Sally's (Silk Elements) version of Mixed Chicks

PinkAngel

For you mixed chicks lovers.

I couldn't find a pic to attach but the it consists of a shampoo, deep Conditioner and a leave-in. At least that what I've seen so far.

I'm more interested in the leave-in and deep conditioner which will be on sale Feb 1 for $5.99. I've never tried the original because of the price and I've only seen it at my Asian BSS which doesn't have a return policy. So, I'm looking forward to it.

If anyone tries it please post reviews.

Interesting...Mixed Chicks leave-in is one of my staples so I'm interested in seeing some reviews!

I really liked my mixed chicks samples that I have tried, but I never got around to buying a full bottle...I am glad that they have come out with a cheaper alternative...GO SALLY'S

I wanna hear more....i'll definitely try it. I NEED a cheap version of mixed chicks in my life

The product line is called Mixed Silk. The consistency is the same as mixed chicks and its about $7.99.

Tried it on a piece of my hair it seems to have a soft hold, but it's not really moisturizing. I passed on it for the time being. I need moisture from my leave-in. It also has cones in it.

ETA: Even though the product wasn't moisturizing to me. I think it is more moisturizing than Mixed Chicks.

Last edited:
^ good to hear! I use a moisturizer before using my mixed chicks leave-in so this may be a winner for me!

THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR POSTING!!!

The product line is called Mixed Silk. The consistency is the same as mixed chicks and its about $7.99.

Tried it on a piece of my hair it seems to have a soft hold, but it's not really moisturizing. I passed on it for the time being. I need moisture from my leave-in. It also has cones in it.

ETA: Even though the product wasn't moisturizing to me. I think it is more moisturizing than Mixed Chicks.

Thanks, couldn't remember for sure. I knew it was Silk something.

OMGosh!!!!subscribing...

Mixed Chicks leave-in is such a staple, that I'll buy it with my last dollar, like I just did yesterday... Don't get me wrong, I cuss and scream about it, but then I put the $50 bottle my basket anyway and march myself to that register! :lachen:

Absolutely NOTHING has worked as well on my hair for the intended purpose (curl def, soft hold, moisturizing, etc.) It has glycerin as a top ingredient, wondering if the Mixed Silk does too. I would love to pay a fraction of the cost, if that product works nearly as well. Thanks OP!!!!:blowkiss:

I saw it today while shopping at Sally's. I took a picture of the products, let me get it downloaded and I'll post it.

Last edited:
Ya'll are killing my pockets over here! Let me add this joint to my Sally's List:

Tangle Tease
Mixed Silk

:ohwell:

*^#^$*^&%^*(%^s*&^#*&%^*s%^s*&!!!!!!!!!!!!

*makes mental note to buy this plus more roux porosity stuff next week*

Hmmm I might have to try this if can't find the salon here in Philly that carries Qhemet's. :ohwell:

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

I saw it today while shopping at Sally's. I took a picture of the products, let me get it downloaded and I'll post it.

So Coffee, do you remember the "ballpark" prices for these items?

Does anyone with relaxed hair use Mixed Chicks? If so, how was it?

I also wanted to know if any relaxed ladies use it! I do know someone in my BBM group who is texlax and uses the leave in! She really like it! I am looking at trying the deep condition and the leave in! i want to know if they have any protein in them! I am looking for moisture products with no protein!
So Coffee, do you remember the "ballpark" prices for these items?

Does anyone with relaxed hair use Mixed Chicks? If so, how was it?

Here's my review- I purchased the Mix Silk Leave in. Here's their description of the product: Leave-in conditioning creme is non-greasy and never builds up. Defines, tames and hydrates natural curls and waves. Use it as a daily detangling, shine enhancing and nourishing treatment. Manageability and style is restored.

My take on the product: ok so, I used it after I lightened and henna'd my roots. I sample it on a small portion of my hair prior to doing this and I instantly fell in love lol!! My curls had lost their spunk in the last few weeks. After applying this product my curls sprung back to life!! I mean silky coils everywhere and it instantly detangled with a little shine. So after my henna touch up and conditioning my hair, I applied the product all over with the same results. Nice defined, silky curls.

My complaints are that while it gives me nice defined silky curls, it also is a little sticky. And it dryed somewhat crunchy but not too crunchy. This my have been me being heavy handed with the product also. I ended up scrunching in some sunflower oil to remove the crunchiness. Which helped but then it seemed to mess up my curls and I had to spritz with water and use my denman to re-define my curls again.

Overall, I like the leave in. It doesn't feel like you will get build up from this product but I'm not 100 % sure about that. And the scent is okay, it doesn't linger or anything. By the way, my hair is all natural 3b/3c. And this product cost $7.99. There is a shampoo and deep conditioner which both cost $7.99 also. I hoped this review is useful for you!!!

*I forgot to add that it is moisturizing also( at least on my hair).*

Last edited:
I really want to try these. I really want them to work for me too.

Silk Elements Mixed Silk Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
By: Silk Elements

* Online Price: $7.99

* Formulated for natural curls
* Adds shine and strength
* Gently removed product build-up

Natural curls for natural girls! Silk Elements® Mixed Silk™ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo is specially formulated to leave curls bouncy, vibrant, and healthy-looking! Formulated with Panthenol, Avacado Oil and Silk Protein for super shine and strength. Provides luxurious lather to thoroughly but gently cleanse hair of product build-up.

WATER ,AMMONIUM LAURETH SULFATE ,TEA-LAURYL SULFATE ,COCAMIDE MEA ,GLYCOL DISTEARATE ,PANTHENOL ,PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL ,SILK AMINO ACIDS ,HYDROLYZED SILK ,ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRAC ,MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) FLOWER/LEAF/ST ,BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL ,POLYQUATERNIUM-70 ,DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL ,POLYQUATERNIUM-10 ,ALLANTOIN ,CITRIC ACID ,TETRASODIUM EDTA ,SODIUM CHLORIDE ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,YELLOW 5 ,YELLOW 6 ,FRAGRANCE ,ALPHA ISOMETHYL IONONE ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,HEXYL CINNAMAL ,LINALOOL

Silk Elements Mixed Silk Nourishing Deep Conditioner
By: Silk Elements

* Online Price: $7.99

* hydrates & detangles
* Leaves curls bouncy
* Intensive moisture

Silk Elements Mixed Silk Nourishing Deep Conditioner is specially formulated to leave curls bouncy, vibrant, and healthy-looking! An indulgent, intensive moisture treatment that restores hair while it hydrates and detangles. Curls are left smooth, silky, and shiny.

"NATURAL CURLS FOR NATURAL GIRLS"
WATER ,CETYL ALCOHOL ,BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,GLYCOL STEARATE ,AMODIMETHICONE ,GLYCOL DISTEARATE ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,PEG-75 LANOLIN ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,ROSA CANINA SEED ,SODIUM PCA ,CITRIC ACID ,BENZOPHENONE-4 ,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,TRIDECETH-12 ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE ,FRAGRANCE ,ALPHA ISOMETHYL IONONE ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,HEXYL CINNAMAL ,LINALOOL

I can't wait to hear some reviews on the Shampoo and Deep Conditioner. I was scared to try the shampoo because of the Ammonium sulfate.

my hair usually feels stripped with sulfates but idk if ALS is worse that SLS or not. I do want to try the whole line...I wonder if I can pick up some samples or something. I love that the leave in is the same size as the shampoo, just wish the DC was in a similar pump style bottle just as large.

Someone asked about prices......

One or more of the products will be on sale beginning Feb 1 for $5.99. I'm not sure if it'll be all of them or just the deep conditioner, so don't quote me.

Back