~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

@EnExitStageLeft thanks hon.. you see my part all jacked up :lol: but hey the complete look is what hittin'! right?

.. your hair is soo beautiful, with shine and thickness and what I'm lacking at the moment uniformity in length..I've been working on it since my setback in 2011...so keep my in your thoughts for hair prayers:grin:

Yes ma'am it twas' indeed the bomb:yep:. I tried to recreate it today, but ended up in a slick back because for some reason I forgot that my behind can't braid lol.

Awwwwww Thank you SO much for your sweet words! That unevenness will get better. My hair grew into a W shape a while back and I corrected it. It took a while, but eventually I got it all to one hemline.

my hair is air dried 99% of the time, so I guess I should just use less product and sleep in braids for more texture. Thanks for the tips ladies.

mamaline - Yep, you're on the right track!

I also clarify weekly with Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo. You don't have to clarify that much to be effective, but don't go over a month without clarifying at least once. :yep:

@mamaline - Yep, you're on the right track!

I also clarify weekly with Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo. You don't have to clarify that much to be effective, but don't go over a month without clarifying at least once. :yep:

I usually clarify once a month. I'm awfully heavy-handed with my products though. I just never know how much is enough. (I'm not even being funny lol)

I need another wet-like moisturizer since Im allergic to scurl for my buns. :(

You could definitely dilute any moisturizer but I replaced scurl with Darcy's Botanicals daily leave in. Not as GREAT but its works. You could also try some good ole glycerin and water.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Hey Guys,

My bun for today

2013-07-20_17.18.46.jpg
2013-07-20_17.19.21.jpg
2013-07-20_17.19.52.jpg
2013-07-20_17.28.03.jpg

I tried the front braid like MizzBFly and actually did it this time :yay:! I wore a high bun yesterday, so I opted for a side twisted bun today :).

Last edited:
Rozlewis Thanks Girl :)! and Yeah I wear a different bun daily. I find that when I switch it up I don't bore of it as quickly. Plus when I wear it in a different position I don't put excess stress my nape.

Finally air dried. I like the bun better, but I did a video on how I did the bun and putting in a ponytail was ALOT of work on its own.

Attachments

• image-2924735736.jpg
    image-2924735736.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 66
Finally air dried. I like the bun better, but I did a video on how I did the bun and putting in a ponytail was ALOT of work on its own.

Yeah, it takes some practice. I don't have any problems like I used to in the beginning.

Starting with freshly moisturized air dried hair, I mostly use my fingers to scoop all my hair up for the high bun. Then I put on a scrunchy and lightly comb all around do get the hair going in one direction. I remove the scrunchy and use my hands to slick hair up and redo the pony a bit tighter.

Secure bun with pins and bun net. Then use fine toothed comb to smooth any loose fly aways.

Also, I sleep in a loose high bun secured with one pin and tied down with a silk scarf. When you wake in the morning, your bun is pretty much half done. :yep:

sunnieb

Thanks. I like you new thumbnail.

With my hair air dried, I'm not used to it, so it just takes more time for me. I fell in love with it again today, but dealing with it is just the wackness. I saw a girl check her weave bun after looking at my bun lol.

I try to put it in a bun for the overnight, but that only works when my hair is straight. Air dried, my hair is gonna laugh at me...

Lets see how I survive this week. Might repeat it again. It's just too hot right now for rollersets. I just hate having to face the fact I'll be washing again by Wednesday.

Today I am soooo tired of bunning!!!!!!! Today I want cut, color and swinging hair......tomorrow might be different:look:

janeemat I know how you feel.

I wear my hair out a couple times a week to alleviate the boredom. I'm also doing different types of buns. It's easy for me to get locked into doing my daily bun all the time.

@janeemat I know how you feel.

I wear my hair out a couple times a week to alleviate the boredom. I'm also doing different types of buns. It's easy for me to get locked into doing my daily bun all the time.

I relaxed my hair June 1st and wore it down that Sunday to church. I felt guilty for doing that and my hair has been in a bun EVERY single day since then. I really want to continue at least to my next relaxer which is Sept 1st before I throw the towel.....I don't know....

I relaxed my hair June 1st and wore it down that Sunday to church. I felt guilty for doing that and my hair has been in a bun EVERY single day since then. I really want to continue at least to my next relaxer which is Sept 1st before I throw the towel.....I don't know....

Girl, wear your hair down! :lol:

We are traveling today so I'm wearing a loose flexi 8 bun. As soon as we make it to the hotel, Imma whip it out!

Girl, wear your hair down! :lol:

We are traveling today so I'm wearing a loose flexi 8 bun. As soon as we make it to the hotel, Imma whip it out!

:lol:You are too funny! You are not helping with my "bun for a year" mission that I am on.

:lol:You are too funny! You are not helping with my "bun for a year" mission that I am on.

Wear it down while you're out and about. When you get home, add a bit of moisturizer to the ends and bun til bedtime. You'll still get the bunning benefits.

Wear it down while you're out and about. When you get home, add a bit of moisturizer to the ends and bun til bedtime. You'll still get the bunning benefits.

I am going to try Wen for the very FIRST time tonight as my cowash. I am right at 8 wks post, so depends on how that goes will determine if I wear it down tomorrow. I just hope WEN will smooth and detangle my 8 wks ng like current product I use. Sunnieb do you think now is a good time to try Wen?

janeemat it's always a good time for Wen! Glad you're giving it a try.

I cowash with it once a week. As far as caring for ng, I started doing weekly honey treatments and my ng is soft and in check. I'm 12 weeks post.

@janeemat it's always a good time for Wen! Glad you're giving it a try.

I cowash with it once a week. As far as caring for ng, I started doing weekly honey treatments and my ng is soft and in check. I'm 12 weeks post.

sunnieb You are a jewell! Now I can't wait to get home and try WEN!
Since I been have keep my stretches between 11-14 wks, things are good. I will have to revisit the honey treatments. Thanks!

Work bun. To bad it kept hitting ceilings and pipes :(

Attachments

• image-19165476.jpg
    image-19165476.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 74
Flat ironed bun... Yeah, I wasn't to act that brand new with flat ironed hair.

Attachments

• image-2429471086.jpg
    image-2429471086.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 63
Two weeks straight bunning again. Glad to be back in the game!

It's addictive. At home on a Sunday morning and still bunned first thing lol

Found my ORS smooth n hold pudding. That's going to be my friend now.... Heading to 18 weeks post this week.

Lazy Sunday morning bun:

Ends spritzed with DD's Dark n Lovely braids conditioning spray (with vit E & apricot oil) and edges lightly brushed back with ORS smooth n hold pudding. Will respray and seal ends with sweet almond oil tonight

ForumRunner_20130728_101913.jpg

Back