Oh my oh my...I just washed my hair with this Indian Aritha Shampoo Bar!

Thanks for the info!! The Butala people have been out of the Shikakai Shampoo Bar for a while and the guy keeps telling me 2 weeks :rolleyes:.

There's another spot just down that block (closer to lex than Butala and on the same side) near the taco place that has the bar! I'm going to go back today and pick one up since I didn't find it anywhere else in the area.

Has anyone tried Dabur Vatika shampoo? I just picked up a bottle at the Indian store on my quest for soap...

I did also buy some Shikakai, amla, and aritha powders.

I.use.this.one..It.leaves.my.hair.so.soft.and.very.moisturized.afterwards.although
I.still.condition.afterwards.just.in.case.though..It.works.well.for.me.

I'm going to check my local indian store for these bars :yep: I have been trying to find something to replace my shampoos

How often are you all using the bar?

I mean for example, how does shampooing with this bar fit in with my regime if I co-wash? Especially if I'm trying to do daily co-washes.

And could somebody also post some links where I can by this bar. I don't think Amazon.com has it :nono:

I'm glad this thread came back to life. I am absolutely loving both the Shikakai and Aritha bars...I alternate them. My hair is so resilient its not even funny. I look at regular shampoo at the store now like :rolleyes:. I'll never use regular shampoo again!

Happy shower orgasms!:drunk:

How often are you all using the bar?

I mean for example, how does shampooing with this bar fit in with my regime if I co-wash? Especially if I'm trying to do daily co-washes.

And could somebody also post some links where I can by this bar. I don't think Amazon.com has it :nono:

See my above post, #91, for the amazon link

HaHa you're too funny! :lachen: I love the shikakai bar and I just tried the powders...heavenly. I'm done with commercial shampoo!

Can sombody please answer my original question. I'm confused now!

Can sombody please answer my original question. I'm confused now!

I cowash daily and I just still use the bar like once a week or less when I feel like I need some extra cleansing and strength going on. The Shikakai bar almost acts like a protein on my hair so I cleanse/treat with it then move on to DC, then cowash daily after that. HTH

I co-wash daily, too and use the shikakai bar on Saturday when I actually wash my hair. I did not use mine for a couple weeks and used it again this past Saturday and there is actually a real appreciable difference in the strength and softness of my hair when I use the shikakai bar.

Got it ladies!

Now you ladies that you the bar, do you follow up with a deep conditioner or protein treatment or neither.

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh ladies...

I just visited Taj Mahal imports over there off Briarcliff here in ATL. After my hairorgasmic experience last night...well...I needed more. Here's what I bought...

6 bars of Swastik Shikakai Shampoo
1 gigantic bottle of Shikakai oil
1 small bottle of Amla oil
3 boxes of Amla powder
1 bottle of Mahabhringraj oil
1 bottle of Navratna oil
2 boxes of Shikakai powder

I really don't know what to do with the Mahabhringraj oil and the Navratna oil but I don't care...I just went CRAZY!

I was especially excited about my shikakai bars:grin:

It's ON y'all!

Thanks for pointing out this store. I usually go to Patel Bros or Cherian's near Church Street & Dekalb Industrial but I get the stare down at patel Bros and would like to try someplace new. :yep:

So I'm definitely going to the Indian grocery store today. I got one ques for you guys: Are the shampoo bars or the powders better for washing your hair? Or do you guys think I should alternate? I want to stop using commercial shampoos

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh ladies...

I just visited Taj Mahal imports over there off Briarcliff here in ATL. After my hairorgasmic experience last night...well...I needed more. Here's what I bought...

6 bars of Swastik Shikakai Shampoo
1 gigantic bottle of Shikakai oil
1 small bottle of Amla oil
3 boxes of Amla powder
1 bottle of Mahabhringraj oil
1 bottle of Navratna oil
2 boxes of Shikakai powder

I really don't know what to do with the Mahabhringraj oil and the Navratna oil but I don't care...I just went CRAZY!

I was especially excited about my shikakai bars:grin:

It's ON y'all!

Have you tried the Navratna Oil yet? I bought some at one of the Indian grocery stores near me, but haven't tried it yet....

So I'm definitely going to the Indian grocery store today. I got one ques for you guys: Are the shampoo bars or the powders better for washing your hair? Or do you guys think I should alternate? I want to stop using commercial shampoos

I can't get the hang of using the powders for cleansing so the bars work great for me:yep:.

Have you tried the Navratna Oil yet? I bought some at one of the Indian grocery stores near me, but haven't tried it yet....

I've tried this twice as a prepoo, I left it on once overnight and earlier this week I just left it on about 5-6 hours. It really tingles, feels really nice and has amla oil and other ingredients, I read somewhere it has menthol and that is what cause the tingling but I can't identify the menthol on the ingredient list. I like it because it has amla, bhringaraj and other things already mixed in.

I just came back from the Indian store with a bar of shikakai soap and a jar of ghee. The shikakai bar was only 99 cents, so if I hate it I won't feel put out financially.

Okay, I just got back from my local Indo-Pak store. They had one Aritha bar left, and it looked used.

Maybe someone else used it got their hair swerve on and returned it for the next person. :lachen:

Well, since I didn't know if there was protection used, I left it at the store. I did buy a shikakai bar and some Henna.

All for less than 7 dollars. Got to love this stuff.

I'm not going to wash my hair yet. I want to get as close to 2 weeks from this press as I can. But when I do, whachoutdernow!!!!!!!!!!

Back