Salerm 21....

aliceo

Just wondering... which do you all use? Salerm 21 B5 silk protein leave-in? or Just plain silk protein? Is there a difference? And does anyone know where I can get it that ships to Canada?

-alice

ETA: does 10.95 for 200ml sound about right?

actually i think i have the B5 silk protein. is it the same as the other one?.... girrrll i would not know. i had to pull and arm and leg for the spanish girl who worked in the BSS store to read to me the lables. there were 9 different salerm's on the shelf and all in spanish.:ohwell: so i'm just happy i got what i got. but i would still like to know that answer myself

yhst-2926993581959_1979_10076128

That one. I get mine from here http://store.sickbay.biz/salerm21674oz.html

I have the regular Salerm21 Silk Protein in the BOTTLE, not TUBE. What is the major difference? Is it thicker, whats the B5 for? Cause i couldnt decide on which one either.

How do yall use yours? I use it mixed w/ water to do my roller sets and after every wash i apply it all over my hair and new growth. It smells sooo good.

I have the regular Salerm21 Silk Protein in the BOTTLE, not TUBE. What is the major difference? Is it thicker, whats the B5 for? Cause i couldnt decide on which one either.

How do yall use yours? I use it mixed w/ water to do my roller sets and after every wash i apply it all over my hair and new growth. It smells sooo good.

I got the bottle once and I can't remember the difference in ingredients, but it didn't work the same as the tube. I think the silk molecules are smaller so they penetrate the hair easier with B5?? I use mine on damp hair everytime I oil rinse or cowash. I don't dilute it (which is probably while I just ordered 3 more). :ohwell:

Last edited:
The tube and the bottle have different ingredients. the B5 in the tube has phospholipids and is supposed to be 10x more effective. I was waiting for someone to chime in (thanks Sareca), because I couldn't decide and opted for the one that is "better". I love lacio lacio, but am excited about using this thicker one that is not runny. I think it will work better for me since I spritz my hair with water to get it soaking as I set.
Can't wait until this week's wash.

HoneyFig has the regular salerm 21 silk protain leave in. I ordered from them and I got my order the next day. Canadian shipments are from Toronto.

Salerm 21
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cyclopentsilxane, Serica (Silk), Panthenol, Fragrance, Amodimethicone, Sodium Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Trideceth-12, Disodium Edta and FD&C Yellow No. 5[/FONT]

Salerm 21 B5 tube (the site has right click disabled)

http://www.bluebeez.com/goods_detail.php?gid=45&cid=34

HTH!

I would like to know the difference as well. The salon that I go to, loves Salerm. When I went for a touch up this wknd, two of the hairdressers were suggesting that I purchase the line and then bring it to the salon with me. One was saying that some of the patrons use all their products from different lines and that's not really good. You should use 1 line for a bit and stick to it. They said that all the products in the Salerm line are really good, from the shampoo, to the wheat germ mask, to the regular conditioner to the leave in. She also said that SWGM is a very good moisturizing deep conditioner and it can be used wkly, but Emergencee and Penetraitt should be used 2x a month max to balance out moisture/protein.
I know we all pretty much know this info but I thought it is was good to hear it from a hairdresser. I liked how she spoke to her patrons and told them what treatments were good and how often to use them. No wonder they get a lot of business and the same consistent patrons.

Since being on the board, I have tried the SWGM mask 3x and each 3x, I didn't like it. This wknd I got a relaxer, and when it was shampooed out thoroughly, my hair felt like rough straw and my face was like this :ohwell: :sad:, the wash lady told me to not worry and use the WGM mask, so I skeptically tried it again, for the 4th time! Anyway, much to my surprise my hair felt soft and moisturized after I came from under the dryer and had it washed out. So after the urging of 3 people in the salon :poke:, I must go and buy the Salerm set this Friday.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll try the one in the tube - I like thick leave-ins. I'll have a look at the links to see if someone will ship some up here for me.

Thanks!

Back