Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

11 weeks post, relaxing this Saturday. I washed yesterday and DC with Affirm Positive Link+ Saryna Keys Shea Butter Mask. I'm using a heavy moisturizer (Elasta QP olive oil and mango) + coconut oil + flexirods to last til Saturday.

I changed my mind 12-14 weeks. Thinking back i stretched for 19 weeks (preggos) and lost so much hair...not the business. So I'll be relaxing just in time for V-Day!

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I am currently 15 weeks post and dont know when I am relaxing. Thinking about self relaxing for the first time ever because I cant bring myself to go to a salon and have to fight with the stylist about "trimming" my hair. Off to read the self-relaxer thread.

I'm 10 weeks post on Saturday... Trying to ignore the itch to relax for Christmas and make it to January 19th (14 week total stretch)

I'm currently 8 weeks post. Will get a sew in 11 wks post... my next touch up should be about 5 months post relaxer.

11 weeks post, relaxing this Saturday. I washed yesterday and DC with Affirm Positive Link+ Saryna Keys Shea Butter Mask. I'm using a heavy moisturizer (Elasta QP olive oil and mango) + coconut oil + flexirods to last til Saturday.

I'm always interested to see what products you're using or recommending. Your hair is beautiful and if I weren't trying to whittle down my stash I would try Saryna Key and Alfaparf. I just ordered several Alter Ego products, so maybe after those run out I'll try something new.

I just found your previous post about long stretches yesterday and it freaked me out a little since I'm coming up on six months and my hair is also fine. What did you change to make your stretch less damaging this time?

Yes, long stretches have not been my friend.:nono: I don't know why I continue to do them....it's like a bad addiction. Both my 20 wk and 24 wk stretches were not good. But to answer your question:

Cowashing and bunning 3 times per week
Stopped using shampoo
Added ceramides to my regi (this one I believe was the trick)

Now with that said, even with those changes, I still lose too much hair after I wash when trying to detangle so I can style it. Too much to my liking that is. Looking back I can honestly say, my hair is the best when I relax between the 10-12 wk mark. So 2013 her comes major changes!

I will be 6 wks on sunday trying to make it till 12 wks but i doubt i will.

I'll be 18 weeks post tomorrow and I'm still shocked at how easy and manageable my hair is. I'm still looking forward to relaxing on Saturday! :)

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

11 weeks in. Pulling out the S Curl to tame the new growth. Planning on stretching for maybe 16 weeks...If I can make it that long. Might get some cornrows for a month to stretch it out.

17 weeks post. Ending my stretch today!! Yaaay!

I'm 10 weeks post and have a ton of new growth. I want to wait at least 16 weeks but I may go longer.....

That's awesome. At 10 weeks I have nothing. smh

Thanks! This stretch has been going so well. :yep:

I think it's the Mineral Rich. I didn't want to get overly excited about the benefits but I do see much more newgrowth than I normally do at this time.

Thank goodness for my wig. I'm on cruise control at this point and keeping my fingers crossed for a great reveal!!

I'll be 9 weeks post today. I'm stretching anywhere between 12-14 weeks post.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

I will be 13 weeks post tomorrow, with about 1.5 inches of new growth. I will be self-relaxing tomorrow for the first time in like six years, so wish me luck! Will post reveal when done. :yep:

14 weeks post. I will relax sometime in Feb.

I will be 13 weeks post tomorrow, with about 1.5 inches of new growth. I will be self-relaxing tomorrow for the first time in like six years, so wish me luck! Will post reveal when done. :yep:

Sending good luck vibes ur way:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Nine weeks 6 days and going to relax today not even do the full 10 weeks because dont want to spend the my Saturday in the house. Going to do half head first then the other half for better outcome

4 weeks post!! 6 more to go!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Back