Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 14 weeks post, trying to make it to 20 weeks.....

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 8 weeks post this saturday - will be trying to go another 4

I'm 24 hours post. :grin: I plan to relax at 13 weeks so that will be around July 7th.

Made it to 18 1/2 weeks but after another disastrous braid out picked up supplies this morning and laid my crown down. The longer my hair gets the roots and the perm side just refuse to cooperate so I'm probably going to cut down to 12 week stretches with roller sets until spring time.

Sitting with deep conditioner right now. I'm going to trim a little bit just for looks (one side grows faster) but I am getting over my hairnorexia and accepting that I'm at BSL and on my way to MBL :grin:. (fingers crossed I'll be ready to claim in June)

0 days (1/2/13) ORS Super

Happy New Year Ladies!

I need to listen to myself and stop pushing it. Right now I'm one day post - relaxed yesterday (4/11/13) 14 weeks/1 day. My hair was a mess these last two weeks so at my current growth rate 12 weeks is the MAX if I'm wearing it out.

Next touch up will be in June (unless I weave it up for the summer). I'll decide later may do touch up June and then weave it up for the winter so by next spring I'll be close to WL.

Good news is I'm BSL on my short bra and my low bra and creeping up on MBL. I should be there before end of the year :grin:.

10 weeks post, relaxing in 2 days. Could go longer but going on a cruise next week (yay) and want to have low manipulation hair

Last edited:

I'm 22 weeks post. I wanted to wait until June, but my hair is becoming knotty at my demarcation line and I'm tired of the amount of time it takes to detangle. So I'll be relaxing at 23 weeks!

I'm 8 weeks post. My longest stretch was 22 weeks but I think that was a little too long. I haven't decided if I'll go 12 or 16 weeks.

I'm just so proud of myself for stretching successfully when this time last year it wasn't uncommon for me to relax after 3 weeks if I " thought" I needed it. Smdh... Thanks lhcf!

Think I'm going to have to stretch this relaxer. Not feeling comfortable w/ relaxing every 12 weeks. That's too many relaxers a year. Sigh... I just don't like stretching on longer hair anymore. *shrugs*

I don't know how many weeks I am. But I don't have any NG yet. lol

pre_medicalrulz - I know what you mean. I was determined to learn how to safely stretch so I could get down to around 3 relaxers a year. Eventually I'll probably get to relaxing twice a year. :yep:

Im 15 weeks post right now and will be relaxing next week. I used Wen from the time I relaxed through present and I tell ya'all, I didn't even think about a retouch until last week because my hair was/is so manageable. Really, the only reason Im getting a retouch next week is because Im going to Vegas next weekend. Otherwise, I would keep rolling.

Last edited:
Im 15 weeks post right now and will be relaxing next week. I used Wen from the time I relaxed through present and I tell ya'all, I didn't even think about a retouch until last week because my hair was is/so manageable. Really, the only reason I m getting a retouch next week is because Im going to Vegas next weekend. Otherwise, I would keep rolling.

Makes me want to try wen.... I am about 12 weeks but will be going longer was this setting and flat ironing roots is holding me over, looks and feels like I don't need to perm...

If I was brave enough I don't think I need to perm as hair is fine...

I am currently at about 6 weeks, ng is still in check, probably will hang this way until right before Memorial Day

12 weeks post and I have hardly any new growth :-/

16 weeks post tomorrow. Relaxer in 2 weeks at 18 weeks post. Tried Wen Fig last wash day and the tangles just melted.

Hiiii I'm a lurker and occasional poster. I'm about 21 weeks post relaxer and my hair will have been in braids for the past two months. I'm trying to make it to September which would be 10 months post for me but I'm not sure.... This thread is very encouraging :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

12 weeks post tomorrow. Short term goal is to at least make a 16 week stretch (May 25). Super goal is 21 weeks( June 29)

5 weeks post today!! My normal stretch is 12 weeks or June 13th. Now that I know more about taking care of my new growth (thanks to LHCF) I might go longer. Thats when I will start using my Wen Fig, Spring Gardenia and Pomegranate.

Back