Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

I will be 8 weeks post on Sat too Jobwright

I have more NG than usual (yay!!) but it seems too early for me. I really don't feel like styling it and Im supposed to be avoiding direct heat. Im sooo lazy lately!! I'll try to hold out until week 10.

I have a lot of new growth too, and super surprising! I initially was gonna wait til mid September, but I am starting to experience some breakage in the areas that need the corrective, so I'm going back in...

I'm 9 weeks post and I'm getting my touch up today.

would it be rude if i just got a touch up and left the salon without getting any styling done? i feel like all my setbacks occurred when they started fooling around with my hair. No, woman, I don't want curls or whatever. I didn't ask you for a trim. All that nonsense. Just relax it, wrap it and let me go on my merry way.

Loloo not rude at all. I used to do it all the time. Once they rinse my conditioner out, I throw on my conditioning cap & headed home to air dry. Lol

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. Going until 16 weeks. Every time I get to week 16 I debate going natural, but I always go for my touch-up. Maybe after I get rid of my bonelaxed ends. I will reconsider.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 9 weeks post and I'm getting my touch up today.

would it be rude if i just got a touch up and left the salon without getting any styling done? i feel like all my setbacks occurred when they started fooling around with my hair. No, woman, I don't want curls or whatever. I didn't ask you for a trim. All that nonsense. Just relax it, wrap it and let me go on my merry way.

No, just make sure all of the relaxer is properly washed out. For years my nape area was broken from having my relaxer done at the salon because they half washed out the relaxer. However, I did fine a wonderful stylist that nurtured it back right before finding LHCF. But now I just do them myself.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

13 weeks now... relaxing this upcoming weekend at 14 weeks and I CAN'T WAIT!

I think 8 weeks is my standard for stretching. Terrified of breakage.

My next touch up is scheduled for October 15.

6 days post... Love freshly relaxed hair. Hanging onto the joy of non-reversion from new growth for as long as possible...

I don't know but it no longers attempts to lay flat no matter how tight I tie the scarf, slather on gell and oil or water....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am about 13 wks post. Thought I was relaxing today but the beauty store only had Mizani relaxer that was spelled "rhelaxer" i was like huh?

Just ended a 4 month stretch today, so I'm one hour post. Im pleased with my growth and hair health. Used Wen exclusively to cleanse my hair from last relaxer to this one. Next relaxer in December or January.

17 weeks post yesterday!

I am about 13 wks post. Thought I was relaxing today but the beauty store only had Mizani relaxer that was spelled "rhelaxer" i was like huh?

Those are the Originals. The BB is new school. I usually only hear mixed reviews on the BB line. I can't even relaxer shop til October the earliest, since I'm already 7 weeks post. Hope you find the one your are looking for.

I'm 16 (or 17) weeks post. I should be relaxing now but I want to wait until mid to late September to relax again

two weeks post after a four month stretch i will relax again in december if im not weaved up just made MBL :yay:

About 18 weeks and relaxing tonight:yep:

FemmeFatale you should join us in the relaxed buddy thread after. Several of us are relaxing this week:yep:

8 weeks post, trying to hold out until 10 but I think my last relaxer was slightly underprocessed. Currently setting the ends of my hair on satin rollers before bed and then rocking a wavy ponytail with a banana clip. I guess I'm not struggling, but the roots are definitely visible.

18 weeks post today!

I might try to go 24 weeks. I haven't decided yet. My hair is doing so well, I don't have the desire to relax it just yet.

Back