Scunci Magicbun - Miracle for APL or Longer

hennagirl

Scunci Magicbun No Pin No Bands No Fuss is a miracle for APL or longer. It is a great way to wear an attractive protective style without tension on your temple area if your hair is APL or longer. In addition, we know the weave patrol is always on duty. The APL or longer buns made with the Magicbun are clearly your hair and it is obvious you have a lot of it. I reiterate APL or longer because shorter hair requires more tension on the temple area which defeats the purpose. Shorter hair also does not achieve the big loose bun which is obviously real.

I realize that there may have been a thread about the Magicbun. I am not asking a question so there is no need to let me know if there has been a similar thread.

hennagirl said:
Scunci Magicbun No Pin No Bands No Fuss is a miracle for APL or longer. It is a great way to wear an attractive protective style without tension on your temple area if your hair is APL or longer. In addition, we know the weave patrol is always on duty. The APL or longer buns made with the Magicbun are clearly your hair and it is obvious you have a lot of it. I reiterate APL or longer because shorter hair requires more tension on the temple area which defeats the purpose. Shorter hair also does not achieve the big loose bun which is obviously real.

I realize that there may have been a thread about the Magicbun. I am not asking a question so there is no need to let me know if there has been a similar thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do you find this? What does it look like? I am just curious to see it.

Letitia said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do you find this? What does it look like? I am just curious to see it.

I got mine in my grocery store hair aisle for $3.99. I am sure you could get it at Walgreen's or Rite Aid. I know that both of those stores carry the Scunci line which is marketed primarily towards caucasians. I have never seen a Scunci product in an Asian/Black beauty store.

Thanks for the info ladies. I will check them out.

Tsmith...have you tried them?

I ordered 2 and would have ordered more but they only had 1 color. I didn't feel like running around town trying to find these scrunchies. I will do a google and see if I can find a site with other colors when I get the chance:)

Ooooooohhhhh, I want one, I want one. Actually I want three :D

I think I saw these at Claire's not too long ago. So, French LHCFers, run to your nearest Claire's before I get em all :lol:

hennagirl said:

Hey, this thingy looks great, the video seals the deal!!!

I've picked that thing up and put it down at least a dozen times. They sell them everywhere around here. When I'm holding it in my hands I always decide I don't like the little teeth or that I think the plastic is too rough/hard or that I'd get hairs caught when hooking the ends together...

sareca said:
I've picked that thing up and put it down at least a dozen times. They sell them everywhere around here. When I'm holding it in my hands I always decide I don't like the little teeth or that I think the plastic is too rough/hard or that I'd get hairs caught when hooking the ends together...

I hear ya, I'll make mine real loose and see how it goes. If I see one hair , I'm done wit it;)

I've had this for a few years now, but I could never get my hair to roll up. I think I must have been doing something wrong. I'm going to see if I can dig it up & see how it works now.

sareca said:

Ironically, I did the same thing with the Magicbun before LHCF. I have always had one-length APL or longer hair but thin, not particularly attractive aside from outside world standards of length. The regimen I have learned on the board has added thickness and length. Summer is coming and I now have a lot of hair that I need to get off my neck and out of my face. I didn't get a great parking space at the grocery store that day and I was hot and that Magicbun looked a lot less dangerous and more like a great idea. The rest is history.:lol::lachen::lachen:

hennagirl said:
Ironically, I did the same thing with the Magicbun before LHCF. I have always had one-length APL or longer hair but thin, not particularly attractive aside from outside world standards of length. The regimen I have learned on the board has added thickness and length. Summer is coming and I now have a lot of hair that I need to get off my neck and out of my face. I didn't get a great parking space at the grocery store that day and I was hot and that Magicbun looked a lot less dangerous and more like a great idea. The rest is history.:lol::lachen::lachen:

So henna, it's not snagging your hair?

MonaLisa said:
Oh my.....I so must have this! Thank you for the video link Seni!

Letitia...you so can handle doing this with all dat hurr of yours!;)

I am going to give it a try!;)

I was concerned about that too...but on the video it doesn't look like she is using it to glide through the hair and I'm thinking...picturing in my mind that it would be better to start with the pins facing your head...then as you pull down there is less risk of a snag. I wonder if I bought this already. I have so many toys I buy and forget about till wayyyy later...its a sickness.

tsmith said:

I know this wasn't towards me, but I had one in high school and it pulled my hair if my hair wasn't oily/greased. The teeth aren't that big, but my hair tends to tangle easily with similar hair items. That's just my experience. I gave it to my mom and she had no problems.

tsmith said:

No. According to the directions on the back of the card you place the smooth side toward your head and roll your hair around the teeth which I previously thought would cause snagging and breaking. I found our that if your hair is long enough, you can wrap it so loosely it barely touches the teeth. I could not make the Seni's video play but if the Asian girl used it in her hair, I think her hair is too short for what I am talking about. I wrap it really loosely. I have never had one hair break/snag/snap/split. I think the key really is having hair long enough to wrap loosely. I agree that if you had your hair wrapped tightly around those teeth with tension it would be a snagging problem. i

I purchased this from Claires years ago but I could not get it to work right. My hair was only SL then, so maybe I will rebuy it and give it another try. :)

hennagirl said:
No. According to the directions on the back of the card you place the smooth side toward your head and roll your hair around the teeth which I previously thought would cause snagging and breaking. I found our that if your hair is long enough, you can wrap it so loosely it barely touches the teeth. I could not make the Seni's video play but if the Asian girl used it in her hair, I think her hair is too short for what I am talking about. I wrap it really loosely. I have never had one hair break/snag/snap/split. I think the key really is having hair long enough to wrap loosely. I agree that if you had your hair wrapped tightly around those teeth with tension it would be a snagging problem. i

Right, that's what I'm going to do wrap it loosely. Thanks for pulling my coat tail on this product because I am really looking for new styles/updos for the summer other than my baggied ponytail. I'm getting real bored with now:)

krissyprissy said:
I purchased this from Claires years ago but I could not get it to work right. My hair was only SL then, so maybe I will rebuy it and give it another try. :)

It will definitely work for you now KP;) How many inches are you from BS?

Back