She Updated.....Ateya's Perm day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
props to her, her hair is gorgeous and i love her videos....but no way would i have done that just for some you tubers. :nono:

yall got me wantin some peanut brittle again LOL....stop talkin bout it i'm trying to cut back :lick:

Why are ya'll so obsessed with her?? Her wig is what has the swang not her real hair :perplexed

I cant speak for others, but I wouldnt say that its obsessed, but like others members we have on here that are on youtube as well, I love watching their videos because no matter how long I have been on this board I dont know it all and I can always gain new tips from anyone.

I am sorry, but maybe I am missing something here:rolleyes:, but her hair has always had the swang to me and its not the wig.

I cant speak for others, but I wouldnt say that its obsessed, but like others members we have on here that are on youtube as well, I love watching their videos because no matter how long I have been on this board I dont know it all and I can always gain new tips from anyone.

I am sorry, but maybe I am missing something here:rolleyes:, but her hair has always had the swang to me and its not the wig.

her hair has serious swang :rocker:

BTW sometimes if your hair reverts too soon after relaxers it is OK to overlap the next time you relax, it is basically like doing a corrective. Especially if you want bone straight hair all the way down and your hair takes too long to process to being all the way straight. Her hair isnt coming out in clumps because she is clearly doing what works for her (and it worked for me in the past as well).

We have some popular members relaxing over and over again within weeks who we have been able to accept... but we want to tear into this girl for overlapping a little when she relaxes? Did I miss something? Was she doing an Aphogee treatment mixed with Henna and Cholesterol or something? Did she rinse with Listerine?

I only found Lorraine about 3 weeks ago. From viewing her 'methods', I said, She has to be one of us!! Then I read her blog saying she loves LHCF or LHCF is one of her fav sites.. I shook my head:yep: and smiled. Way to go Lorraine.

Off Topic.....That lil lady in your siggy is darn cute!!!

I found Lorraine not too long ago too. I like her! :yep: Our hair seems to like the same products. She actually have me contemplating using the Dark & Lovely.

PS: I agree with Tee and Bint. I wouldn't even use Ateeya's relaxer techniques on John McCain's pubic hair. :nono: But if "it works" for you, then that's cool too. Just don't come on the hair board crying cuz your hair broke off lol! J/k!:lachen:

BTW sometimes if your hair reverts too soon after relaxers it is OK to overlap the next time you relax, it is basically like doing a corrective. Especially if you want bone straight hair all the way down and your hair takes too long to process to being all the way straight. Her hair isnt coming out in clumps because she is clearly doing what works for her (and it worked for me in the past as well).

We have some popular members relaxing over and over again within weeks who we have been able to accept... but we want to tear into this girl for overlapping a little when she relaxes? Did I miss something? Was she doing an Aphogee treatment mixed with Henna and Cholesterol or something? Did she rinse with Listerine?

I am too through with you :rolleyes:

Who was tearing into her? Most people simply said that's not the correct way to do it. :look:

Almost everyone here said they LIKE her. She just has style on her mind, not hair health.

I found Lorraine not too long ago too. I like her! :yep: Our hair seems to like the same products. She actually have me contemplating using the Dark & Lovely.

PS: I agree with Tee and Bint. I wouldn't even use Ateeya's relaxer techniques on John McCain's pubic hair. :nono: But if "it works" for you, then that's cool too. Just don't come on the hair board crying cuz your hair broke off lol! J/k!:lachen:

I really like watching Lorraine videos also and have her saved as one of my favorites on youtube. She does a great job at explaining everything.

Let the church say Amen!!! Clearly Ateya is doing her, and her real hair has serious swang and bling- and looks rather healthy, I might add.

I read that too. But in all due respect, I think it's more important to put up a video showing the correct way to do it, if you are going to do it out of love for your views. I would rather you love me by doing it correctly or just saying you rather not do it because you can't display the correct methods on yourself. (No offense to you Mrsshicks. I am just speaking in general.)

I have to agree with this.

Who was tearing into her? Most people simply said that's not the correct way to do it. :look:

Almost everyone here said they LIKE her. She just has style on her mind, not hair health.

We are talking about comments both on and off Youtube.

ETA: btw many of those comments (minus the racist ones) are from LHCFers (one of which had the same name )... usually normal people who arent on hairblogs dont go looking to comment on this sort of thing

No need for eyerolling. But right back at ya! :look:

We are talking about comments both on and off Youtube.

No need for eyerolling. But right back at ya! :look:

:look::look::look:

:lol:

but you are talking about us... I just don't see A LOT of animosity towards her here.

Most of us just don't agree with how she relaxed her hair in that video.

I think some people are being oversensitive. Nothing horrible was said about her here.

BTW I want to point out there is nothing wrong with not moisturizing 24/7... i.e. walking around all day with a shower cap on and baggying nonstop. There is nothing wrong with doing it either, but it doesn't work for everybody. Especially if its bone straight hair. All that really needs is protein treatments. Why would she be moisturizing straight done hair anyway? So it gets frizzy and wet? Oil Sheen is basically all that kind of hair needs when its done.

Relaxed hair needs extra strength... it actually gets too mushy & breaks when you sit around and moisturize it all the time. Especially if you are bone straight (in my experience). The more you relax the more protein you need. If you are texturizing you arent going to need an Aphogee treatment as much as you would if you were bone straight. Which is probably why baggying and moisture sprays and DCing overnight took out so much hair from me when I joined this site (and ended up transitioning)

I just thought some of this was obvious but I wanted to put that out there in case anyone didnt notice.

BTW I want to point out there is nothing wrong with not moisturizing 24/7... i.e. walking around all day with a shower cap on and baggying nonstop. There is nothing wrong with doing it either, but it doesn't work for everybody. Especially if its bone straight hair. All that really needs is protein treatments. Why would she be moisturizing straight done hair anyway? So it gets frizzy and wet? Oil Sheen is basically all that kind of hair needs when its done.

Relaxed hair needs extra strength... it actually gets too mushy & breaks when you sit around and moisturize it all the time. Especially if you are bone straight (in my experience). The more you relax the more protein you need. If you are texturizing you arent going to need an Aphogee treatment as much as you would if you were bone straight. Which is probably why baggying and moisture sprays and DCing overnight took out so much hair from me when I joined this site (and ended up transitioning)

I just thought some of this was obvious but I wanted to put that out there in case anyone didnt notice.

I think everyone knows all of that and agrees with most of what you said. Not all of us walk around baggying all day either. Most of us don't do that.

All that was said is that her relaxer application wasn't one of the greatest. What is wrong with that? We still love her hair otherwise there would be threads about it. If it works for her then great. Just because I don't agree with her relaxer application, it doesn't make her hair any less lovely to me. I just understand that the things she puts her hair through are not things I can do to mine. Thats it. No one here has called her names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back