Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

lulu97- gorgeous!! Your sets always look so perfect. I want 10 years of practice type results without doing the 10 years of practice. (whine whine)
GettingKinky Thanks Sis but Girrrrrrl this was my first full set with flexi rods on wet hair. I was not expecting it to come out like it did! lol I can def see this being my spring/summer style. Gonna wear it down a few days, then do some updo's..next week I want to turn it into a bantu knot out.

Last edited:
lulu97

Your new addition looks yummy! I just want to eat him up. Congratulations!

As always, your hair and flexi set are slammin'!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

My hair is crying out for a set but I have yet to make any flax seed gel and o refuse to set with anything else

My flexi rod set from Sunday is still holding up. I've been applying a small amount of argan oil each night before putting it in a pineapple.

Last edited:
I got weave checked today y'all!!!! Took my son to get his braces tightened and the only black receptionist pulled me to the side and asked me which hair store did I buy my "hair piece" from. At first I thought she was trying to be funny cause Lawd the front of my hair was frizzy and looked so different then the bouncy curls in my ponytail but she was dead serious. I was like "this is all me"! She was like OMG, it's so pretty...and proceeded to touch it. I didn't mind until I heard one of the teeth on my banana clip pop off! It was a struggle to get it to snap this morning. lol Anyway here is my banana clip ponytail she was drooling over.

Last edited:
I got weave checked today y'all!!!! Took my son to get his braces tightened and the only black receptionist pulled me to the side and asked me which hair store did I buy my "hair piece" from. At first I thought she was trying to be funny cause Lawd the front of my hair was frizzy and looked so different then the bouncy curls in my ponytail but she was dead serious. I was like "this is all me"! She was like OMG, it's so pretty...and proceeded to touch it. I didn't mind until I heard one of the teeth on my banana clip pop off! It was a struggle to get it to snap this morning. lol Anyway here is my banana clip ponytail she was drooling over.

When my hair grows up I want you to do my hair lol! Very lovely

Did a rollerset yesterday and slept in those red magnetic rollers (so uncomfortable ) and wrapped my hairs. I did see any frizz while wrapping. I used a lot of mousse so my hair will hold up very well this week

I bought a pack of orange flexirods for $3. I slept in them last night and today I had big bouncy curls. I work at Chili's so I had to throw it up in a bun for work. The bun stretched my curls a bit, but ut still has lots of body. Im going to start sleeping in my flexirods every other day. First day curls are tight. Second day curls are looser

I'll start slowly exercising this week, so hair will be in a bun until wash day. Thinking of washing and doing another Flexi rod set on Friday, as I have a wedding to attend on Saturday...want it to be nice and fresh!

Okay Ladies, I have four white mesh rollers in my hair as a test. I still haven't bought a LCL Dryer, so I'm testing to see what will happen if I air dry with the Italian rollers. I need my hair stretched for the Summer Solstice, so I can dust. I used Keracare Hair Foam on one, Redken Anti Snap on another, and It's a Ten LI on the other two.

If this lil' experiment is not a complete failure, I'll do an air dried roller set to get my hair stretched. If I turn up with a Curlformer set you will be able to deduce what happened.

ETA: Trying to avoid breaking out the flat iron, but I will if I have to.

I did a roller set for this first time since going natural and I used the orange perm rods.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140616_102629.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140616_102629.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 44
  • ForumRunner_20140616_102641.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140616_102641.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 50
Ummmmmm see what had happened was...I wore my pineapple out in public the other day...and I had 0 cares to give. lol

Next time I'm gonna do a french braid leading up towards the pineapple in the back and turn it into a style.

Last edited:
I used these products: shea butter leave in. I used the leave in after washing and did about ten twist and let air dry for about 30 mins. Then, I mixed the two setting lotions and some EO together and saturated my hair with it, then roller set away!

ForumRunner_20140616_103319.jpg

I used these products: shea butter leave in. I used the leave in after washing and did about ten twist and let air dry for about 30 mins. Then, I mixed the two setting lotions and some EO together and saturated my hair with it, then roller set away!

View attachment 265349

I went to the beach today. I had curls when I got there (flexirods), but by the time I left my hair got beachy and wavy so I put it in a bun.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1402934375966.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1402934375966.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20140616_201323.jpg
    20140616_201323.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 82
Okay, the experiment with the four white mesh rollers was a success. However, I need a hair dryer. It took entirely too long for those four sections of hair that I rolled up to dry :nono: So, I'll be doing a Curlformer set with It's a Ten Miracle LI when I rinse out my DC.

I'll post pix when the set is dry.

My hair has been marinating in coconut oil and deep conditioner all day in preparation for setting tomorrow.

My last flexi rod set, I used 2 leave in's and a foam wrap lotion and my curls were so moisturized, bouncy and lasted for quite some time. I still noticed I had actual curls from the set today when I was removing shed hair. I'm going to be purchasing different brands of foam wrap over the next few months to narrow down which ones I like best. I stole back CD Macadamia foam from my daughter so I'll use that for my next few sets (even regular roller sets and wear the curls) I'm excited to have a reason to try some new stuff cause I hardly ever do.

Thought y'all ladles could appreciate. My husband fell out laughing when he came home and found my 1 year old getting prepped for parents night. She was so content

I used Nairobi wrap foam. On already moisturized hair. Washed-conditioned it yesterday and today rewet with water :)

Attachments

• image-782735410.jpg
    image-782735410.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 73
Back