Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

You talking about the purple or dark grey ones? I have the purple ones. Those are really big. I don't use them because its hard to get under the dryer.

Of course i didnt think about that. I am going to try them this weekend mixed with the 2 inch grey ones I have. We shall see if I can fit under the hood and if they are effective.

I might try my magnetic rollers for my next set since I bought them and I'm way too lazy to return them. The Carol's Daughter Foam Wrap worked well for my hair. I imagined it would be less messy than using a spray bottle with setting lotion but there was foam all over my bathroom! I also used the CD Blow Dry Cream. I think it made my sections dry faster, which would have been nice, but then I had to re-wet before applying the foam. I'll save the blow dry cream for when I actually blow dry, and stick to just a leave-in and foam.

What do you all think of perm rods on longer natural hair? Would it be the same as curlformers or a different longer lasting look?

What do you all think of perm rods on longer natural hair? Would it be the same as curlformers or a different longer lasting look?
Blairx0 from the tuts I've seen on YT, perm rods seem to give a tighter, less stretched curl than curlformers.
here's mahoganycurls' perm rod set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df3vIljvWEw
here's her curlformer set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m52qyL8KaTQ
I think both styles are really cute. I was contemplating buying some perm rods myself ahaha. :D it's a toss-up between flexirods or permrods for me. let us know how the style turns out for you! post pics if you do it!

Thanks for the videos. Her hair is Goregous, but such a different texture than mine. I may pick some up. If I love them you will see ky curl formers on the exchange forum.

Other opinion ladies?

I can't wait to get my hands in my daughter's hair to roller set it tomorrow. Since this was my off week, I've been craving to do hers. I woke her up this morning trying to do it a day early and she was like no ma'am...your wash day is on Thursday and mine is on Sunday...remember? That kid keeps me in line. lol

Thanks for the videos. Her hair is Goregous, but such a different texture than mine. I may pick some up. If I love them you will see ky curl formers on the exchange forum.

Other opinion ladies?
Blairx0 - I had a look around my room, and I found perm rods! :lol: they were in a dusty box in the back of my closet. My roommate had given them to me a couple years ago when I went natural, but since I had just cut off all my hair then, I couldn't really use them (lol). I'm excited to try them out now, on wash day! I think I'll wait until Sunday or Monday night to wash. I'll probably set with KCCC.

Gotta fess up y'all. A week ago everybody was talking about leave ins and slip.

Well I'm a believer I bought a new leave in and it was so worth it. I had zero hairs in the comb.

Thanks to everyone!

Gotta fess up y'all. A week ago everybody was talking about leave ins and slip. Well I'm a believer I bought a new leave in and it was so worth it. I had zero hairs in the comb. Thanks to everyone!

brownb83 Was it the It's a 10?!

Also did you get your breakage under control? The one with the keratin should help with that too.

brownb83 Was it the It's a 10?!

Also did you get your breakage under control? The one with the keratin should help with that too.

Nope it's called Brazilian kertain creme. My breakage has slowed, thank god.

I think between the weather, excess sweat my hair needed something more.

Thanks for asking. I'm still going to try its a 10 look. Lol

Nope it's called Brazilian kertain creme. My breakage has slowed, thank god. I think between the weather, excess sweat my hair needed something more. Thanks for asking. I'm still going to try its a 10 look. Lol

Yay about slowing down the breakage. We wanna keep all those beautiful strands on your head!!! I'm glad you found something that works!!!

Went to buy some perm rods today, but they all they had were cold wave rods.

I googled ajdbfound the difference is perm rods narrow in the center and lay closer to the scalp, whereas cold wave rods are straight and tend to produce more uniform curls.

Did my first set this year with curlformers. The style was ok...I need to work on the back of my head better though. Also need to find products that help smooth my hair and keep the frizz to a minimum.

I used the Design Essentials Twist & Set lotion which was tacky and not all that good. I doubt if I will use it again.

Did my first set this year with curlformers. The style was ok...I need to work on the back of my head better though. Also need to find products that help smooth my hair and keep the frizz to a minimum.

I used the Design Essentials Twist & Set lotion which was tacky and not all that good. I doubt if I will use it again.

Moisturize and seal and use a foam wrap. Makes the hair stick better to the roller and it makes the hair smooth and it lasts longer with it

Hi. I'm trying to order rollers from fashion-megastore.com. Do any of you know how to get them shipped here and can you only order a certain amount? I can only place 3 packs of each size in my cart. I also do not see the U.S in the list of countries. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi. I'm trying to order rollers from fashion-megastore.com. Do any of you know how to get them shipped here and can you only order a certain amount? I can only place 3 packs of each size in my cart. I also do not see the U.S in the list of countries. Thank you!

I ordered a few years ago with no issues.there was no order minimum.

I don't think I know how to Bantu knot. Either that or my hair doesn't like it slash I have no idea what it is supposed to look like.

I guess I could watch a YouTube video, but I hate watching videos. Yeah I know that is like blasphemy, but I don't like watching anything.

My hair is on bun today and will be until spring, but I want to learn a preservation method before the spring

ForumRunner_20140203_075633.jpg

ForumRunner_20140203_075645.jpg

ForumRunner_20140203_075655.jpg

Sorry for the quality. I was rushing to het to work.

Blairx0 When I did two bantu knots to preserve my style I just started twisting (not two strand, but literally twisting) my hair until it started to curl around itself. I kept twisting all the way to the ends and I had a little bun. I threw a soft scrunchie over it to make it stay and it worked. When I woke up I had two tight "s" curls, but when I separated them I had curls again. I think the less knots the looser the curl, so next time I'll probably do three.

Still rollersetting weekly. It is getting better each week and I am slowly but surely getting faster at putting the rollers in. I should receive my curlformers this week so I will give those a try. I am looking forward to that.

Blairx0 When I did two bantu knots to preserve my style I just started twisting (not two strand, but literally twisting) my hair until it started to curl around itself. I kept twisting all the way to the ends and I had a little bun. I threw a soft scrunchie over it to make it stay and it worked. When I woke up I had two tight "s" curls, but when I separated them I had curls again. I think the less knots the looser the curl, so next time I'll probably do three.

Blairx0 this is how I Bantu knot. I normally preserve my roller sets with a loose bun though and tie it up with a satin scarf.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I don't think I know how to Bantu knot. Either that or my hair doesn't like it slash I have no idea what it is supposed to look like. I guess I could watch a YouTube video, but I hate watching videos. Yeah I know that is like blasphemy, but I don't like watching anything. My hair is on bun today and will be until spring, but I want to learn a preservation method before the spring Sorry for the quality. I was rushing to het to work.

Blairx0 My knots are similar to toaster and exactly like this video: skip to the 5 minute mark

http://youtu.be/AURbiW5qBsk

It's also a good idea to apply a tiny amount of moisturizer (I like Hairveda's Busy Izzy), finger comb the curls out from the roller set then make the bantu knots. This wetness from the moisturizer will also help them set and form the wavy S curl.

Back