Oh my oh my...I just washed my hair with this Indian Aritha Shampoo Bar!

Using the shikakai bar turned out badly for me, My hair felt dry/matted , I also couldn't seem to get a good lather going. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do next time. :help3:

Using the shikakai bar turned out badly for me, My hair felt dry/matted , I also couldn't seem to get a good lather going. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do next time. :help3:

I barely did anything to get a lather.... I wet the bar, rub it between my hands & it lathered OK.. you wont get bubbles liek shampoo but it does lather.... I only use it on my face though

Bumping... Anyone try these soaps on natural hair, I'd say according to C&G I have type 3a&b medium but I'd like to know how it works on all natuals.

i found this bar underneath my sink i had forgotten that i bought it. ill have to try it in a couple of days when i need a wash.

i have to go back to my local indian store and get some more vatika shampoo my hair loves loves loves it

i also bought this dabur special oil its really light and i use it to seal its amazing i have to go get some more of that too before i run out

so i tried my bar and my hair HATED IT!!! i felt like i was using that cheap hotel bar soap. i used the nirmabal brand i think it is but i was so sad i really wanted to like it but my hair was not having it. thankfully i still have my vatika shampoo that stuff is the truff :)

so i tried my bar and my hair HATED IT!!! i felt like i was using that cheap hotel bar soap. i used the nirmabal brand i think it is but i was so sad i really wanted to like it but my hair was not having it. thankfully i still have my vatika shampoo that stuff is the truff :)

Did you pre poo with coconut oil on your hair first before using the bar? That usually helps my hair when washing with the bar. I haven't heard of the nirmabal brand, but me and many other ladies on this board use the Godrej shikakai soap bar. This paticular soap bar is a combo of shikakai, aritha, and amla, and it works well on my hair. Give it another try with this brand, you might have a change of heart:yep:

Try prepooing with coconut oil overnight first, and then try washing with the shikakai bar.

Does anyone know where I can buy the powders and soaps in the Washington, DC/Silver Spring area???

I know this thread is old as dirt but I found Shivam brand swastick Shikakai bar soap in Temple Hills/Langley Park. The Indian grocer I found is on New Hampshire Avenue. It's in a shopping center and has a temporary sign. You go down a long hallway to the store. It's next to the shop with the saris.

Subzi Mandi
8044 New Hampshire Ave.
Langley Park, MD 20783
(301)434-7164

Then I go to Jasmine Bazaar to get the cheap Jamila henna (in cellophane) that I like. They sell henna at Mandi too, I just don't care for it much. It's really popular on this board though. :) I hate the smell. It starts with a K. It's in the red bag, I hate it.

Back