Should I reply... I kinda already know the answer... Lol

AnjelLuvs

So I meet this guy at a friends BBQ say 3 weeks ago... All dude did at first was text, okay cool you at work, but then to start texting that night, I went along with it because frankly I didnt want to talk and could get back to text whenever felt like... The next day all he does is text again,but later that night, I again go along, but at a point as it is nearing 11:30pm I am like you can call sometime, I am going to bed, and dont respond to his text till next day....

The next week same thing, now though text are getting later, I received one at 12:01 like what you doing, I respond that next morning like sleep...

following days SAME freaking MO, I go back and forth for a few then say I am going to bed or something... I really do need to find another way to stop shenanigans, maybe I just need to be that B.... so I do, I tell him I am not into the continuous text thing and I informed him in past that he should call, he denies it, so I text exactly what I stated, he gives some BS, so I am like call sometime implies to call....

At this time I am already tired of phone games I am like lets link up, he says he has something to do, ok... the next week, say sunday the week of my bday I ask what doing etc, I forget what he says but we didnt meetup.... ALL this time when I text/speak to him I express how excited I am for bday to past, etc etc and so forth.... Last we spoke on phone was Tuesday...

NOW, Wednesday, July FOURTH, which I think is a memorable day, was my bday... He didnt call nor text...

Now today 7/13 @9;30pm, he texts "Hey".... Like WTF, I didnt respond...

I really dont need advice but wanted thoughts, maybe some advice if you have some, Lol...

I feel like I am too nice... Lol, no seriously... :perplexed

I bet he will pick up the phone and call you when you don't reply if he really wants to stay in touch.

Men suck...Im thinking of playing for the other team. Already tried on the equipment, was a good fit LOL Just kidding....maybe not...maybe

sounds like to me he doesn't want anything serious with you. a man that wanted to get to know you would've at least respected your wishes, and definitely wouldn't be texting "wyd" at 12 in the am. i hate texting. if you still want to deal with this guy i would call him and no longer answer his texts; not even the next day, you'd only be promoting his behaviour.

I've already told you about my views on texting...I actually prefer it :lol:

You shouldn't have replied to his texts after you told him a second time.

I agree sometimes keyawarren, but text tend to be more than however many words, call, k bye thanks... LMAO

I have a BB so if my reply takes up whole screen, it looks really weird to me, and would prefer a call...

I agree sometimes keyawarren, but text tend to be more than however many words, call, k bye thanks... LMAO

I have a BB so if my reply takes up whole screen, it looks really weird to me, and would prefer a call...

Yeah. I'm not used to dealing with dudes off the street as much anymore, so I can see how talking on the phone is ideal. Ideally we'd text a meet up time and place and then that's when we do all of the talking.

I only have one friend I talk on the phone to period. Only cus she lives overseas and mandated it :lol:

He's a knuckle head testing the waters to see if you're simple. I'd remove his number or block it if possible.

AnjelLuvsUBabe, Most of my thoughts have already been said, but one thing I noticed from the op is that you said 'call sometime implies to call.' No it doesn't. It's been brought to my attention lately :look: that people cant give you what you want or need unless you can articulate it clearly. If that's exactly how you phrased it, I can somewhat get him not remembering cuz it seems like a throwaway phrase. Aside from that, though, yeah, he trynna hit, of course, but with too little effort.

Yeah I would drop it. I'm not a big phone person either so I can't fault him for that too much..but he can't even make plans to meet up and talk in person? Naw son..

Don't doge his calls or act like you are not getting his texts. Just tell him to stop calling you. It's really that simple.

Back