Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Ended up relaxing on July 18 at 14 weeks. Had to do a trim but I'm still scratching on MBL in places. Next relaxer will be in October unless I weave it up or wig it up for the fall/winter months. Leaning towards wigs so I can still wash and do a full reveal in the spring.

12 weeks tomorrow. May have to suck it up and get braids put in for a little while. Need the lowest maintenance possible style with brace on. Bright side is if i wait until Jan to get it relaxed I will be much closer to full MBL. :yep:

I'll be 16 weeks post on Sunday, my birthday is in 2 weeks and I'm undecided if I will relax then..

I'm going for a 4 month stretch again. My hair needs it. But I really want to stretch with braids this time, so I think I will get my hair braided for thanksgiving. I will be 2 weeks post Saturday.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

3 weeks post and loving it!

10 week post, will be 11 weeks when I get my touch up on Thursday. Excited, I usually do a 12 week stretch in the summer, but don't go past 9-10 weeks during the rest of the year. I can't believe I'm going to be almost at 12 weeks again. Its not so bad, but I miss my scalp!

2 days post. The holiday season is upon us, so I can't make any promises that I won't relax before 10 weeks or less:look:

I will be 8 weeks Friday!

But I'm going to relax Saturday. Listen this cardio has helped lol.

My goal next year is five relaxers.

6 weeks post, Goal is 12 weeks...Since i'm more texlaxed than relaxed shouldnt be too hard..

1 week post; not trying to relax again until February.

12 weeks post. will relax at week 20. Dec 9th 2013

5 weeks today. Just started feeling some ng, mostly in the back and around the edges. At least 7 more weeks to go.

7 weeks tomorrow.
Will relax a few days before Christmas.

2 1/2 weeks here. Have just gotten to the point that I can go 8 full weeks. I so admire those of you that are able to do 10, 12, and more... My hair just gets angry after 8 weeks. :nono:

29 Weeks Post Relaxer

This Weeks Regimen - washed in 3 pigtails
Prepoo
-Nutiva Coconut Oil
-Anita Grant Creme Café Latte
Shampoo
-Dudu Osum Black Soap Shampoo
Towel Blot
Deep Condition
-Motions CPR Protein Conditioner
-Anita Grant Monoi De Tahiti Oil
Towel Blot
Step 1 - apply Aloe Vera Juice to hair
Step 2 - apply NaturelleGrow Leave In
Step 3 - apply Chi heat protectant
Air dry
-scarf method
-ends in rollers

All Done!!!!

7 weeks tomorrow. Will relax a few days before Christmas.
yaya24 I was inn officially and maybe just in my mind trying to stick with you and relax the week before Christmas but I don't think I can hold out any longer. How are you getting through all that new growth? I am getting some breakage and not sure if it's protein, moisture or rough handling but I feel like I need to do something to stop it before it gets to be something terrible.

7 weeks tomorrow.
Will relax a few days before Christmas.

yaya, I am 8 weeks post and plan to relax on December 20th. So far no problems with my new growth. However, I think oil rinsing has been helping.

6 weeks post but I have like 1 inch and 0.25/half of new growth :look:

Touch up this saturday

15 weeks post - relaxer day is this Saturday.

I need to stick to 11 or 12 weeks stretch. Anything longer is tangle city. I took me almost 2 hours to detangle tonight and I lost a lot of hair. Sooo not worth it...

Getting relaxed tomorrow at 3:15! Can't wait. 11.5 weeks post.

10 weeks post, giving myself a touch up tonight. So ready to put the blow dryer and flat iron away for the next 8 weeks.

I will relax the first week of November.

I'm dying to do it sooner though... new growth is a beast.

Back