Satin vs Silk Pillowcase

My hair feels better (less dry) on silk pillowcases versus satin (and in silk bonnets versus satin). Satin is still better than cotton though.

I think it depends on your preference. Some people prefer satin over silk or silk over satin. I think it is more so what your hair & skin likes. I personally prefer silk.

The heavy, pure silk (like the kind they use for wedding dresses) has worked great for me, four years going.

Silk hands down. I was wearing a satin scarf and changed to a silk scarf this week, because I have started changing my scarves when I wash my hair.

The change is dramatic. My hair is SUPER smooth and very soft, It feels so different than when I wear a satin scarf/cap. I did not have to moisturize yesterday (I washed on Sunday). I will never go back to satin.

I also have on a doo-rag cap that is very molds to the head better than the traditional ones it is very stretchy. I wear it over the silk scarf to help preven the scarf from sliding off. I keep taking it off to feel my hair because it feels SOOOOO GOOD!

:yep:SILK FOR LIFE:yep:

Back