~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

Lazy Sunday morning bun:

Ends spritzed with DD's Dark n Lovely braids conditioning spray (with vit E & apricot oil) and edges lightly brushed back with ORS smooth n hold pudding. Will respray and seal ends with sweet almond oil tonight

I love apricot oil!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

^ I'd never heard of it until I saw this product. Will have to do some research into it- can you buy it separately?

Sorry, can't use mentions- using my mobile! Lol

Enjoyed my hair last week, but back to 100% bunning for now:

ForumRunner_20130730_093015.jpg

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

100_1299-vi.jpg

Just wanted too share a pic of my bun from my relaxed days......I miss being relaxed.:sad:

Instead of my usual swirly bun, I did this bun since I haven't done this look in a while. I put my hair in a loose pony, then take a small section twirl around my finger and secure with an wide bobby pin. I do this in a circle then put on the bun net to hold it together. I have a few gaps here and there today, but I'm gonna rock this for a while.

ForumRunner_20130801_110347.jpg

I actually wore my hair out today and it didn't go back in a bun after a couple seconds. I do need more ideas though. Since my hair is getting a tad longer, because "Winter's Coming" I'd like to find other ideas so that I can reduce strain and manipulation to certain parts of my scalp and try something new.

Saludable84

I'm right there with you. School is starting soon and my style of choice is usually a bun; however, I've been playing with the idea of wigging it through the winter (a short one, like the infamous Mommy wig). Although I mentioned it to my husband and he turned his nose up...

OT: Nice GOT tie-in...

Only because I was trying to catch a sale by 1PM and I needed to throw my hair up in a bun did it come out in the best unintentional doughnut bun ever. I'm not gonna bother trying tomorrow, because it will not intentionally happen.

Attachments

• image-1176115981.jpg
    image-1176115981.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 69
Only because I was trying to catch a sale by 1PM and I needed to throw my hair up in a bun did it come out in the best unintentional doughnut bun ever. I'm not gonna bother trying tomorrow, because it will not intentionally happen.

So cute!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm about to head to the store and I'll literally throw my hair in a 'whatever' bun and it'll look all glamorous!

Let me try that tomorrow when I'm getting ready for work. Ain't happenin!

Looks nice!

Big thanks to all the ladies that mentioned using braids or flat twists to add texture to their buns or protective styles. It's taken my buns to a whole nother level! :woot:

Saludable84

I'm right there with you. School is starting soon and my style of choice is usually a bun; however, I've been playing with the idea of wigging it through the winter (a short one, like the infamous Mommy wig). Although I mentioned it to my husband and he turned his nose up...

OT: Nice GOT tie-in...

Yes!!!!!! You got it!!!!!! Lol.

You ladies are inspiring!! I can't until my hair gets long enough to pull these buns off.

But until then I will continue with my faux ponytail bun.

Attachments

• P1000665.jpg
    P1000665.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 49
  • P1000666.jpg
    P1000666.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 67
Here's a submission from me! Act like you've never seen this pic before when it shows up in my Relaxed Thairapy blog post tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 88
That is so nice & perfect. How do you twist the bun?

pre_medicalrulz - thank you & EnExitStageLeft for the love. I just twirl it around very loosely and pin. Another way of saying it -- think of a circle. Starting at the top of the pony tail, I twirl the hair around, making one complete circle. When I'm back at the top of the pony tail, I tuck the tail inside the hole of the circle, kind of like if you were making a slip knot, except I don't actually slip knot my hair. I then pin. Did that help some?

You all have such beautiful buns. I'm trying to bun for the rest of the year so I just read this entire thread today, and you guys are so inspiring.

I found this bun the other day and I really like it so I tried it a couple of times, but I think I need more hair.

Attachments

• image-3890465740.jpg
    image-3890465740.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3566135341.jpg
    image-3566135341.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
GettingKinky nice bun!

I am so bored with my daily bun, but I keep doing it! It'll be 104° here today, so I'll be aight! :)

ForumRunner_20130807_082056.jpg

GettingKinky nice bun!

I am so bored with my daily bun, but I keep doing it! It'll be 104° here today, so I'll be aight! :)

So sunnieb I noticed you put your buns in the same position. Im guessing you're not having any breakage in that area since I hear most bunners suggest you move the position of your bun on occassion right?

Have any of you ladies tried your buns with fake bangs, swoop bangs or straight bangs before?

Back