****Serious Growth Challengers****

*Frisky*

I need some serious growth challengers for this one.

I cut off close to 5 inches of my hair over these past couple of months and needless to say, I am missing my hair:sad: It was for the best though. My ends look way better plus I need to start cutting off all this hennaed hair so it was unavoidable.

Now, I need some folks to commit with and motivate me to get at least 3 of the inches back by the end of the year. I know we got some ladies serious about growing and have gotten good results. I am on the hide your hair challenge as well so I am putting it in hahaha...

Hi Frisky :wave:

I'm in. Im hoping for 3" by the end of the year also. Im eating healthy (hair diet), bunning and HOT to retain length, Im on my own no cutting chall (cutting is my favorite thing to do:perplexed) and massaging my scalp 3 nights a week.:yay:

I'm in! My stylists took off about 3 inches and I want it back. I will message my scalp daily and continue to take 2500 mcg's of Biotin. Might up my intake to 5000.

Me, Me, Me!!!:trampolin:trampolin:yahoo::yahoo:

Let's get this done!! I am so..... in!!! I am currently 8 weeks post, so if EVERYTHING goes according to plan... It should be at 3 inches exactly by the end of December!!

My Plan
* I'm currently on a 12 week stretch (which will end Sept 31st)

* I will begin ANOTHER stretch (for 18 weeks) from Oct 1st - Feb 2010. During this time I will limit my exposure to heat (deep conditioning only). I will miss you rollersets, but I know it's for the best...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: I will be doing strictly braid-outs and protective styles during this time.

* Up my protein intake (eat more fish, chicken, and protein shakes)

Last edited:
I'm down too!! 3 inches would finally get me to SL! I plan on hiding my hair in braids and using MTG, working out more, improving my diet and getting back on my suppliments.

I'm in too.

I've been taking my regular multi-vitamins... Super Nutrition Women's Blend, using ayurvedic washes, and applying a mixture of 2% MN/jojoba/castor to my scalp after each wash.

I would soooooo like to get 3 inches by New Year's.

YAY!!:clap:

Thanks ladies!!

I think sticking with what you know has worked for you in the past is a good start. I remember getting the most growth in a months time was from high protein intake. I don't know about growth aids. I have used a few before but this year, not so much. I may use something for these few months. I think posting a starting pic would be good. I don't know if I can though since I am on the hide your hair challenge hahaha..maybe I can use that as one of my passes we get:grin:

I want in too, my stylist hacked off about 2" and I need about 2.5"-3" to hit BSL. I'm on a high protein/high water diet and want to know what's the game plan. How many grams of protein are you doing? Dlewis, please chime in as I've stalked your hair blog and remember you getting amazing growth in only 2 months. Tell us what you did, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!

Hey *Frisky*!
I am REALLY needing three inches right about now since i'm growing my bob out. The shortest side needs about 3 inches to get it to SL where the other side is brushing right about now. I'm thinking about evening it up when I get that side to SL so this challenge sounds perfecto! Thanks for starting it. I'd like to hop on this bandwagon! :)

I want in too, my stylist hacked off about 2" and I need about 2.5"-3" to hit BSL. I'm on a high protein/high water diet and want to know what's the game plan. How many grams of protein are you doing? Dlewis, please chime in as I've stalked your hair blog and remember you getting amazing growth in only 2 months. Tell us what you did, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!

I am aiming for at least 75 grams a day..not to exceed 100 ..me and D were just talking about the protein shakes. The shake I take has 50 grams in it. I know for sure I am doing one in the morning for breakfast. Maybe one at night with only one scoop instead of two which is 25 grams. Depending on what I eat for dinner and lunch. I usually do salads for lunch or a protein shake from Robeks but no meat ,which is another source of protein. Dinner is usually always some type of meat..I will have to start counting my intake to keep it close to 100...

I want in! You must have been reading my mind LOL. I was trying to go for 3 inches by the end of the year...that would take me past MBL!

Well, I'm doing 2 shakes (2 scoops) per day (Jay Robb Egg Protein - Strawberry) when, if drinking with milk, is 64g. I also snack on almonds, usually pack a salad for lunch with a can of white meat chicken breast and grapes :lick: dumped in it. I wanna go strong, so I'm willing to do what it takes to get that 3".

I am aiming for at least 75 grams a day..not to exceed 100 ..me and D were just talking about the protein shakes. The shake I take has 50 grams in it. I know for sure I am doing one in the morning for breakfast. Maybe one at night with only one scoop instead of two which is 25 grams. Depending on what I eat for dinner and lunch. I usually do salads for lunch or a protein shake from Robeks but no meat ,which is another source of protein. Dinner is usually always some type of meat..I will have to start counting my intake to keep it close to 100...

I wanna join too, 3 inches would take me to APL and that's where i want to be by the end of the year, then i'll do a trim and even it up when i get my relaxer in December.

I would like in too. My hair was relaxed right off my headlast year and i'm in braids now so won't know how far I have to go until my braid re-do mid-sept. I would love to add 3 inches by 12/31/09. I'm taking Biotin, drinking tons of water, exercising twice a day and eating mainly veggies with beans as my protein. Seems to be working cause my braids are looooooosie gooooooosie!!. Scalp massages every evening.
Subscribing!!

I'm in too! Right now I am taking hair, skin and nails vitamins. Once those are gone I may switch over to biotin, drinking lots of water, working out, deep condintioning three times a week and co washing the other four days. Good luck ladies!

I am in. 3 inches by year end would put me at full SL...

Healthy diet, vitamin supplements and preotective styling should hopefully get me there!

I'm in. I want to try a high protein diet.

I want in as well. Lawd knows I could use the 3inches. I think I'm going to braid until the end of the year. I'm in twist now, I have an unhealthy relationship with scissors, so I think I need to hide my hair from myself.

I'm in for the challenge!!!! I would be thrilled to get three inches by the end of the year. I cut off my hair as well to cut out dye and go natural so I'm missing my hair too.

I'm ready to grow! :grin:

Last edited:
I want in as well. Lawd knows I could use the 3inches. I think I'm going to braid until the end of the year. I'm in twist now, I have an unhealthy relationship with scissors, so I think I need to hide my hair from myself.

You and me both. I had to put my hair in braids or I would have just kept on cutting it.

Ok ladies..get those starting pics posted by the end of the week. My plan is to do a monthly update to show any progress..even if there is little to no progress that would be good to know so we can offer encouraging words for future month.

Back