~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

Hey Bun Ladies...

Yup still bunning...And will be until touchup in around maybeeeeee um April/May-ish...Not sure.

Some days I use just my hair alone and when Im feeling snazzy I add my additionals for flavor and height. Well heres todays...I used my 22" Phoney Pony, wrapped and pinned...
Ive been doing this for some time...But I jus recently started styling the actual bun a little differently, more pointy...Jus wanted a different look. (I looked in the mirror and said I look like a friggin...Dare I say it, Unicorn :lol)

This is how I usually do it, more of a traditional rounded bun...

LOVE the unicorn bun! LOL! Now you know we want details.

Hey fellow Unicorns...The bun is fairly simple...I put my hair in a ponytail, moisturized till its soppy wet, twisted my hair around ina teentsy knot, I attached my Phoney Poney...With this particular bun...With no rhyme or reason, I jus twist and shape as I go...

Now the more traditional rounded bun...I shape it in a "Cinnamon Roll" pattern, very neatly...And precise.

Last edited:
Practicing with my spin pins just now and I see what I was doing wrong.

Why was I trying to put them straight into the bun? I held one at an angle and it went right in and stayed put.

It's an ugly bun, but I'll keep working with it.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Just bought some mini spin pins yesterday and was surprised by how easy they are to use. Between these and my good hair day pins I'm not sure I'll use an elastic ever again.

Ok...so maybe that's a bit dramatic, but definitely not often. Here's a pic of today's bun with two mini spin pins.

Attachments

• image-2447295389.jpg
    image-2447295389.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1619631115.jpg
    image-1619631115.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 108
I finally got a sweet bun :)

If I can get them to look this good, I will do them most often. :grin:

When I used to bun I put real undue pressure on my edges and hair by pulling so tight.. Im so happy

Bunny_Bun_Bun_zps1d35e1e1.jpg

Last night my husband and I are getting ready to go out on a date. I put my hair in a cute banana clip bun. I had on a new outfit, new shoes, I just knew I was looking good. As I am putting the final touches on my bun I hear him mumble "you got all that hair,I dont know why you never wear it down". So, I come out of the bathroom and ask, what did you say? At first he says, I didnt say anything. Then he says, I am just saying, you have all that hair and yet you never wear it down, I thought that was black women's goal, to have long hair so they could swing it. Sigh...... I didn't say anything but actually my feeling were a little hurt. I just wore it down for almost 2 weeks straight. I guess that wasn't enough.:sad:

Last night my husband and I are getting ready to go out on a date. I put my hair in a cute banana clip bun. I had on a new outfit, new shoes, I just knew I was looking good. As I am putting the final touches on my bun I hear him mumble "you got all that hair,I dont know why you never wear it down". So, I come out of the bathroom and ask, what did you say? At first he says, I didnt say anything. Then he says, I am just saying, you have all that hair and yet you never wear it down, I thought that was black women's goal, to have long hair so they could swing it. Sigh...... I didn't say anything but actually my feeling were a little hurt. I just wore it down for almost 2 weeks straight. I guess that wasn't enough.:sad:

Awwww! Don't be sad. Just try to compromise some more. When y'all have date night let it swang and when you don't put it up! He didn't mean anything by it.

just tell him you are protecting it, so you can keep what you have and so it will grow longer for when you really want to swing!

I was just given that Hot Buns hair accessory as a gift. Can't wait to use it, since I lost my sock that I was making donut buns with. :ohwell:

I'm definitely going to sew some satin over it because on its own, it definitely will damage your hair due to what it's made out of. The mesh is made of open hooks, rather than closed loops, so it's very easy to snag your hair on it. :nono:

yoleee Husbands can never get enough of seeing "all that hair".

I wore my hair down all last year and my dh was still :look: when I started bunning again.

The one compromise I made was to wear my hair down when I'm out with him. Even if I bun all day, I whip it out with him at night. No complaints.

And yes, I'm rockin' my bun today since I'm out with my nieces. :yep:

I'm back to post the pics of my buns :grin:

The first 2 pics are messy braid out bun #1

The 3rd pic is messy braid out bun #2

The 4th pic is my braided bun

The 5th pic is my sock bun

Attachments

• 20121216_043537.jpg
    20121216_043537.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20121216_043522.jpg
    20121216_043522.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20130202_162826.jpg
    20130202_162826.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20130204_204436_resized.jpg
    20130204_204436_resized.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20130211_205809_resized.jpg
    20130211_205809_resized.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 109
@sunnieb, I gathered my hair in my left hand as though I was about to make a pony with my right hand. Instead, use the right hand to twirl the hair around and around while keeping the left hand in place to give the bun structure. Once I've reached the end of my hair, I pin the bun with a croc clip and gently remove left hand from being wound up in the bun. Tuck in any loose ends.

Thanks divachyk! I'm getting ready for our Valentine's dinner now and was looking for some style inspiration. I did a cowash and braidout last night, so my hair is nice and poofy. I think I might do a half juicy bun and leave the other half down. :yep:

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Back