Scunci Magicbun - Miracle for APL or Longer

tsmith said:
Right, that's what I'm going to do wrap it loosely. Thanks for pulling my coat tail on this product because I am really looking for new styles/updos for the summer other than my baggied ponytail. I'm getting real bored with now:)

Please, I owe so much to LHCF, it is ridculous. Without LHCF , I would not be talking about "wrapping loosely" and purchasing products to get my thick , shiny hair off my neck and face. I will post every tip/trick/potion I know in repayment. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

hennagirl said:
Please, I owe so much to LHCF, it is ridculous. Without LHCF , I would not be talking about "wrapping loosely" and purchasing products to get my thick , shiny hair off my neck and face. I will post every tip/trick/potion I know in repayment. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Right LHCF is the bomb!!!!:D

I use this and I LOVE it. I purchased it from Walgreens. I have not had any problems with it pulling my hair out. When I've used it, I've always done it pretty tight, but I'm going to try doing it loose next time. When I make my buns with this, they look perfect and I get a lot of compliments.

msshic said:
I've had this for a few years now, but I could never get my hair to roll up. I think I must have been doing something wrong. I'm going to see if I can dig it up & see how it works now.

Same here. When I had longer hair I couuld never get it to make a real "pretty" bun. Just so, so looking. Too bad my hair is now too short to use it at all.:(

Thank you girls. I am going to try this. I have seen it but thought it would rip my hair out, so kept using my trusty hair stick. I am sure my bun would look fab. Grazie!

I love this! I used it for the first time today. My hair is neat and it looks good in a tight bun or a loose bun. When I took my hair out it had a nice soft wave pattern to it. Love it love it love it!

Catina72 said:
I just purchased one!! It looks so neat, I am not quite APL length but I am going for it!:grin:

Where did you find it??? I searched and searched this morning, Kmart, Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Eckerd :lol: and I could not find one. :cry:

I bought one today!

I like it. The only thing I did not like was the little teeth. My hair is always slightly damp because I condition wash every other day and the teeth are a bit dangerous for my precious locks.

Yet, I will say that I really like it and does what it is suppose to. My bun looks so huge.

The only difference from the video was that I locked the clips underneath. The directions indicate this.

I got mine from Rite Aid for 3.99, just in case anyone wanted to know.

Scrunchi sells hair products in Claires too. I bought one to make a bun a while back and it doesn't have teeth and its black.

I have one of these. I don't use it much because of how it connects. lol I didn't realize that you were supposed to see the clips on the end LMAO I was putting it on the bottom. :lol:

Last edited:
Kandegirl:

I have tried looking for the magic bun hair acessory without the teeth.. Yet, it appears that this magic bun hair accessory comes in different sizes. The one that has teeth is a large. In addition, if you bought it way back it may be difficult to find now.

It is hard to find these but luckily for me it was easy. I am not going to use this everyday but it is definitely a new hair toy for me.;)

MzRhonda said:
Where did you find it??? I searched and searched this morning, Kmart, Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Eckerd :lol: and I could not find one. :cry:

Dang! All those places have them here (well except Kmart--we don't have one anymore). I've also seen them in the grocery store and CVS.

I couldn't find my old one, but I'm pretty sure it didn't have any teeth. Anyway, I purchased a new one (Rite-Aid) w/ teeth. And it holds pretty well & it's simple to use. I'm thinking now that maybe the fact that my old didn't have teeth is why I couldn't get it to work properly before.

I tried this product about a year ago and decided to throw it away, I Got way too many snags and rips with it...cute style but easier and less damaging making a bun another way IMO.

Babygurl said:
I tried this product about a year ago and decided to throw it away, I Got way too many snags and rips with it...cute style but easier and less damaging making a bun another way IMO.

Wow, I have never had one snag, Were you loosely or tightly wrapping your hair.

I purchased one of these a few yeas ago. I couldn't figure it out after I misplaced the instructions. Maybe I'll try again. But unless my hair is straightened or wet, I don't think it will work anymore.

I'll give it a try after a visit to my hair accessory museum.

I have a different one, same idea, differnt material. It's more of a flexible rubber, not that hard bendable plastic, and has no teeth. It's ends fit together so you can move the hair completely around it.

I didn't get snags but I didn't like the way my hair would look (the bends in it) after I took it down. My buns sure did look fat and perfect though!

winterinatl said:
I have a different one, same idea, differnt material. It's more of a flexible rubber, not that hard bendable plastic, and has no teeth. It's ends fit together so you can move the hair completely around it.

I didn't get snags but I didn't like the way my hair would look (the bends in it) after I took it down. My buns sure did look fat and perfect though!

What is the name of it? It sounds intriguing. BTW, hi, how are you?

Back