Relaxed ladies that grew their hair!

Great Thread, OP. Definitely inspirational. I'm a relaxed head as well. I started my hair journey a little past shoulder length. Then I grew my hair to the beginning of BSL around 8 months ago and cut it back up to APL so that I could have blunt ends. Now I'm almost back at BSL.

Picture Documentary :):

September 2007-One month after I began my hair journey (my starting length was about half an inch shorter than this)

Sept07-BeginningLength.jpg

January 2009- Reached BSL

January2009-BSL.jpg

January20092-BSL.jpg

April 2009- Got hair trimmed up to APL (Grandma evened it out)

April2009-CuttoAPL.jpg

December 2009- Almost back to BSL (hopefully I'll get there by March 2010 :))

007.jpg

P.S. Sorry for all the pics :blush: The only advice that I can give is find a routine and products that work for you and stick with it! Don't jump on too many bandwagons or manipulate your hair a lot or this can lead to setbacks (I've had my fair share :().

Last edited:
Relaxed head checking in. I had terrible hair before LHCF. I always had damaged ends. And since I hate that, I never went past neck length. I am currently at the longest I have ever been. I don't believe my hair has been this long since elementry (and that ain't saying much). I can't wait to get to APL and beyond. :love:

I'm super excited about growing my hair long..You gals have no idea!! No one really knows how much this would mean to me!!

I've never had long hair ever! dont think I ever went past full neck length..

My sister has all ways been the one with the long pretty hair.
I know that she would be shocked if she saw that my hair grew past hers..would be a sight to see...:yep:

Welcome!:wave:

Formerly relaxed, now texlaxed checking in. This board has been such a blessing! I have learned so much from all of the lovely ladies of LHCF and am sure you will too.

What has helped me is stretching, opting to texlax versus relax bone straight, moisturizing daily, and limiting heat. I ponytail rollerset and it has helped me retain and keeps my ends in better shape. HHG to you!

Hey there! :hiya:

Relaxed head checkin' in! The ladies have given you all the advice that I would. Check out my siggie. I've gotten more growth in 10 months on LHCF than I've gotten in the last 10 YEARS on my own. Proper and consistent haircare makes all the difference! :yep:

I started just below shoulder length with dry and damaged bone-straight hair. It took awhile, but I grew out all of the bone-straight without chopping, growing longer as I went, and now I am totally texlaxed and pushing on to BSL.

It just takes patience and protective styles to get past those awkward stages. It's all too easy to pull out the flat-iron, or succumb to a stylist trim that will set you back 6-8 months. For me that was the hardest part...being patient..

Deep condition honey.....just deep condition

I'm relaxed! Started natural, relaxed to above ear length. Now, I fully expect to be APL by March, maybe April. You CAN grow relaxed hair long. You just gotta have a lil trial and error. And some money. I was a sneaky lil pj when I first started my HHJ. It helped me to learn what does and does not work for both my hair and my lifestyle. I can't wait to see your long, swanging, WL hair soon!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back