Relationships

upandcoming

Courtship

For the married women out there who married the man they meet in college/grad school/vocation school, how long did your husband court you and what types of decisions did you make that made things go well? I'm kind of confused.
----
Things are now a lot clearer! Praise Jesus.

Last edited:
Hi Angel, I just wanted you to know that your Relationship thread is not being overlooked.

Although I am not currently in a 'courtship', I can say that you and your friend are doing the right thing...committing this relationship to the Lord.

You are wise is setting goals regarding your education and not wanting anything to interfere with this area of your life.

What are the 'questions' you have. Perhaps sharing these will assist those who are on their way to reply to you.

Blessings angel...;)

Hi,
I guess I just want to make sure that we're doing the right thing. I'm not seeking validation, but none of my friends are in a similar relationship and sometimes I feel like we're just kind of making things up as we go along. I want to know how long people stayed in the courtship phase, what rules they followed to make sure their relationship was in Christ, what actions to discern if the man was for them, warning signs, things they did wrong that lead to problems etc. I know it's different for everyone but I like to see what other Christian couples are doing to make sure they're in line with Christ.

togethernessinchrist said:
Hi,
I guess I just want to make sure that we're doing the right thing. I'm not seeking validation, but none of my friends are in a similar relationship and sometimes I feel like we're just kind of making things up as we go along. I want to know how long people stayed in the courtship phase, what rules they followed to make sure their relationship was in Christ, what actions to discern if the man was for them, warning signs, things they did wrong that lead to problems etc. I know it's different for everyone but I like to see what other Christian couples are doing to make sure they're in line with Christ.

Stop worrying sweet one. That's the word that God has given me for you...Dearest one...stop worrying. And the voice of the Lord, is a tender one speaking through my ear. He doesn't want you to have any fear.

Stop worrying.

Now for you to ask advise is wise for God says we are to seek counsel. The one thing which will help you is to begin a journal of this journey with your courtship. Be open to the Holy Spirit. Each relationship is so unique...it's truly one of its own.

Your answers from others are coming. Delay is not Denial. But I see something here that God wants to do with you. He wants to put your heart at total peace and not worry. For everything you have taken heart to is in His loving care.

Let it flow, sweet one. The ever-loving - everlasting peace of God...let it flow...You have two dreams being fulfilled in your life "Simultaneously"
... an education and love.

Well, that's a big overload for someone who has always been as focused and detailed as you. Yes, you are detailed and that's a good thing. ;) You have always done things by the book and never one to skimp on details. You are a woman of order.

And to this and all, God says to, Let it all flow. in Jesus' name...Amen. ;)

Loving hugs...

Hehe. Thank you for your response. You are right in that I am a detailed oriented person, which God is REALLY working on me about (when I feel lead to share my testimony, i will) because it can also be my downfall. And sometimes being too detailed oriened is really a reflection of lack in trust in God - lack of faith for promised answers. That is something that has been revealed to me and that I am facing head on.

I'm a very blessed person and God has blessed me as being a verrrrry hard working person and put amazing people in my life to help me spiritually, educationally, mentally, physically..everything! God's blessings have overflowed, really. And I praise Him for it. But before I grow as an individual in Christ even more, I've got to give this part of me )along with any other part of me that's not with him already) to CHRIST - FULLY. Not 75%.

I know I'm going to get a testimony that will bless myself, my relationship, and others because God is just THAT awesome. Better believe it.

I am going to start that journal, though. I'll pray about it and talk to him. I feel like that's something we can both use. Praise Jesus. Thank you. =P

togethernessinchrist said:
Hehe. Thank you for your response. You are right in that I am a detailed oriented person, which God is REALLY working on me about (when I feel lead to share my testimony, i will) because it can also be my downfall. And sometimes being too detailed oriened is really a reflection of lack in trust in God - lack of faith for promised answers. That is something that has been revealed to me and that I am facing head on.

I'm a very blessed person and God has blessed me as being a verrrrry hard working person and put amazing people in my life to help me spiritually, educationally, mentally, physically..everything! God's blessings have overflowed, really. And I praise Him for it. But before I grow as an individual in Christ even more, I've got to give this part of me )along with any other part of me that's not with him already) to CHRIST - FULLY. Not 75%.

I know I'm going to get a testimony that will bless myself, my relationship, and others because God is just THAT awesome. Better believe it.

I am going to start that journal, though. I'll pray about it and talk to him. I feel like that's something we can both use. Praise Jesus. Thank you. =P

:yep: And that's what this is all about. God wants you to 'trust' what He has already placed inside of you. Not that anyone's else's advice and experiences will not be a blessing, but God is saying, "Trust Me."

Sometimes, (for me it's MANY times) we know what God has said and we know what to do (and not do). Yet, we find it hard to release our hearts to just trust in what we know He has said.

So, until more answers come from others with this 'experience' in courtship, let's put our faith together and just 'trust'. Although it's your strength that God is counting on, He just doesn't want you to count on it...Instead count on Him and what He has told you.

Now, get that journal and start noting what the Holy Spirit has been speaking to you regarding this 'courtship' and all that pertains to you and this wonderful man who is in your life. God will make it plain and you will not be put to shame.

Take care, angel...;) Your request has now been moved to the top...;)

Back