Secrets/Things you'll never let your DH or SO know?

yokoyokogirl

I know that every woman has secrets they don't want their SO or DH know, but why don't you share them?
I don't mean deep dark secrets (I slept with your Dad or I used to be a call girl) I mean other secrets like...

-I sit in front of the mirror sometimes and pick at my eyebrows for hrs.
-I sometimes sit on the toliet for an hr. reading a magazine.
-I cut the size tags out of most of my clothes.
-I stay on LHCF for hrs and hrs at a time.
-I have a list of potential baby names for our future kids.
-I like sex with the lights off only because I don't want the attention to be on my stretch marks.

I hope none of that seems really weird or crazy. What do you ladies keep from your man?

I love to sit and pick at my teeth with needles or some sharp objects
I pee in the shower....hehe
I could care less is you can remember dates like our anniversary or the day we met....but if you bring me a single sunflower...you'll make me smile like the sun
I'm reallly not that scared of bugs....I just think it's kute when you try to protect me from them
I love self-help books

None really. We live together... the fact that he KNOWS when something is wrong without me even doing anything to set it off let's me know there's just some things not worth hiding.

When it comes to specific sexual play by plays with exes, we know who the "best" people were... and how and why but we don't sit there and straight re-hash.

And I will never tell him the disgusting comment my ex gave me a few weeks ago, but I'm sure he's smart enough to know what its along the lines of.

Change the subject....:look:
But seriously, the biggest mistake that I ever made was being too open about things that were none of his business.

That is so true, cause lawd knows they ain't gonna tell you everything. :rolleyes:

As long as it doesn't deal with having secret children, disease status, sexual orientation, things along that line, I don't want to know anyway, somethings really are not detrimental to your relationship whether they are known or not IMO.

uuh lets see!

*I really do not like the fact that his family told him that they like me *(...wait for it...) because I am light skinned!!!!!!!! That is just really outrageous. Its too much!

*I am obsessed with his ex's ass. Its MASSIVE! Its unbelieveable! Its so unfair!

*His dad's cooking once made me REALLY sick. He is always raving about his dads food so I think his feelings would be hurt.

There's not too much since we live together but if I think of anymore I'll be back.

I know that every woman has secrets they don't want their SO or DH know, but why don't you share them?
I don't mean deep dark secrets (I slept with your Dad or I used to be a call girl) I mean other secrets like...

-I like sex with the lights off only because I don't want the attention to be on my stretch marks.

I hope none of that seems really weird or crazy. What do you ladies keep from your man?

i am soo feeling you on the bolded. he already makes so much fun of me whenever sees me on the site. if i ask him a general question he always like "Why don't you ask Long Hair Care Forum!" LOL what an ***!!

Is it wrong to want to know everything?
I've haven't really done anything interesting to be hidden, so I think I should atleast know what he's been doing...it might make me change my mind and leave, which would be a good thing instead of marrying and divorcing.

I've haven't really done anything interesting to be hidden, so I think I should atleast know what he's been doing...it might make me change my mind and leave, which would be a good thing instead of marrying and divorcing.

There are just some things best left unsaid. Cliché but so true. I'm over doing certain things because I'm now less naive and much less stupid. If I'm not in that place when I met him, why in the world would I bring it up? Whilst it may not end our relationship, it does give him licence to potentially judge me unfairly and that could well change his perception of me even if he really doesn't want that to happen. I'm not about being judged over previous mistakes that have nada to do with him in the first place. Nor do I feel just because I make someone my SO or DH that they have full access into my whole entire life history. My own mother isn't even privvy to that.

The things I've likely to not disclouse to an SO are not very serious but extremely personal and some are just plain silly. There's no need to re-hash it. If an SO/DH was to tell me absolitely everything, then fine. But I'm not bothered. Just tell me the serious things (like another poster said - children, sexual orientation, disease etc) because those are really the things worth stressing and divorcing/leaving over.

I feel you on the LHCF thing and I'm on here wayyyy less than I was when I first discovered it!

The other night SO said to me "Are you on the Black girls site again? Ask them how to a Japanese man can get more attention from his Black girlfriend":look:

How much can you handle?
Be careful what you ask for.

I can handle everything..and if I determine that it is too much i would appreciate knowing so that I can leave and save myself.:lachen:

I'm like that myself. LMAO @ the second sentence.:lachen:

Well, it's good to know that, but at the same time, there might just be a gentleman with a spotted owl past who might be everything you find irresistable. What happens if you find out something...way in the past, that you don't like, but doesn't apply anymore? Nothing too crazy, just something like... he had a nude pic on someone's website or something.

I'm like that myself. LMAO @ the second sentence.:lachen:

Well, it's good to know that, but at the same time, there might just be a gentleman with a spotted owl past who might be everything you find irresistable. What happens if you find out something...way in the past, that you don't like, but doesn't apply anymore? Nothing too crazy, just something like... he had a nude pic on someone's website or something.
I figure out people anyway so I would rather him just tell me. I think everything in the past is applicable because we transform. It is nice to see how people have transformed, and it could also explain alot also. Like look at the history of America, we have changes, some things may not seem applicable, however if you think about it, I can definitely see from the past where we have gotten our behavior. If he has a nude pic, I'll know that he perhaps has an adventurous personality..so he may not take nude pictures of himself but he may express this behavior in other forms.

I won't say how many of your examples are things that I actually do :sekret:

How I really feel about my ex.

I've pretty much told him everything and some things I regret telling him because of how he reacted (nothing too scandalous) but now I know better what things I can discuss with him and I keep my mouth shut in those areas.

Certain things that, when I told my ex about them, he threw them in my face. Not letting that happen again. :perplexed

Certain things that, when I told my ex about them, he threw them in my face. Not letting that happen again. :perplexed
So true.
I told him that my ex never bought me any jewerly, nada nothing.
So my SO goes and randomly buy some jewerly.
Recently when I complain about something he says "But how many of your exs bought you an $800 necklace"...Like that makes everything ok:nono:

and BLUENILE....

The list could go on and on..just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one out there.:look:

How much can you handle?
Be careful what you ask for.

The last is so true! People don't believe, that when you ask for things, you might get it and watch out! I don't ask hubby anything that is prior to me and vice versus. I won't volunteer anything prior to him whether serious or not. Some things are better left unsaid!

I'll never let him know how to get to my heart and soul...that makes it too easy. I've been bad about that in the past...I've learned that there's some things men need to figure out on their own.

Things I kept from my hubby
- I thought his dad was a real pu$$y - (he abused his wife and kids when they were younger) and i wanted him to come at me, so i could whoop that ***! I used to stare him down while talking to him.

- His fam told him I had ulterior motives for being with him - he ain't have **** when I got with him! I wrote that in my diary and he found it. OOPS!

Back