Oh my oh my...I just washed my hair with this Indian Aritha Shampoo Bar!

There's an Indian store right next to my job and I just went and bought the Shikakai Soap bar for......$1.00. The man even gave me a 2008 calendar as a gift since I always go in there. They have EVERYTHING for dirt cheap. I'm going to try this sometime next week since I'm getting a touch-up this weekend and I hope I get that "orgasmic" feeling too :lachen:

Where in NYC cutipie?

The name of the store is Butala Emporium and they're located on 28th Street Between Park Ave. and Lexington Ave. They are closer to Park Ave. I just Google'd the name and it seems like there are other locations too (i.e., Jackson Heights, Queens).

NYcutiepie and others, not sure if you know this but right next door (or one store down) to Butala there is another Indian grocery store. Also if you go around the corner on Lexinton ave between 28th and 29th there are like 2 or 3 more Indian grocery stores. HTH

NYcutiepie and others, not sure if you know this but right next door (or one store down) to Butala there is another Indian grocery store. Also if you go around the corner on Lexinton ave between 28th and 29th there are like 2 or 3 more Indian grocery stores. HTH

Yes thanks for the info. The whole area on Lex from about 27th to 29th is Little India.....

Im in this area as well and thats where i get my indian products from there called Kalustyan Brothers & the other is The Spice corner both are located on Lexington and 28th a few stores apart. If you guys go to this link it gives you a list of indian stores in the area. HTH http://www.thokalath.com/new-york/grocery_stores.php

Well there ya go......looks like fashion ain't the only thing that we got going on in the big apple.

Does anyone know where I can find this stuff in MD/DC/VA? I called a herbs store last night and the woman said she had it, and when I got there she handed me a mushroom!:ohwell:

I live in the DC area and I found a long list of indian grocers at this link:

http://localdc.com/ethnicmarkets.htm

I also found the following website where you can order these products and according to the website the shipping is free when you spend over $50.00.

http://www.indiablend.com/site/664954/page/258168

I'm going to an indian grocery store today to look for products. For some reason, I'm kind of hesistant...I don't want them to give me that "What is she doing in here" look.

I hope I find these shampoo bars though :spinning:

I felt the same way but they were really helpful and giving me suggestions and everything when I went

I bought two shikakai bars today :grin:. I can't wait, I want an orgasmic experience too :look:. I'll report back in a bit...I may have to try this out tonight.

:up: on the shikakai bar!!! I used it last night and my hair feels sooo good today. Not sure if the softness is from the bar or the coconut/red palm oil rinse I did after but its really really soft.

My hair felt like I just rinsed henna out after washing with the bar. A little hard but not dry. I did an oil rinse, then I cowashed with Suave coconut while I finished my shower. Detangling was a breeze, and it airdried soft and nice. My bar was $1.79 and it should last a looong time.

The bar that I picked up has a mixture of shikaki, aloe vera and amla, oh another ingredient. It starts with a "B". can't remember right now.

it really worked well. I lathered up and threw a little bit of oil on top, suave conditioner afterward.

my hair still feels great now.

don't think i'll voluntarily use shampoo again.

Has anyone tried the Aritha bar? I'll be using my Shikakai bar Monday.

I used Jamila henna last night and like whoa! I mixed avocado oil, amla powder and coconut oil in it...my hair turned out so soft I couldn't believe it...

I think that I am pretty much through with a lot of this other stuff I've spent hundreds of dollars on...it just pales in comparision to what I've experienced here lately with this Ayurveda stuff...it's like professional grade!

Has anyone tried the Aritha bar?

I ordered this one
6yxv995.jpg

I'll be using it as soon as it arrives and giving updates. Can't wait It has coconut oil in it. Only £1 too.

Gee EastWestBazaar really shot up on shipping!! I remeber when you could buy all the stuff you want for $10.00 flat rate!! WOW, I will have to try this soap out from the website that was provided. Shoot I think I will buy from this site this weekend. I'm all out of Vatika Oil and Amla oil.

...and I thought I was going to have an o@gasm in the shower!

I had been kinda keeping my hair oiled up switching back and forth between Amla and Vatika and my scalp was beginning to itch so I grabbed this little two dollar soap and suds it in my hands then applied it to my hair and I couldn't believe how silky it felt. It was like I wasn't washing my hair at all but giving it some type of treatment. I got real verbal in the shower. I was breathing all hard like I was about to hyperventilate and kept repeating "OH MY GOD!" Then I said OUTLOUD "The girls were right about these Indian shampoo bars!" :blush:

So I lathered up like three times because I just couldn't get enough of it! I swear I still can't believe it! After I finally rinsed I followed with some Miss Keys and left that in for a few minutes while I finished my shower and rinsed. Then I rollerset and I just...I just...am in SHOCK!

If the Shikakai bar is anything like this (the lady at the shop did say that the bar I bought had some Shikakai in it but it's not listed on the box) I am ordering a bunch of them STAT!:user:

I don't think I'll ever use regular poo again!

Thats so ironic because last night I picked up a Shikakai soap bar and washed my hair with it too. It was beyond amazing. I had to stop myself cuz I kept washing and washing. It made my hair beyond soft like I just had some kind of deep moisturizing condish treatment. It leaves hair so soft and silky I couldn't even believe it. The bar was $1.29 and I don't think I'll buy poo again (just finish off what I have) and I'll just use my bar and a clarifying poo every once in a while.

Does the aritha or shikakai bar strengthen like Henna.

Is is just moisture and softness?

What are the benefits of this type of shampoo/bar?

<pouting> I want soft hair and shower orgasms, too.

I washed with it last night and I will never go back to regular shampoo. :grin: This stuff was amazing! My hair was so curly and easy to detangle after using it I was tempted not to use a conditioner...but I did, cause I love my moisture:lick:

okay, now I want it for sure now b/c you and I have somewhat of the same hair texture. btw, I love your wig....where did you get it?

tia,
tishee

I'm hooked on the shikakai shampoo bars as well. I don't know if I will ever go back regular shampoos. No shampoo has ever cleansed my scalp this well and not stripped it of its natural oils. :grin:

Does the aritha or shikakai bar strengthen like Henna.

Is is just moisture and softness?

What are the benefits of this type of shampoo/bar?

<pouting> I want soft hair and shower orgasms, too.

It does strengthen the hair and cleanses the scalp w/o stripping it of its natural oils. I always follow it up with a rinse conditioner to soften my hair back up b/c it leaves ur hair feeling strong. But it's a great product and way more natural (no SLS) than the shampoos we buy.

I went around 28th and lex today (hello PJ) and only found one place with a bar of shikakai ( i didn't get it since i have the shikakai powder) I didn't see any aritha hair soap bars. I brought some amla powder to go with the shikakai that's been sitting in my drawer for 6 months. >.>

and for the record, the powders are 3.99 at the Butala place and 3.49 at this place on lex itself between 28th and 29th (it was the big one with all these spices [not just indian ones]). The powders here were like on the back wall in this tiny area across from the incense. I'd already gotten my amla powder from the first place, though, and the Butala people were very friendly. =)

Last edited:
I went around 28th and lex today (hello PJ) and only found one place with a bar of shikakai ( i didn't get it since i have the shikakai powder) I didn't see any aritha hair soap bars. I brought some amla powder to go with the shikakai that's been sitting in my drawer for 6 months. >.>

and for the record, the powders are 3.99 at the Butala place and 3.49 at this place on lex itself between 28th and 29th (it was the big one with all these spices [not just indian ones]). The powders here were like on the back wall in this tiny area across from the incense. I'd already gotten my amla powder from the first place, though, and the Butala people were very friendly. =)

Thanks for the info!! The Butala people have been out of the Shikakai Shampoo Bar for a while and the guy keeps telling me 2 weeks :rolleyes:.

Back