Relaxed heads: product question

AlliCat

It seems like everyone is using products from natural hair lines (AfroVeda, Curl Junky, Kinky-Curly, Qhemet etc). I read so many raves and I'm not surprised since the ingredients are great...I'm especially interested in Kinky-Curly Knot Today

So is it a good idea for me (relaxed) to try these? Or would it be the ultimate fail :perplexed I'm usually a trial-and-error type of person but, uh, at $20/product trial and error is a little expensive. Any relaxed ladies try "natural" products?

KKK Today I use this in my leave-in mixture

1part KKK today
1part another conditioner
1part aloe vera juice
1 T hempseed oil
maybe a tad bit of distilled water to thin it out

Priceless

I'm relaxed and while I do not use those, most of my staples come from Shescentit. I've tried hairveda which I LOVED, but I stopped using because I loved SSI a tad bit more. But product lines are natural, SSI is more natural IMO though. HTH.

the most "natural" things i use are my oils/butters because they have many different functions as lotions and such...

I tried the Qhemet Burdock Root and I was lovin' that but then I found the Bee Mine Luscious Cream Moisturizer. My staple, I LOVE it and do not want to experiment further. I attribute the state of my hair (full, blunt APL) at least partially to my use of natural products because they create more manageable hair for me, especially since I only relax 4x annually.

Here is my staple product list for your reference:

-Shescentit Moisture Mist & Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
-Organic Jojoba Oil
-Quantum Clarifying Shampoo
-Hair One Olive Oil Cleanser
-Aphogee Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor
-Shescentit Banana Brulee Deep Conditioner & Shescentit Avocado Conditioner
-Shescentit Coco Crème Leave In & Shescentit Macadamia Fixing Gel
-Beyond The Zone Heat Protectant
-Vitale Life & Body Relaxer System

Here is my staple product list for your reference:

-Shescentit Moisture Mist & Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
-Organic Jojoba Oil
-Quantum Clarifying Shampoo
-Hair One Olive Oil Cleanser
-Aphogee Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor
-Shescentit Banana Brulee Deep Conditioner & Shescentit Avocado Conditioner
-Shescentit Coco Crème Leave In & Shescentit Macadamia Fixing Gel
-Beyond The Zone Heat Protectant
-Vitale Life & Body Relaxer System

Thanks!! You use some great products :yep: Luv the Aphogee and Hairone.

KKK Today I use this in my leave-in mixture

1part KKK today
1part another conditioner
1part aloe vera juice
1 T hempseed oil
maybe a tad bit of distilled water to thin it out

Priceless

You sold me. When i finish my current moisturizer I'm gonna get the KKKT and aloe vera juice to make this. I suspect it's Kimmaytube-inspired? Sounds so :lick: I will substitute the hemp seed oil though for something I already have. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

You sold me. When i finish my current moisturizer I'm gonna get the KKKT and aloe vera juice to make this. I suspect it's Kimmaytube-inspired? Sounds so :lick: I will substitute the hemp seed oil though for something I already have. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

It is partially inspired by her leave-in, I was already adding aloe to my mixes from a website I found a few years ago; however after seeing her video it made more sense to add equal amounts.

You are welcome.

What I do when I am running low is I add equal amounts other conditioner: aloe vera juice no extra oil. What this does is it allows me to stretch the KKKToday because it is a bit pricey IMO.

It will look like this the first time
1/3 cup KKKT
1/3 other conditioner (non -cone conditioners)
1/3 cup AVJ
1 T Oil

when I am about 60% done I will then add
1/3 cup other conditioner (non -cone conditioners)
1/3 cup AVJ
maybe a tad bit of oil and oil if it needs to be thinned out

when I am 70-80% done
I then add the original amounts in again.

Repeat as needed.

It has worked for me so far and I love it.

I hope it works well for you.

I'm relaxed and my staple moisturizer is Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme...my hair loves it.

^ Sounds good to switch it up also so your hair doesn't get "used" to the KKKT

My hair has never gotten used to the KKKT, I only switch up because the KKKT is a bit pricey and I want to conserve it.

I dont use products with many-cones in them so I dont worry about buildup. I wash my hair every 5-7 days so I am good. The week that I wear my hair flatironed I clarify my hair so its all good.

I'm relaxed and have been using primarily Bee Mine products for around 18 months, love it and looking no further. Good question...

Im Relaxed Natural Proucts i use Qhemet root burdock butter & Qhemet Olive & honey Balm,Bear fruit hair Desert Castor moisturizer (I thinks thats the name).

i just used kkkt on my dry hair yesterday when doing a bantou knot out. when i took my hair down today it was so soft. im gonna use it after i wash my hair and see how my hair feels.

I'm gonna try some of these products, thanks for the great reviews. I been waiting to use up some of my stuff. Do any of you ladies refrigerate your mixtures after adding the AVJ? Also how are u using it. Wet buns, dry buns, braid outs...etc Thanks

Good Thread! I'm relaxed and received my Qhemet amla olive heavy creme and Burdock root creme. I plan to look into more lines in the future.

Back