~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

bebezazueta LOVE that Style!!! Im gonna Steal it, lol

BTW what is the difference between a Dutch Braid and a French Braid?

LOL! Thanks. I'm not the originator of it so steal away! Dutch braid you bring the strands under the middle one & the braid sits Outside. French you bring strands over and the braid is inside. HTH!

Ok, well I french braid then :lol: , need to learn the dutch braid ...

LOL! Thanks. I'm not the originator of it so steal away! Dutch braid you bring the strands under the middle one & the braid sits Outside. French you bring strands over and the braid is inside. HTH!

pelohello, I just tried to post pics to my signature and a new avatar, and create LCHF albums, but there is no editing or rotation feature to turn the pics the right way up. They post like that if they are larger wide than the site requires...all mine were taken right side up, but when I tried to post here, they all came in sideways. So I gave up and posted them to Fotki instead. :rolleyes: I tried posting using an IPad as well...yep one at a time. :ohwell:

I can't wait to do this TU, and I'm getting some extra rest tonight so I can relax and pamper my hair tomorrow. It's work relaxing and properly DC'ing all this hair.

For those interested, I have recent pics (as in taken today) in my newest Fotki album. I know I haven't posted any pics of my hair in a very long time.

http://public.fotki.com/JewellStar

Old Fotki Albums (2006-2011): http://public.fotki.com/JewellJ

Thanks for visiting! Will post more pics to the new album after my TU.

Last edited:
This was yesterday. I was itching to get rid of that pesky hump.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Attachments

• image-1419341884.jpg
    image-1419341884.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3652804817.jpg
    image-3652804817.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 73
EnExitStageLeft

Thanks so much chica! I actually meant to post that in the relaxed hair thread, and after posting realized this is the relaxed bunning thread. Girl when I picked up a relaxer yesterday from the lovely Beauty World (largest beauty supply store in this state), I was like YASS HONEY can't wait to tame these roots! I'm kinda frustrated that my hair has a "curtain" or layer that grows on the top surface much faster than the bottom surface, so in one of the pics where my hair is completely combed and fluffed out with a wide tooth comb, the ends are see-thru, and its driving me nuts looking at it. I just posted all the pics I took and some are duplicates, so I realize I need to correct that. Just at the time I wanted to do it, Fotki's website is actin up. Lawd.

Then, I snap out of being annoyed with those "tail feather" ends, and remember what Chicoro said about the lead hair theory and how her hair grows in a similar fashion...some hairs shoot past the others, then the rest catch up to that length and it looks full again, then those lead or fast hairs "drop" down to another length and the others catch up again...and so forth and so on. But I don't wear my hair down much and mainly bun.

At first I was ASHAMED to show my hair since I used to maintain blunt ends, but then I looked back at a 2006 pic of my hair, when my regimen was a little different, and saw my hair was growing in the same fashion even with regular trims every 3 months! I simply smoothed my hair down on the bottom in pics 3-13, and that is why the ends look one way in that pic and rather uniform in the others. It wasn't laying flat where they look see thru and was picked out like a fro on the length.

I can't really do anything about those fast growing hairs. They have always done that and I used to cut them off to maintain a blunt hemline. But alas I know better and have learned patience!! I feel kinda iffy about them but I know as long as I avoid too much mechanical damage and manipulation, the bulk will thicken at the ends as the hair underneath that fast growing layer catches up. This and wanting to grow as long as possible are the only reasons I avoid regular trims and just S&D or do a tiny dusting as needed, which, might I add, is quite rare since I only get splits from using direct heat.

Sorry for the long post! I will post more pics with buns included. Your hair is beautiful, healthy, and thick...and I'm always checking out your pics and blog!! I love my hair jet black but I'm letting it grow out a while. I know you know I'm a fellow PJ! I'm trying to use up my stash and then I'm going H.A.M again. :drunk:

Last edited:
I will post more pics with buns included. Your hair is beautiful, healthy, and thick...and I'm always checking out your pics and blog!! I love my hair jet black but I'm letting it grow out a while. I know you know I'm a fellow PJ! I'm trying to use up my stash and then I'm going H.A.M again. :drunk:

YES!:happydance:, Thank you so much:) and PJ LOVE! :bighug: lol

Today's bun:

ForumRunner_20130705_083350.jpg

Sorry for the extreme close-up. My stupid phone died and I'm stuck trying to take hair pics with my tablet.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

I'm so glad i stumbled on this thread! I bun daily so this challenge is right up my alley. I'll try to post a pic later today.

sunnieb

Aww, thanks mama! You and Saludable84 made my day. Thank you both for the gracious compliments. :yep: I'm kinda shy when it comes to my hair...may be why I keep it up and covered a lot. :yawn: boring, I know! sunnieb I'm bouta start referring to you as the "Queen of Bunning;" you go hard and I give you mad props for that!! Juicy, luscious bun. I'mma try and post some pics of my everyday bun in my Fotki tomorrow.

EnExitStageLeft

Nice bun indeed! So smooth...I love it! I do the same thing...just smooth the surface with a rat tail comb so I don't have to comb all the way down to the roots and add a little "Edge Control" to the edges as needed.

Last edited:
@EnExitLeftStage

I need to try that twist on the front. Sooooo beautiful!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Saludable84 - On nights you don't airdry, try sleeping in a few braids.

I usually do two braids, twirl the ends around my finger and pin with a good day hair pin. This helps to keep the "umph" of airdried hair for an extra day or two until you wash/airdry again.

Back