Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

hey sunnie b where have you been?

back to topic....

I'm 2 weeks post this weekend.....

will neva! eva! go 24 weeks or 40 weeks:nono:

will go 12 or 14 weeks only!!!

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Last relaxer was october 31st

currently at a 6 week post

Stretching till March my first time stretching for five months hope I can do it lool my last stretch was 4 months. I never use to stretch my relaxers but now I see the difference in when I do increase thickness and length

I switched my relaxer from Africas best relaxer to creme of nature argan oil (I loveeeee it)

I literally just texlax my hair like 30 minutes ago. I'm typing this with water and neutralizing shampoo dripping down my face :lol: (I let it sit for 5 to 10 mins. per lather). Let's hope and pray I made BSL :pray:.

Going into 21 weeks...

I relaxed my mom hair yesterday. She is (was) texlaxed but that all changed when I relaxed it. She is now bone straight!! Y'all know she mad right?? LOL!!!! *shrugs* My bad.

I am 23 wks post!! I'm hoping to relax in about 2-3 weeks. The last couple of weeks of this stretch has been HORRIBLE!! Lots of matting in my nape.

I am 6 weeks trying to make it to 12. I always fail at 10 weeks. This time 10 weeks hits on my birthday 1/5. Please let me make it to 1/19! I only want 4 relaxers next year....one of my goals.

5 weeks and counting. Have 11 more weeks left.

Rozlewis;173e85255 said:
@Brittster, were you texlaxing previously? I am having trouble with the stretches and purchased a wig which I do not like. I am now thinking about getting a sew-in. I have to do something? Also, I may not be able to stretch to 12 weeks yet. I might be trying to rush it. I probably have to ease into it by may going to 10 weeks, then 12 weeks, etc. I was traveling this week on business so I did not get to co-wash on Wednesday like I usually do and I can feel it. My new growth is screaming. For people who can stretch 14 weeks and up I wonder if this was something they had to ease into. I stopped going to the salon because they were destroying my hair and I can't seem to find anyone who will take care of my hair right.

Yes you have to ease a stretch...
my first was 16 weeks
then 40 weeks
then back to 24
I'm gonna stay between 12 or 14 weeks..:spinning:
no one has taken better care of my hair as I have:grin:
I'm seldom in a hurry. I don't have to leave the house
I don't over charge myself. I don't over book.
I'm always in a good mood. + its MY hair so I listen when its telling me something.....:grin:

I am 12 weeks post on Sunday and I've got less than a week until relaxer day.

Currently 6 weeks, have 4 more to go

This will be my last year stretching. I'll be relaxing at 12 weeks from now on. Getting a lil bit of length makes the stretching more work than I care to handle.

This will be my last year stretching. I'll be relaxing at 12 weeks from now on. Getting a lil bit of length makes the stretching more work than I care to handle.

I agree! I did a 5 month stretch and it was just too much to deal with two textures, ten will be the longest and then I ended up.under processed do currently flat ironing every two weeks to make it easier

I'm about 8 weeks post and I really wasn't on my moisturizing and sealing this week and my hair has suffered a lot..I think I might relax early, get a cut and start my journey over

Almost 15 weeks and my shrinkage is making me wish I hadn't clipped my relaxed ends so soon, and my texlaxed ends are knotting up. Ugh I thought texlaxed hair was easier to manage. Why are there so many knots????

I'm 1 day post. I relaxed yesterday after a 26-week stretch. I liked the results, but I think I'm done with the 6-month stretches (after 2 years of doing them). I've definitely seen benefits, but I think I would get similar results with shorter stretches -- maybe 12-16 weeks. Also, while most of my hair does well, I have a couple of more delicate, kinkier areas that don't do as well during my super stretches.

ETA: Plus, I've cut my hair, so the super stretches are just not going to work.

Last edited:
10 weeks post. I think this is the longest I've stretched, I'm running to the salon next Friday!- I can't wait.

Excuse the typos but i'm on my iPod touch

A week post, hoping to make it V day. May ill be bsb, or whatever is just before apl by then!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm 1 day post. I relaxed yesterday after a 26-week stretch. I liked the results, but I think I'm done with the 6-month stretches (after 2 years of doing them). I've definitely seen benefits, but I think I would get similar results with shorter stretches -- maybe 12-16 weeks. Also, while most of my hair does well, I have a couple of more delicate, kinkier areas that don't do as well during my super stretches.

ETA: Plus, I've cut my hair, so the super stretches are just not going to work.

I'm done with the 6mth stretches too. I'll see how the 12 week stretch goes. Was it hard self relaxing with so much ng?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I'm done with the 6mth stretches too. I'll see how the 12 week stretch goes. Was it hard self relaxing with so much ng?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

It was surprisingly easy, given all the new growth. I pre-sectioned and twisted my hair, so the application went very quickly. I have some texture left, but Linange never takes me completely straight. (I think it makes my hair healthier and stronger in the long run.)

15 weeks in. Relaxing at 17...that reminds me...I need to make an appointment.

13 weeks and 3 days post! I didn't even realize that much time went by. I don't think I will be relaxing until after the New Years. Especially since my ends and new growth have been thriving from the LOC method. That thread has great tips for moisturizing hair and I do it to my new growth and its butter soft.

When I'm getting antsy to relax but I wanna continue stretching I put a sulfur oil mix on my scalp. It helps promote growth but you're also supposed to wait 1 week after using sulfur before doing any chemical treatments. This way I'm forced to hold out on my touch up for at least 1 more week.

Another thing is that I don't want to wear my hair out too much In the cold because of the wind, harsh weather and to avoid friction on my clothes. So there's no point in relaxing to just put my hair back up into a bun IMO.

Happy growing and happy stretching ladies!!

It was surprisingly easy, given all the new growth. I pre-sectioned and twisted my hair, so the application went very quickly. I have some texture left, but Linange never takes me completely straight. (I think it makes my hair healthier and stronger in the long run.)

I have been hearing soo many great things about the Linange relaxer. Where did you purchase yours from? I dont think I've ever seen it in stores.

Back