rebuilding trust in the relationship.

filthyfresh

How do you do that? It doesn't have to deal with cheating or anything (because I don't play that). It's just a matter of me & my trust issues. LOL. But I really love my SO & I need some of your valued opinions.

How do you do that? It doesn't have to deal with cheating or anything (because I don't play that). It's just a matter of me & my trust issues. LOL. But I really love my SO & I need some of your valued opinions.

For me, once it's gone it's gone! I can forgive the person, but they will be history. :yep: I look at people and wonder the same thing myself. I be like, how are you trusting him or her again? I would have to have brain surgery, in order to forget that someone betrayed me. :yep:

ETA: You can pray on it.

Last edited:
For me, once it's gone it's gone! I can forgive the person, but they will be history. :yep: I look at people and wonder the same thing myself. I be like, how are you trusting him or her again? I would have to have brain surgery, in order to forget that someone betrayed me. :yep:

ETA: You can pray on it.

Believe me, I'm the same way. & it's not something he did. It's just me & my baggage/trust issues. I'm not trying to push him away & have him out there acting stupid just because he knows I don't trust him.

I've been praying on it every night. :yep:

Believe me, I'm the same way. & it's not something he did. It's just me & my baggage/trust issues. I'm not trying to push him away & have him out there acting stupid just because he knows I don't trust him.

I've been praying on it every night. :yep:

If he didn't do anything, your going to have to trust him if this is the man you want to be with. :yep: Take it slow when it comes to putting your trust in anyone. People have to earn your trust.

If he didn't do anything, your going to have to trust him if this is the man you want to be with. :yep: Take it slow when it comes to putting your trust in anyone. People have to earn your trust.

I must be taking it real slow then. We've been together for a year and a half. LOL. :lachen:

Umm, yeah you are. :yep: What are you afraid of?

Everything, really. I'm a worrier. Plus, I guess you could say I've got "daddy/family" issues. When anything bad happened it kind of just sprang up & I had to deal with it quickly. Like my Dad got another woman pregnant, thus creating my little brother. I didn't find out he existed until two weeks before X-Mas & he was 2 weeks old! Then I had to meet him at X-Mas. People are constantly getting sick & dying in my family. And I don't trust anyone in my family with money (not even my mother, sadly enough). So I guess I've always had a general distrust for people. I mean, sometimes I don't even feel like I can trust my family. So what hope does that leave for anyone else? I mean not that my family is just so horrible, but things have happened that I just can't quite forget, because I'm scared they'll happen again. I just don't want to be taken advantage of or made a fool out of. I'm stuck with my family, but I'm not stuck with no man. But I really love my SO & I want to marry him (and vice versa). So I'm really trying to work on this before we go further into our relationship.

Everything, really. I'm a worrier. Plus, I guess you could say I've got "daddy/family" issues. When anything bad happened it kind of just sprang up & I had to deal with it quickly. Like my Dad got another woman pregnant, thus creating my little brother. I didn't find out he existed until two weeks before X-Mas & he was 2 weeks old! Then I had to meet him at X-Mas. People are constantly getting sick & dying in my family. And I don't trust anyone in my family with money (not even my mother, sadly enough). So I guess I've always had a general distrust for people. I mean, sometimes I don't even feel like I can trust my family. So what hope does that leave for anyone else? I mean not that my family is just so horrible, but things have happened that I just can't quite forget, because I'm scared they'll happen again. I just don't want to be taken advantage of or made a fool out of. I'm stuck with my family, but I'm not stuck with no man. But I really love my SO & I want to marry him (and vice versa). So I'm really trying to work on this before we go further into our relationship.

Guess what? This is life and we all have things that happens in our lives, that we never thought would never happen. :yep: They say God doesn't put on things that we cannot deal with and I believe that. :yep: Some of us come out of the storm to become better people and because of the rough times, we can help others. So do we stop living because life isn't fair and ish just won't stop happening? No, we have to keep it moving. Life is too short and whenever I feel down, I think about what Jesus went through and my complaining and princess whinning come to a complete halt. :grin: Move on with your SO and understand there will be happy times and bad times. Your going to miss out on life, if you keep worrying about the things you have no control over! :yep:

Guess what? This is life and we all have things that happens in our lives, that we never thought would never happen. :yep: They say God doesn't put on things that we cannot deal with and I believe that. :yep: Some of us come out of the storm to become better people and because of the rough times, we can help others. So do we stop living because life isn't fair and ish just won't stop happening? No, we have to keep it moving. Life is too short and whenever I feel down, I think about what Jesus went through and my complaining and princess whinning come to a complete halt. :grin: Move on with your SO and understand there will be happy times and bad times. Your going to miss out on life, if you keep worrying about the things you have no control over! :yep:

Thanks for the advice. My grandmother used to say the first bolded thing. And my Mom always tells me the last. [sigh] It's hard to stop being a worrier. But I'm going to have to do it.

I think we (women) tend to blame the new man in our lives for what previous men have done to us. This can sabotage a relationship, especially with a good man. Give your SO a chance to showcase his character AND flaws. And remember that he isn't your father, brother, ex or whoever. What those people may have done to you is just that,,,,what they done, not your SO. I hope this helps!

I think we (women) tend to blame the new man in our lives for what previous men have done to us. This can sabotage a relationship, especially with a good man. Give your SO a chance to showcase his character AND flaws. And remember that he isn't your father, brother, ex or whoever. What those people may have done to you is just that,,,,what they done, not your SO. I hope this helps!

Well put :yep:

Back