Ruchita Ayurveda - Good priced Powders

2 weeks and 2 emails later, I still don't have my items nor any responses. I'm going to give it to the end of the month before I file a claim with Paypal, however, I doubt I will be doing business with this vendor again.

Neither will I:nono:. My order took 2 months to get to me. Low prices are great but when the customer service sucks, I can't spend any amount of money no matter how big the savings is. I hate putting myself through needless frustrations this way more than I love a bargain.

Last edited:
My first order was rather slow and I had to send emails but I eventually did get it like 3 wks later I think. I do believe I ordered a 2nd time and it came quicker. Based on my last experience I think I said I'd order again from Ruchita (but only if I can't find my Karishma henna elsewhere)...

Oh Lawd :mob::mob: ...unfortunately I didn't see this thread before placing an order. I too placed an order because this vendor was listed on the LHCF discount thread.

My order was placed on July 14,2009. I did received an auto response order confirmation immediately after placing the order....after that nothing...nada :nono:.

I sent an email for the status of my order on July 24th ...no response nothing...nada :nono:.

:fan: On August 5, 2009 I filed a dispute with Paypal :nono:. Today I received a shipment tracking and order status from Paypal indicating my order was shipped.

I will update when the order is actually received.
12-7-08aaa.jpg

Oh Lawd :mob::mob: ...unfortunately I didn't see this thread before placing an order. I too placed an order because this vendor was listed on the LHCF discount thread.

My order was placed on July 14,2009. I did received an auto response order confirmation immediately after placing the order....after that nothing...nada :nono:.

I sent an email for the status of my order on July 24th ...no response nothing...nada :nono:.

:fan: On August 5, 2009 I filed a dispute with Paypal :nono:. Today I received a shipment tracking and order status from Paypal indicating my order was shipped.

12-7-08aaa.jpg

I did the same thing, and that's when I got my shipping notice. She gave me a larger bottle of oil for my trouble.

12-7-08aaa.jpg

KLomax, many of the ladies are now purchasing their henna and other powders from here http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com/search.php?cid=0&keywords=henna. So far I have had an awesome experience with this vendor and so have BostonMaria, ltown, Cassandra, and a few others. She emailed me letting me know that she will ship out my order priority instead of regular shipping before going out of town for a few days, needless to say, I was very impressed with http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com/search.php?cid=0&keywords=henna.

Last edited:
Okay for the ladies that are interested, I am so excited that I have to post this in all the ayurveda threads I can think of. It's a response email I got from Ekua at http://ayurnaturalbeauty.ecrater.com...keywords=henna, is this service or what?

Here it is:

Hi Agatha,

I'm back in town and have been busy with fulfilling the orders that came in the past few days while I was away. I see your order delivered. I hope all was satisfactory!

Good news (and you should spread the word) ... I should have indigo, cassia, and pure henna (100% henna, no blends) by the end of this month. I received the samples and they are all very finely sifted -- very powdery. This first order is a smaller one as I want to be sure of how well it will be received. If response is favorable, then I will increase the supply.

As for the discount, I know I was going to offer free shipping over a certain amount ordered and I was thinking of 10% off across the hair boards. Still working it all out.

I appreciate you being willing to promote me across the boards. I need the support as there is no AyurNatural Beauty without the support of customers! Any and all feedback is welcome!

Please stay in touch and also, I'm working on my blog for store updates and announcements -- http://ayurnaturalbeauty.blogspot.com -- feel free to join!

And I was recently interviewed by Kinky Rhonnie on her blog. See here -- http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com/2009/07/ekuas-ayurnatural-beauty.html

Again, thank you for your support!

~ Ekua

This email was in response to an email I sent her earlier in the week. Everyone feel free to visit her blog spot. I am so excited about the indigo:grin:. That was costing me an arm and 2 legs in shipping charges coming from Canada and I just don't want to pay those anymore:nono:.

I ordered on July 15th and when I sent an e-mail 2 weeks later inquiring, I received a response that they advised their clients through their website that they were moving to another state. Sorry for the delay. I did not see this on their website....anyhoo...they refunded my shipping for my troubles and sent me a confirmation on Aug. 5th that my order was shipped. Still no Indigo...I am waiting.

I ordered on July 15th and when I sent an e-mail 2 weeks later inquiring, I received a response that they advised their clients through their website that they were moving to another state. Sorry for the delay. I did not see this on their website....anyhoo...they refunded my shipping for my troubles and sent me a confirmation on Aug. 5th that my order was shipped. Still no Indigo...I am waiting.

I ordered on July 12th, sent an email inquiring about my order on August 3rd, and haven't heard anything about my order being shipped. I heard about them moving to another site from the 6th month ayurveda challenge thread here, and that message wasn't up at the time I made my order. I saw it after reading about multiple inquiries to her, and individual responses that she was moving; later it was posted on the site. I am an extraordinarily patient woman, for better or for worse, but I will NOT be ordering from this site again :nono:. I am giving her the weekend, and will be filing a Paypal dispute on Monday. I haven't tried the ayurnatural site yet, but I think I will try to order from there from now on.

I saw no such notice on their website when I ordered.

Still no henna. She did respond and say that the website informed customers they were moving. However, I know for a fact this notice was not on the website when I was placing my order because I wanted to henna my hair for an event this coming weekend. So no way would I have ordered if I knew there would be a delay.

Anyway, she said she would refund the shipping. I received notice August 5th from Paypal that she created a shipping statement, but ummmm... she hasn't shipped my henna yet.

I ordered on July 12th, sent an email inquiring about my order on August 3rd, and haven't heard anything about my order being shipped. I heard about them moving to another site from the 6th month ayurveda challenge thread here, and that message wasn't up at the time I made my order. I saw it after reading about multiple inquiries to her, and individual responses that she was moving; later it was posted on the site. I am an extraordinarily patient woman, for better or for worse, but I will NOT be ordering from this site again :nono:. I am giving her the weekend, and will be filing a Paypal dispute on Monday. I haven't tried the ayurnatural site yet, but I think I will try to order from there from now on.

I saw no such notice on their website when I ordered.

Still no henna. She did respond and say that the website informed customers they were moving. However, I know for a fact this notice was not on the website when I was placing my order because I wanted to henna my hair for an event this coming weekend. So no way would I have ordered if I knew there would be a delay.

Anyway, she said she would refund the shipping. I received notice August 5th from Paypal that she created a shipping statement, but ummmm... she hasn't shipped my henna yet.

The notice was not there when several of us in the challenge ordered either, It was not put up until after ppl started complaining. Some of the ladies recieved shipping notices after posting their compaints, leading us to believe somone was lurking. After I didn't receive my notice in 10 days or so, I filed a dispute with paypal asking for my money back. THEN I got the email about them moving & it was posted on the site.

The notice was not there when several of us in the challenge ordered either, It was not put up until after ppl started complaining. Some of the ladies recieved shipping notices after posting their compaints, leading us to believe somone was lurking. After I didn't receive my notice in 10 days or so, I filed a dispute with paypal asking for my money back. THEN I got the email about them moving & it was posted on the site.

I totally believe this flowinlocks:yep:.

Thanks for the heads up on this site.I've been looking for the rose petal powder and a few other things on that site.Indigo powder is a definite one I'll be getting as well. Love the prices.

Thanks for the heads up on this site.I've been looking for the rose petal powder and a few other things on that site.Indigo powder is a definite one I'll be getting as well. Love the prices.

Did you read the thread, particularly the most recent posts?

Did you read the thread, particularly the most recent posts?

Thanks Charzboss, I was just about to come in and ask the same question. Candygirl, I really think you should read at least the last 3-5 pages of this thread for sure to make a well informed decision on where you would purchase your ayurveda products. You will not regret it.

I wasn't happy with the indigo I received from Ruchita. I didn't like the way it was packaged, so I was afraid to use it. :ohwell:

Always research things thoroughly. If you read the last couple pages, you will see it may not be a good idea to purchase from this vendor.

Always research things thoroughly. If you read the last couple pages, you will see it may not be a good idea to purchase from this vendor.

Totally agree. I filed my dispute with paypal yesterday, so now I'm waiting to hear back from Ruchita. Tomorrow will be 30 days since I placed my order, and I've heard NOTHING from them. I'm currently out almost $50, so I'm pretty steamed right now. Definitely will NOT use them again.

ETA: I just got a shipping confirmation from paypal for my order, so now we'll see when it actually arrives...

Last edited:
It's funny how you all are getting shipping notices AFTER filing disputes. I really wish my thread wouldn't have been deleted all those months ago because I still call bull ish... Oh well.

Totally agree. I filed my dispute with paypal yesterday, so now I'm waiting to hear back from Ruchita. Tomorrow will be 30 days since I placed my order, and I've heard NOTHING from them. I'm currently out almost $50, so I'm pretty steamed right now. Definitely will NOT use them again.

ETA: I just got a shipping confirmation from paypal for my order, so now we'll see when it actually arrives...

$50.:nono::nono: I know you are mad, but don't worry. Paypal will reimburse you.

It's sad because this is a great side hustle. But once a vendor tarnishes their name, they're hurting hurting them self bad. I order online ALL the time know this is ridiculous. And am insulted that she used moving as an excuse and said it was noted on the website when it obviously wasn't.

It is a shame that a few delayed orders could have such an impact on her business. I ordered from Ruchita several times and really had no issues, but all my order were prior to her move so I did not experience what some other ladies experienced. I guess if it was your first time order, you are going to go with your first impression and Ruchita has to suffer the consequences. :ohwell:

However, I have not crossed Ruchita off my list. I think she just had a bad phase during her move and this "side business" fell through the cracks. Additionally, she has several products that other online vendors do not have and I hate to split orders.

I did order from Ayurnatural as well during this fuzzy phase (plus Ruchita's discount was not working), and had no issues. Her inventory is not large enough,though,for her to be my only vendor so I doubt I will continue to use her until she expands her list of available products.

It is a shame that a few delayed orders could have such an impact on her business. I ordered from Ruchita several times and really had no issues, but all my order were prior to her move so I did not experience what some other ladies experienced. I guess if it was your first time order, you are going to go with your first impression and Ruchita has to suffer the consequences. :ohwell:

However, I have not crossed Ruchita off my list. I think she just had a bad phase during her move and this "side business" fell through the cracks. Additionally, she has several products that other online vendors do not have and I hate to split orders.

I did order from Ayurnatural as well during this fuzzy phase (plus Ruchita's discount was not working), and had no issues. Her inventory is not large enough,though,for her to be my only vendor so I doubt I will continue to use her until she expands her list of available products.

I feel where you're coming from, but the issue for me is the lack of communication, even when I emailed her, prior to filing a dispute. For instance, I know Hairveda is going to take 2 weeks to process, same with Oyin, so I'm not stressing when I've gone 2 weeks with no confirmation. I know when Qhemet has a sale that orders made after are going to be delayed, because there's a big notice on the front page. Here, there was no notice until multiple people started complaining, and even then, I feel like, I didn't complain then so she wasn't worried about sending my stuff out. And this was my first order, and I chose her site because I could get a lot of products I was looking for at one time. But I just can't support a vendor who neglects customers for that long with no reason. And I am 3 weeks away from not being able to dispute the transaction with paypal; had I been as patient as I normally am, I fear that I wouldn't have my products and wouldn't have the ability to dispute them. That would've have me raising all holy h*!$ in here :nono:.

Unfortunately it's been more than a few delayed orders, Coffee had a problem looooooog before any move was ever talked about. Yes this was my first time ordering, but I didn't make a decision solely based on that. I saw the mixed reviews & still gave the vendor the benefit of the doubt based on the good reviews. The response (or lack thereof ) to my not receiving my order was eerily familiar with someone I dealt with before.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add, I'm a fair person and I understand ppl make mistakes. Even though I had a bad first experience, I would still try a vendor again, if I saw continued & consistent improvement in service and good reviews.:yep:

Aspire;8512058[B said:
]It is a shame that a few delayed orders could have such an impact on her business.[/B] I ordered from Ruchita several times and really had no issues, but all my order were prior to her move so I did not experience what some other ladies experienced. I guess if it was your first time order, you are going to go with your first impression and Ruchita has to suffer the consequences. :ohwell:

I'm glad you received your products. However, more than a few people have not. And to make matters worse:
  • there was no communication
  • there was a cover up with this whole 'move posted on the website' untruth

So it's more than just not receiving the product. Things happen and I understand that. But don't lie to me after I've heard nothing from you regarding either product or money.

Last edited:
Back