Safe to Wash With? (Natural Hair)

PaperClip

This morning I experimented with washing(?) my hair with a bar soap w/these ingredients: Coconut Oil, Soap of Coconut, Vegetable Glycerin and Water

Just wanted to know if there is anything I should be concerned about...and what is this actually doing: cleansing, conditioning, coating?

My curls/coils have a soft, defined pop to them...w/little shrinkage.... after washing, I followed up w/Beauty Without Cruelty leave-in conditioner and some Fantasia IC Blue jel and a little bit of Devacurl Angell....

I'll do better with getting some photos up soon....

is this a shampoo bar? If its not then you should not use it. I know companies like Oyin sell shampoo bars which aparently are better because they don't have that laurel something-something ingriedient that can dry out the hair. if it is one of thise types then I am sure its okay. If not I wouldn't recommend using it again.

I've used a bar soap with similar ingredients with no problems in the past. My only concern is soap scum buildup over time. I usually do an ACV rinse with every wash so I haven't seen any build up. I use the same soap on my son's skin and hair and I haven't seen any build up on him either.

Back