Rebuilding

My brother told me of a situation; he found 'evidence' in 2011 which he feels convicts my sisnlaw of cheatg on him in 1986! After all the good shes done in his life he STILL cant get past this. Mind you, he has no real proof. Just puttg 2 and 2 together in his mind, and some questions hes not gettg answrs to because 'she cant rembr, it was so long ago'.
My husband explained my brothers feelgs this way. His pride is hurt, his judgement is suspect, his woman betrayed him, his foundation is shattered. He has nothg to stand on, out in the world naked and alone.
My brothr is still married and livg w his wife. He isw miserable. Granted this is not their only issue at home but this is the one that bothers him the most.
I dont believe your DH will get over this. For most men, just the thought of another man w his woman is enough to boil blood, if he loves her.
Good luck to both of you

When dh and I had this discussion he pretty much summed it up the same way when we had our discussion about cheating and how it would affect if either one of us were to violate. Men take this kind of thing pretty bad. And they rarely stay in the relationship.

Funny thing is when they do it, they will climb hell and highwater to get you back.

Re:

I can see how my emotions can come across as contradictory because thats exactly how I feel. I have stopped all communication with the OM not because I wanted to but because I got caught. Sounds F'd up but it's the truth.
QUOTE]

I understand your view on this; because to me, there is no such thing as a heartfelt

apology. As my sister would say, "never say you are 'sorry' " cuz you are sorry [meaning

pathetic] [not you, per se, that is just her opinion on the word, 'sorry' and I tend to

agree...

An apology is only a cya ploy to lessen the blow to your ego. You got caught, you had to

have a fallback. That is all it is; hence, your above quote.

Seeing my DH so broke down and humble has caused me to see a love for me that I was unsure existed anymore. As screwed up as it sounds, I almost feel like this was a necessary evil.

What you are feeling isn't love. You are feeling the high and pleasure of hurting this man.

OF hoping he feels just as desolate as you felt when you said he took you for granted.

What you are isn't benevolent; on the contrary, it is masochistic.

Remove yourself from this situation, before either your husband kills you or you wind up

giving up the pussy to make him feel better and making your situation even more

convoluted.

Last edited:
This. I am unsure if the full truth is warranted. He has started asking me things and my answers seemed to make things worse (got me choked too). He sometimes ask questions, then starts getting excited, telling me not to answer. I feel like only lying will make him feel better but I am so tired of doing that.

tell him everything, and I mean EVERY THING he wants to know. every sordid detail,

passionate thought, sex-filled lust fantasy you have...

until you do this, you are still cheating on your husband.

What are you hiding? What are you afraid of?

Him leaving? Striking you? CHeating on you as payback?

Whatever it is, face it - head on. Would you really want to re-start something based on

half-truths.

Committment is 100% committment. IF there is ANYTHING that has to be hidden or

sheltered because of your fear of his reaction... You aren't truly ready to re-commit to this

man.

tell him everything, and I mean EVERY THING he wants to know. every sordid detail,

passionate thought, sex-filled lust fantasy you have...

until you do this, you are still cheating on your husband.

What are you hiding? What are you afraid of?

Him leaving? Striking you? CHeating on you as payback?

Whatever it is, face it - head on. Would you really want to re-start something based on

half-truths.

Committment is 100% committment. IF there is ANYTHING that has to be hidden or

sheltered because of your fear of his reaction... You aren't truly ready to re-commit to this

man.

pearcey, I disagree. Do not tell him everything. He does not need to know every sordid detail. He already knows she cheated. She can answer some questions about where they went, or why, or how long but sordid, NO! :nono: Men are not like women. She will only torture his visual mind by doing what you suggested. :sad:

When dh and I had this discussion he pretty much summed it up the same way when we had our discussion about cheating and how it would affect if either one of us were to violate. Men take this kind of thing pretty bad. And they rarely stay in the relationship.

Funny thing is when they do it, they will climb hell and highwater to get you back.

Yes! And my brother doesnt even hav any proof, just his mind and his circumstantial evidence... And hes going bonkers so imagine what OPs DH is going thru knowing its true

pearcey, I disagree. Do not tell him everything. He does not need to know every sordid detail. He already knows she cheated. She can answer some questions about where they went, or why, or how long but sordid, NO! :nono: Men are not like women. She will only torture his visual mind by doing what you suggested. :sad:

I agree. Don't tell him everything. One thing I can't agree on is women wanting to know details. The women I know who got details just felt worse and more insecure. I was cheated on by an ex. I didn't want details. I didn't want any images in my head.

OP Many women on here are giving you their advice. Remember, not all advice is created equal. Please think things through before you decide on following anyone's advice head on. One thing I can suggest is for you to remember that whatever is said cannot be unsaid.

I agree. Don't tell him everything. One thing I can't agree on is women wanting to know details. The women I know who got details just felt worse and more insecure. I was cheated on by an ex. I didn't want details. I didn't want any images in my head.

Yes. I hate to say this but many men view their wives/girlfriends as their property. Knowing some dude was in his woman (sorry to be crass) takes a lot for him to overcome even while knowing few specific details. I believe she should answer questions and be as open as she can. But NOT that sort of open! It will not help him heal and it will make him resent her. I know from experience.

I don't think you should give details. Remember the movie the Best Man and at the wedding Morris Chestnuts' character kept replaying the scene in his mind while saying his vows? It'd be the same thing only this is real life and it will take years of rebuilding. Everytime he sees you he'll be replaying the scene in his mind. Sounds to me like you really need to decide what you want bc if its your DH then be prepared to fight for your man!

I hope you dont feel judged. We all sin differently and you arent the first and wont be the last to be in this position. You were just bold enough to say it.

You ladies are the best. At the end of the day, I have to make my own choices but just having a place to converse about it has done me wonders. Seriously!

Respectfully,

I just feel "humans" are...human.

Whether man or woman, I would rather have an image in my head than being denied what i have asked a mate who is essentially a part of me.

I am all for being honest, no matter what.

OP, I hope you will consider ALL our viewpoints and ultimately do what's best for YOU.

Until you can understand "you" , there is no room for anyone or thing.

Respectfully, if you aren't totally willing to come clean if he asks or not, you are dirty. It is up to him to choose, but all has to be revealed...

Men are human...just like women...

Dirty? Wow! I do not agree. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. What benefit is it hurt someone even further and destroy their mind? What purpose does it serve for him to know that you liked sucking the other man's penis? IJS. I think discussing that is cruel. Again, MOST affairs contain sexual encounters. Disclosing that you went to IHOP after going to the club is different than how many times you had sex and where and what position. Being so honest does nothing for the betrayed. All it does is add more fuel to the fire. Have you ever cheated? And been caught? I have. So, what I say is not speculation it's hard cold reality of what does and does NOT work.

sugarcane, see what works for you. We can only give you our opinions. All the best lovie!

Dirty? Wow! I do not agree. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. What benefit is it hurt someone even further and destroy their mind? What purpose does it serve for him to know that you liked sucking the other man's penis? IJS. I think discussing that is cruel. Again, MOST affairs contain sexual encounters. Disclosing that you went to IHOP after going to the club is different than how many times you had sex and where and what position. Being so honest does nothing for the betrayed. All it does is add more fuel to the fire. Have you ever cheated? And been caught? I have. So, what I say is not speculation it's hard cold reality of what does and does NOT work.

sugarcane, see what works for you. We can only give you our opinions. All the best lovie!

Yes. HUGE mistake to go into details. No purpose to it other than seeding anger.

Respectfully,

I just feel "humans" are...human.

Whether man or woman, I would rather have an image in my head than being denied what i have asked a mate who is essentially a part of me.

I am all for being honest, no matter what.

OP, I hope you will consider ALL our viewpoints and ultimately do what's best for YOU.

Until you can understand "you" , there is no room for anyone or thing.

Honesty without purpose is not a clever move especially without taking in consideration the damaging effects of such action,would you want to know every detail of your husband's affair ?How he loved her >>> or that thing she did that you never done ? I think not.
The rest has been already said .

sugarcane I perfectly understand where you re coming from but I honestly think you wanting to rebuild your marriage is due to the fact you feel guilty and sorry for your husband ,not because you really love him .I might be completely wrong but that's what i gather from your posts .You want to do the right thing in name of the love that was once there and now dissipated ,I admire you wanting to give it another try but it will be hard work.
I hope you both will be able to find happiness in your lives and work things out .

I have no personal experience but have seen marriages that got past cheating wives. Own Network has a show called Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal. I'd say about 50% of the couples work it out after cheating.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

FoxxyLocs
Thanks for asking. I thought things were savalgable but now I know it is over. I made my bed and now I've got to lay in it. I have turned my husband into an abusive, insecure, raving lunatic and I must bow out.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I wish you the best moving forward. Hopefully you two can at least work out a way to co-parent peacefully.

I am an optimist and right now things are going to feel like you are on the Titanic x infinity. But don't come to any conclusions yet. Infidelity hurts. A lot. Just stay out of his way for a bit. And take care of yourself. Love yourself harder right now than you ever thought possible. Do not listen to any negative recordings your mind might want to play about yourself. (((HUGS)))

@FoxxyLocs
Thanks for asking. I thought things were savalgable but now I know it is over. I made my bed and now I've got to lay in it. I have turned my husband into an abusive, insecure, raving lunatic and I must bow out.

I'm so sorry. He's gonna go through it for sure. He needs his space to deal with that on his own. What ever happens after that...just happens. Please be safe in the mean time.

Back