What's So Special About Coconut Oil?

Love coconut oil.. It's my favorite to seal with nightly after I moisturize.. Leaves hair so soft and holds moisture well and it not a heavy oil..I also love it to pre poo with , I heat it up so it's kind of like a hot oil treatmemt.. I get mine from vitamin shoppe

It's great for everything. My mom makes chocolate candies out of it, uses it for pretty much everything. I'll be using it for lactation because it adds good fat to te milk and heals sore nipples. It also helps with diaper rash. And it also cures yeast infections.

Coconuts = <3

I guess I am in the minority, but coconut oil didn't do anything for my hair :nono: It left my hair dry and crunchy :cry2: I wanted to love it, I really did :ohwell:

I'll use it as a hot oil treatment or mix it with my deep conditioners but I don't like it as a sealant. Uh uh. Makes my hair hard. I like it on my skin. And I like the smell.

I only use it for my pre-poos: aloe vera juice & castor/jojoba oil, and coconut oil slathered on top. Its so moisturizing this way-- on wet hair. Someone made a post about studies showing that coconut oil penetrates & conditions hair the best if applied while wet.

I only use it for my pre-poos: aloe vera juice & castor/jojoba oil, and coconut oil slathered on top. Its so moisturizing this way-- on wet hair. Someone made a post about studies showing that coconut oil penetrates & conditions hair the best if applied while wet.

This is true. I use it as a prepoo sometimes only on wet hair though. My hair feels so soft when rinsing it out. I love it even more because of the smell. I can't stand using EVOO because it smells too much like the kitchen in my opinion.

Coconut oil has been wonderful to me! I use it to cook, for my hair, and as a facial moisturizer. So far so good for all 3.

LOVE LOVE LOVE coconut oil. Can't use it during the winter though but I will be back to it in a few months!! I always apply it to damp or wet hair as a sealant. I can't rub it on my scalp because it causes it to itch.

HOTs with coconut oil on dry hair always yield super soft hair for me, whether I shampoo or just cowash. I also love it in the winter because I like the idea of it forming a protective coating on my hair when I am outside.

coconut oil is my favorite oil - it is one of the only oils to actually penetrate the hair shaft to condition from the inside out.

When I first tried coconut oil it left my hair hard and crunchy, but after I started using it on damp or wet hair I loved it. I also found that at first I was using way too much, for me, a tiny drop goes a long way. I get my coconut oil at a grocery store in my neighborhood.

I love coconut oil. LOVE IT. I use it everyday on my hair. I moisturize with African Royale Braid Spray and seal with coconut oil. Super, super soft hair.

Its scientifically proven to be one of the few oils that can penetrate the hair shaft.

Every black girl needs coconut oil in her life, if only for this.

I dont think you need much of a reason after that. :look: Any other oil would be moot.

I love it for deep conditioning and for moisturizing in the summer. I also mix it with other oils for my scalp. A little really does go a long way and I do love the smell!

When i first tried coconut oil it was ok. But then i tried it as an ingredient for chicoros prepoo mix and i luved it. I use the prepoo mix year round. But i only use coconut oil to seal in the warmer months. I did notice in the winter the oil freezes and caused my hair to be hard if too much was used.

I have really been loving coconut in. I have been mixing it in my conditioners and using it as a daily oil. My hair loves it. I have never been able to get to 8 weeks post relaxer and still not see any reason not to relax my hair anytime soon.

daviine said:
I guess I'm in the minority here because I can't get past the smell.

Your not the only one. Ive done threads on my frustration with the smell. It smells spoiled and pukish in my hair but I really want to keep using it because if the benefits. Now I just pre-poo with it and I see much less breakage. I use fractionated for everyday use because it's odorless.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

When used properly(meaning i moisturize prior to use) it makes my hair super soft and if not used correctly i can get the cruncheis

I used coconut oil for the first time tonight and my 12 weeks post hair is in LUV!!

Can't believe I waited so long to try this.

Back