“setting To Success” 2016

LOL I'm cracking up at how I was contemplating buying one bonnet and you guys have an entire collection.
I didn't even think about what type of silk. I have no idea where to start with that.

Side note I used those plastic dryer heat blocker things on my last set and my curl formers were dry in 30 minutes. And I set on soaking wet hair. Best results I've ever had!!

LOL I'm cracking up at how I was contemplating buying one bonnet and you guys have an entire collection.
I didn't even think about what type of silk. I have no idea where to start with that.

Side note I used those plastic dryer heat blocker things on my last set and my curl formers were dry in 30 minutes. And I set on soaking wet hair. Best results I've ever had!!

You know some of us (me) are a bit extra :lachen:

I forgot how straight those smaller pink rollers can get my roots. I was all set to flat iron my roots on low (because I'm coloring on my next wash day) but I didn't need to.

They just take so much longer to dry. But the set lasts longer and the roots are straight. Guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Roller setting finished now I'm under my bonnet dryer.

So much less breakage, less hair coming out in the shower.

1. Pre poo with coconut oil
2. Shampoo with silk elements moisturizing shampoo then rinse
3 deep condition with Jane carter hydrating mask then rinse
4. Add a quarter of KCNT
5. Roller set using Nairobi setting lotion

6. Pics are on its way

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    883.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Roller setting finished now I'm under my bonnet dryer.

So much less breakage, less hair coming out in the shower.

1. Pre poo with coconut oil
2. Shampoo with silk elements moisturizing shampoo then rinse
3 deep condition with Jane carter hydrating mask then rinse
4. Add a quarter of KCNT
5. Roller set using Nairobi setting lotion

6. Pics are on its way

@Adiatasha What do you think helped you to get less breakage? Did you try a new technique?

Usually when I wash my hair, I put it in braids with perm rods on the last 6-8 inches. I hate those little grooves in the perm rods, so I want to make some silk sleeves (with leftover silk fabric) to cover them.

I really don't feel like looking through all the stuff in my garage for my sewing machine, so I just cut up some old scrunchies and did a temporary fix . :lachen:

image.jpeg

Usually when I wash my hair, I put it in braids with perm rods on the last 6-8 inches. I hate those little grooves in the perm rods, so I want to make some silk sleeves (with leftover silk fabric) to cover them.

I really don't feel like looking through all the stuff in my garage for my sewing machine, so I just cut up some old scrunchies and did a temporary fix . :lachen:

View attachment 373593
Ha, I cover my sponge rollers with cuts of scrap silk fabric.

View attachment 373593
Works for me. Why go through all that work when this works just as well :yep:

Hi ladies! I've decided that I'm gonna give up air drying because my hair has suddenly started to hate it :sad: So I'll be alternating between saran roller wrapping and the occasional blowdry. I'll just thug out the rest of the summer while looking raggedy :look: and start in the fall. The heat index today was 114 where I live so I wouldn't dare sit under a dryer.

I want to start fresh with new rollers so I'll be purchasing some this week. Anyone have a reputable website that sells large snap on rollers? My local Sallys only has the large rollers that require pins or clips. That's what made me give up rolling the first time.

Hi ladies! I've decided that I'm gonna give up air drying because my hair has suddenly started to hate it :sad: So I'll be alternating between saran roller wrapping and the occasional blowdry. I'll just thug out the rest of the summer while looking raggedy :look: and start in the fall. The heat index today was 114 where I live so I wouldn't dare sit under a dryer.

I want to start fresh with new rollers so I'll be purchasing some this week. Anyone have a reputable website that sells large snap on rollers? My local Sallys only has the large rollers that require pins or clips. That's what made me give up rolling the first time.
Amazon is usually my first stop for anything I can't find on the ground. But I'm not sure any brand makes super large (2 inch plus) rollers with snaps. I do recall seeing that you can use smaller snaps on larger rollers,but I'm not sure how well that would work for long term use.

@lulu97 hey girl! Thanks for the shout out. How've you been? I've been shadowing this forum but not gonna lie, I've been enjoying my summer lol!! Been taking it easy with my hair. I got a trim & flat iron in June at the salon, rocked that for about 3 weeks and since then have been doing twist and curls every wash. Too lazy for curlformers these days lol. Hope everyone's been having a great summer too! :)

@coilyhaircutie Hey Lady!!! So glad to hear from you. I'm doing well, thanks so much for asking.

I maintained my roller set hair for 6 days and enjoyed combing, playing in it and wearing it down. The humidity is still around a tad bit so by the last days, I was in a ponytail or a French braid. I could have made it last longer by bunning, but I've gotten use to conditioning my hair twice a week and was getting the urge.

Happy Friday Ladies!! I just FINALLY rolled on straight hair (used wrap foam, Grapeseed oil on the ends). As I'm typing this, I realized that I didn't add water-- my curls might not set the way that I want them to...Ah well, I'm also excited because I'm finally going to purchase my Pibbs-type dryer and I'm hoping this will be the missing link with my rollersets- I don't want to have to continue blow-drying every week.

I did that too with my perm rods. I went to the dollar store and bought the silky wrapped sponge rollers and just put the silk wraps on my rods. Easy and only $1 for 10!

View attachment 373593

I'm fairly certain I'll be doing a light blow dry and flat iron next week. To prep I'll do a roller set this Friday. Setting always makes me thoroughly detangle my hair, so that will make the next wash even easier.

Back