Scenting Coconut Oil....

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Would scenting coconut oil with a perfume oil ruin properties of the oil? I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere. I'm wondering if it would interrupt the oil from penetrating the hair shaft?

I really want to scent mine because I want to use CO more because of it's wonderful benefits to the hair but I find that it stinks. I've actually been told that my hair smelled like baby puke....:blush::lachen:.

I have read that a vanilla bean gives CO a wonderful scent....anyone tried this? I'm wondering if this works before I go and buy a $10 bean pod...geez:nono:

You can fragrance coconut oil with anything you want. Monoi (tahitian coconut oil) is fragranced with all kinds of local flowers and plants including vanilla.

^^Thanks, I'm just worried if it would ruin the penetration of the oil though because that's the main reason I want to use it.

I've already tried Monoi oil (did a thread) and it's pewww!:lachen:

Would scenting coconut oil with a perfume oil ruin properties of the oil? I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere. I'm wondering if it would interrupt the oil from penetrating the hair shaft?

I really want to scent mine because I want to use CO more because of it's wonderful benefits to the hair but I find that it stinks. I've actually been told that my hair smelled like baby puke....:blush::lachen:.

I have read that a vanilla bean gives CO a wonderful scent....anyone tried this? I'm wondering if this works before I go and buy a $10 bean pod...geez:nono:

If you can put with the slow shipping, Hairveda's Vatika Frosting may be your answer. Actually, it may answer your question in more ways than one. Here is the ingredients list: Pure Unrefined Coconut oil, Amla extract, Henna extract, Argentinian Lemon extract, Fragrance. It makes my hair really soft, but I have only used it as a pre-shampoo treatment.

If you can put with the slow shipping, Hairveda's Vatika Frosting may be your answer. Actually, it may answer your question in more ways than one. Here is the ingredients list: Pure Unrefined Coconut oil, Amla extract, Henna extract, Argentinian Lemon extract, Fragrance. It makes my hair really soft, but I have only used it as a pre-shampoo treatment.
I actually have that and I love it, smells great but I've always wondering if it was doing the same as regular CO because of the other added ingredients.

If you have a Michaels or arts & crafts store, they should have frangrance oils for lotions/soaps. I've bought a couple from Michaels.

Back