube for using her pic. there were so many other beautiful rollersets that ive seen!

SmilingElephant and *HappilyME* and so many other members here have beautiful texlaxed hair...

what should i do??

My gut reaction is to tell you "NOOOOOOOO! Don't do it!" but honestly, I know exactly how you feel. I am nowhere near WL (I'm not even really SL curly and I'm inching to APL stretched). I want to see my length too!

But I didn't have much luck self-relaxing and I"m too cheap/lazy/impatient to go to a stylist. Plus, IMO texlaxing seems too unpredictable. So I guess for ME, I'm just gonna stay natural! At least for now.

I've just been washing/DC and bunning 2x a week now. I don't feel like dealing with my hair. I've bought 4 new cute wigs and I plan to use those when I feel bored.

I hope to see more growth this year and to reach my goal of full SL curly. That will make me happy.

I hope others come in and chime in with suggestions for you! :yep: Good luck.

Have you tried keratin treatments, rollerseting, straightening your hair before to see how you like that? From what I gleaned no two texlax treatments are the same. Just explore every other option before you try it though.

Have you tried keratin treatments, rollerseting, straightening your hair before to see how you like that? From what I gleaned no two texlax treatments are the same. Just explore every other option before you try it though.

yes i have tried all but the keratin and i wouldnt try that if sombody paid me. thank you. rollersets dont work. and flat irons dont work

Adora, you really have a beautiful head of hair :gorgeous: and I would hate to see you do anything to jeopardize that. Texlax may very well work for you but have you exhausted all other possibilities? When you say flatirons don't work, what kind of flatiron do you use? What is teh heat setting you use? Do you do the chase comb method?

Texlax you will still have the benefit of wearing somewhat natural styles and the benefit of wearing it straight. I plan on transitioning for 2 years then texlaxing I want to loosen my curl pattern a bit. I like straight styles, roller sets more so it defeats the purpose of me staying natural. I'm just growing out my bone straight relaxed ends now.
Good luck with what ever you choose.

I think you should try to perfect certain techniques before you do something drastic like texlaxing. I know you tried rollersetting and it wasn't successful, so maybe watch some more video tutorials, try different types of rollers, etc.?

I think you need to exhaust all other options before you turn to chemically altering your texture :)

Adora, you really have a beautiful head of hair :gorgeous: and I would hate to see you do anything to jeopardize that. Texlax may very well work for you but have you exhausted all other possibilities? When you say flatirons don't work, what kind of flatiron do you use? What is teh heat setting you use? Do you do the chase comb method?

comb chase??? my hair laughs at a comb. i tried every rollerset, about 200oproducts, they all come out the same, Yes they are very curled rollersets and it looks pretty, BUT they are crunchy and hard.. and flat roining, who feels like doing that every week? not me,:nono::nono:

THAnkS ALOT

If your rollersetting technique is bad, texlaxing isn't going to help. Straighter hair won't guarantee a perfect rollersetting. Even people relaxed straight have busted looking sets *raises hand* because the technique is off.

Perfect your technique first, and if you're still unsatisfied with how it looks, then texlax.

Hmmm...even though I'm for Texlaxing.....if you do, you would have to apply the relaxer quickly to your entire hair....you don't want the relaxer to sit too long on the area you applied the relaxer first while you get the rest of your hair.

comb chase??? my hair laughs at a comb. i tried every rollerset, about 200oproducts, they all come out the same, Yes they are very curled rollersets and it looks pretty, BUT they are crunchy and hard.. and flat roining, who feels like doing that every week? not me,:nono::nono:

THAnkS ALOT

@ bolded: Especially with almost waist length hair! That would be really tedious and time-consuming for you.

With whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

thanks sooo much ladies for answering, i appreciate your respones so much, i was thinking about getting it done by a stylist. if i do it myself i would do one side of head, wash out, and then start on other side just so the relaxer wont be sitting on my head while im trying to do whole head.....

AdoraAdora24, I think your hair is the best natural hair I seen and would one day have my hair like yours. I think you would have to make this choice yourself b/c you are the only one that will have to deal with it.

adora what hair type are you? your hair might just need hard protein treatment and then a dc with heat and then maybe try roller setting or take it to a stylist that you TRUST to roller set it for you? personally i dont have the best of luck with flat irons either, but i am sure that for me it is both the tool that i use and my technique. you might want to try to perfect you technique, and as you know texting requires touch ups every number of months. your natural hair at WAIST LENGTH is very pretty. really think this through before you text because it will take you some time if you change your mind to get back to waist length natural.

adora what hair type are you? your hair might just need hard protein treatment and then a dc with heat and then maybe try roller setting or take it to a stylist that you TRUST to roller set it for you? personally i dont have the best of luck with flat irons either, but i am sure that for me it is both the tool that i use and my technique. you might want to try to perfect you technique, and as you know texting requires touch ups every number of months. your natural hair at WAIST LENGTH is very pretty. really think this through before you text because it will take you some time if you change your mind to get back to waist length natural.

i actually dont know my hair type. and i dont think i would mind getting my hair retouched becuase thats better then flat ironing everyweek, right. thanks so much

ITA with most of the other ladies opinions, you better really give it some serious thought before you texlax! But it also seems that whatever anyone really says you have a negative answer for. That is yr hair on yr head, and I really hate to see you go that route! For some reason I do feel if you do decide to texlax down the line you may regret it.

do you realize how many ladies wish that had yr texture and length to boot with yr natural hair in it's state as it is now?

Quite a few! Not saying not to do it, but just give it some serious thought before you do! Once you decide to do it, it won't be any going back you know. Do what you really feel is best for you.

One more thing I would like to add is this, and maybe it will help you further with yr decision!

Why don't you make a pro and con list of natural vs texlax and see which one will overall defeat the other.:grin:

My first inclination on this is to say don't do it. I really like your natural hair. It is very pretty. Maybe try flat ironing every few weeks or once a month to enjoy your length more. But if you do that, you will have to really protect and baby your hair when it is not straightened. You know, protein and such.

ITA with most of the other ladies opinions, you better really give it some serious thought before you texlax! But it also seems that whatever anyone really says you have a negative answer for. That is yr hair on yr head, and I really hate to see you go that route! For some reason I do feel if you do decide to texlax down the line you may regret it.

do you realize how many ladies wish that had yr texture and length to boot with yr natural hair in it's state as it is now?

Quite a few! Not saying not to do it, but just give it some serious thought before you do! Once you decide to do it, it won't be any going back you know. Do what you really feel is best for you.

One more thing I would like to add is this, and maybe it will help you further with yr decision!

Why don't you make a pro and con list of natural vs texlax and see which one will overall defeat the other.:grin:

thanks alot. i have been thinking about this alot!! i really think im going to do it. and the pros and cons list i have done that too lol.

pros,
straighter hair
softer hair
i can actually comb hair
put rollers in it ,set overnight
shows length
can style it like i want

cons,
Chemical damage, wich is unlikley to happen to my hair.

im just tired of my hair, and i really want the thick/straight/fluffy look.

bump for more answers. i think the poll is closed but please still pop in to say what you feel.....

if i do it, i will creat a very pic heavy thread..

hhhhh this is a hard choice. im off to watch some more youtube videos on natural and texlaxed hair

hey adora. sounds like you're ready to come to the dark side :grin: Just remember that everyone thinks that the grass is greener on the other side.

I've never been natural...and my hair isn't as long as yours... but maybe my experience with texlaxing will help with your pros and cons list.

-my hair snaps even when finger combing gently. to avoid this i use mane & tail detangler on dry hair or i detangle with conditioner in my hair. other than that, i don't play in my hair.

-my hair quickly reverts when i flat iron. i'm sure everyone is different but my hair starts to get 'poofy' by day 3 unless my stylist does it (rarely). keep this in mind if you live in a humid area... my braid outs even 'revert' in humidity... my hair basically looks bigger lol.

-you still get a lot of tangles when doing braid outs, twist outs, wet and go, etc like other naturals (just comparing from what i've heard).

-consistency is VERY important why applying it to you hair. some areas in my hair are straighter than others bc i switched stylists. my newer stylist didn't understand the length of time i wanted it left on... plus i don't think she's familiar with texlaxing, so i went back to my old stylist who does it just right. so beware of that.

i can't think of anything else right now that you may want to consider... maybe other texlaxed ladies will add to my list to give you a better perception to ensure you make the right decision.

I also have pics of my texlaxed braid outs after getting hit by humidy and a roller set i've done (w/ carusos though) if you're interested to see how it looks. Good luck with your decision, it's a big one.

Adora....if you wanna texlax just know that you HAVE to be on top of your protein/moisture balance!!! Only because of the line of demarcation...so before you put a chemical in do a protein treatment or deep condition with a protein type deep conditioner a week before....and also a week after.....to keep them strands strong:yep:

I'm lovin my texlaxed hair!!

Talk to some of the other texlaxed ladies who have the same length you have...they may encourage you and give you some tips.

hey adora. sounds like you're ready to come to the dark side :grin: Just remember that everyone thinks that the grass is greener on the other side.

I've never been natural...and my hair isn't as long as yours... but maybe my experience with texlaxing will help with your pros and cons list.

-my hair snaps even when finger combing gently. to avoid this i use mane & tail detangler on dry hair or i detangle with conditioner in my hair. other than that, i don't play in my hair.

-my hair quickly reverts when i flat iron. i'm sure everyone is different but my hair starts to get 'poofy' by day 3 unless my stylist does it (rarely). keep this in mind if you live in a humid area... my braid outs even 'revert' in humidity... my hair basically looks bigger lol.

-you still get a lot of tangles when doing braid outs, twist outs, wet and go, etc like other naturals (just comparing from what i've heard).

-consistency is VERY important why applying it to you hair. some areas in my hair are straighter than others bc i switched stylists. my newer stylist didn't understand the length of time i wanted it left on... plus i don't think she's familiar with texlaxing, so i went back to my old stylist who does it just right. so beware of that.

i can't think of anything else right now that you may want to consider... maybe other texlaxed ladies will add to my list to give you a better perception to ensure you make the right decision.

I also have pics of my texlaxed braid outs after getting hit by humidy and a roller set i've done (w/ carusos though) if you're interested to see how it looks. Good luck with your decision, it's a big one.

thanks soo much for posting this, read and rereading.:yep::yep::yep: i know there are some texlaxers that can chime in here....not trying to point fingers but smilingElepH***..caughs...

Back