Rosa Parks Was Tbl

But she had that "good" hurr!
:lol: Idk. I tend to believe that her texture is the result of 'soft' hair being heat damaged (press and curls for your whole life). I have elders in my family that fit her general profile and none of their (many, so a wide sample lol) kids ended up with 'good' hair. We do, however, have that soft, fine hair that relaxes and straightens )too) fast and easy.

Beautiful. I doubt that hair was a concern for the struggle we had to deal with back in the day so it was easy to just put it away yet still be elegant.
Somebody posted an article a while back on a black man who had comandeered a slave ship and freed everybody (iirc). In the contemporary news article, it was noted that all the fancy negros in NY had come out to fete him, especially the women who wore every bit of finery and frippery they owned.

Moral of the story: bp stay fly (according to the standards of the day). :lol:

Ok, since we're guessing reggies, it looks like it was up in the PS during the day and taken down at night for bed. Is that what it was?

That seems so opposite to what we do now, we tie it up at night and (pretty much) wear it out during the day. Can someone shed some light on this please? TIA

I'm all about KISSing and I believe these women were on to something.

Back