Scunci Magicbun - Miracle for APL or Longer

I had a Hairgami. I got hit too many times as it slammed closed. I was like... if you hit me one more time...
haushalt_001.gif

Needless to say, it's a little too aggressive for me.

Last edited:
How...in...de...heyall....are y'all fightin and kickboxin with..a hair..accesory???

Dannnnnng...:lol:

MonaLisa said:
How...in...de...heyall....are y'all fightin and kickboxin with..a hair..accesory???

Dannnnnng...:lol:

:lachen: I had that thing for over a year. I was fightin' the whole time.
boese_029.gif

sareca said:
I had a Hairgami. I got hit too many times as it slammed closed. I was like... if you hit me one more time...
haushalt_001.gif

Yep same here. :down:

I have all these things...the MagicBun, the Hairagami, and that other smooth plastic magicbun type thingy - I can't get any of 'em to work for me. I think they're made for straight hair, or something.

Same here...neither worked for me and I went and bought another magic bun a few weeks ago because I thought it would work better for me now that my hair is longer, but it did not work for me this time either. It didn't look neat enough for me and it was too tight. My head was screaming.

Last edited:
I got mine today and immediately tried it. The bun is very cute and very neat but my problem is the bun is too low for my liking. When I pull my hair up higher so my bun can be in the middle, the clamp will not close. Could this be because I'm 7 weeks post? IDK...I can do slanted buns too. Overall, I like this thing. I will try to do a higher bun whenever I do my touchup:D

tsmith said:
I got mine today and immediately tried it. The bun is very cute and very neat but my problem is the bun is too low for my liking. When I pull my hair up higher so my bun can be in the middle, the clamp will not close. Could this be because I'm 7 weeks post? IDK...I can do slanted buns too. Overall, I like this thing. I will try to do a higher bun whenever I do my touchup:D

Dang, didnt we order the same day?? I wont complain though. I am in a braid out and my hair is so big that it would prob. laugh at the clilp right now.

Well I couldnt find the Magicbun thing, but I did find the Hairagami and after about a couple of hours of figuring out how to use it I finally got it to work. It was ok, but made my hair kind of poofy in the front.

I'll be on the search for the Magicbun next to see how that works out.

SweetAKA said:
Well I couldnt find the Magicbun thing, but I did find the Hairagami and after about a couple of hours of figuring out how to use it I finally got it to work. It was ok, but made my hair kind of poofy in the front.

I'll be on the search for the Magicbun next to see how that works out.

I could not find the magicbun anywhere locally and went to all the stores I could think of so I ended up ordering it from Walgreens.com . I even went to my local Walgreens and did not find it.

sareca said:
haushalt_001.gif

You ain't neva lied!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:I tried it once and was like: "you really lookin' for an arse kickin' ain't you?!!??"

Letitia said:
Dang, didnt we order the same day?? I wont complain though. I am in a braid out and my hair is so big that it would prob. laugh at the clilp right now.

Ummmm:look: I know if I'm having a hard time closing the clamp when I try to do a high bun. I know you're going to catch hayl:lachen: You should be able to do a low bun though and dang this magicbun thingy is a size large. Let me know how it goes. Yep, I think the thing came 2 days later after we ordered.

tsmith said:
Ummmm:look: I know if I'm having a hard time closing the clamp when I try to do a high bun. I know you're going to catch hayl:lachen: You should be able to do a low bun though and dang this magicbun thingy is a size large. Let me know how it goes. Yep, I think the thing came 2 days later after we ordered.

I am still waiting.:(

Ordered mine and a few other closeout items {the shipping cost warranted a few other 0.99 cents purchases} from Scrunchi.com on the 20th; same day as Henna's post...received e-mail 2 days later that order had been shipped. I ordered a few of them. Fast shipping even...with a personal check. Looking forward to trying it.

I just ordered mine from Walgreens a few days ago. I got an email today that they had shipped. I went to the scrunchi site and could not find these there anymore.:ohwell:

I got mine today!! I had to try it out several times before I got it to fit right but I like it:) . At first I could only get it to clamp "up" but I wanted it to clamp "down" like on the picture, I still need an inch or two more hair for it to look as big as I'd like but definately a keeper for protective stylin.

Walking the pup, saw the mailtruck slow to a stop in front of my house...yoohooed the mailman..SCUNCHI {not SCRUNCHI as I was thinking it was}...had sent my 6 Magics and I tried it, two tries but it's on..quite comfy.....hair looks blah in photo but the bun can become cute. Good I bought 6 of them. {{Attachment problems..no photo yet!}}

Last edited:
BrooklynSouth said:
Walking the pup, saw the mailtruck slow to a stop in front of my house...yoohooed the mailman..SCUNCHI {not SCRUNCHI as I was thinking it was}...had sent my 6 Magics and I tried it, two tries but it's on..quite comfy.....hair looks blah in photo but the bun can become cute. Good I bought 6 of them. {{Attachment problems..no photo yet!}}

:eek: 6...like that! Hurry up and post pix...we're waiting..LOL! I've never heard of, brands called, Scunchi or Scrunchi (I thought this was a generic term for those pony holders)...I thought I was looking for SCUNCI brand???

Okay, I'm off to find at least two of these! Y'all are such enablers :lachen: :lachen: :D :D

Last edited:
Tried and tried to make the photo small enough to attach..I am going to take a class soon..I cannot stand not knowing how to attach or add photos to my posts without a struggle!!! Trying to make a higher bun but is not easy..will take practice to make it smooth and neat. The teeth are not rough but a high bun takes care to avoid a strand pull and the video teacher was right..Easier usage when hair is straight; I'm almost week 9 stretch...thick roots. Left click and it'll {photo}enlarge.

Attachments

• SCUNCI MAGIC BUN 005A.jpg
    SCUNCI MAGIC BUN 005A.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Pixel Lady said:
:eek: 6...like that! Hurry up and post pix...we're waiting..LOL! I've never heard of, brands called, Scunchi or Scrunchi (I thought this was a generic term for those pony holders)...I thought I was looking for SCUNCI brand???

Okay, I'm off to find at least two of these! Y'all are such enablers :lachen: :lachen: :D :D

:lol: I ordered 4 from the Walgreens site. I hope to get them sometime early next week.

BrooklynSouth said:
Tried and tried to make the photo small enough to attach..I am going to take a class soon..I cannot stand not knowing how to attach or add photos to my posts without a struggle!!! Trying to make a higher bun but is not easy..will take practice to make it smooth and neat. The teeth are not rough but a high bun takes care to avoid a strand pull and the video teacher was right..Easier usage when hair is straight; I'm almost week 9 stretch...thick roots. Left click and it'll {photo}enlarge.

That's as low as I can get my bun too. I think we'll be able to get a higher bun once we get our touch ups. I'm 8 weeks post and I tried and tried to get a high bun but the clamp would not close. I did mine while my ends were moist and it came out very cute and neat. I took the magicbun right off as soon as I saw how it looked:) I'm a baggied girl:D but I'm going to use this from time to time. Just wanted more hair accessories to do more protective styling and this magicbun is definitely worthy of being used;)

BrooklynSouth said:

Thanks for sharing, you're right...cute!

I ran out and bought two of them from Rite-Aid...I'm off to try it now!

Pixel Lady said:
Thanks for sharing, you're right...cute!

I ran out and bought two of them from Rite-Aid...I'm off to try it now!

Here is my pic...not that neat...but I can "Werk wit dat" (the beat to that song is in my head now...LOL). I'm def going to be using this several times per week...can't wait to try it on wet hair.

FYI: You can click the image to make it larger.

Excuse my kitchen...:p

ETA: Thanks OP!!

Last edited:
Pixel Lady said:
Here is my pic...not that neat...but I can "Werk wit dat" (the beat to that song is in my head now...LOL). I'm def going to be using this several times per week...can't wait to try it on wet hair.

Cute!!! You got yours up a little higher than I could:p I'll try again once I do my touchup;)

Pixel Lady said:

Yup..yours looks so cute. Easy feel and comfortable in the hair..just takes a little bit of work and a unique bun is formed.

tsmith said:
Cute!!! You got yours up a little higher than I could:p I'll try again once I do my touchup;)

Did you try to start up higher? I put my hair in a scrunchy first, put the hair bun thingy on, slid the scrunchy off and proceeded from there. Clear as mud...lol!

I haven't had a texlax since Feb 15...I think when I do get one, I'll have to do this on wet hair. I'm really enjoying it...I think I'm doing something wrong though. I had to tuck some ends in. I just did one on the top of my head...I look like a ballerina :look:

Umm...clears throat...where are the pix Ms Tsmith?? You know I wanna see!;)

ETA: Thanks ladies!

Back