Realistic hair goals

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
ok so in the hair goal thread I posted that I wanna be APL by December 08.....I would love that but is that even a realistic goal for me?

this pic is of my hair stretched...taken on January 30 2008 (1 month ago)
I'm currently wearing a sew-in

cimg2877fu5.jpg

yes, I think you can do it. What are you currently using on your hair?
I do cowashes with garnier fructis length and strength (worked for me when I was relaxed)

On my scalp I use eithe olive oil or amla oil

It's a week now since I have the weave and I've used the amla on my scalp once but now I feel the need to wash my hair. I normally wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week so I feel trapped with the weave. I wanna wash it but I don't want the conditioner to form any buildup in my cornrows.

I really really want APL :perplexed sometimes I feel like I'm making great progress and other times I feel like the growth is stagnant.

Being realistic is very important to me. In fact, I follow the 'under promise and over deliver' rule (is that the correct saying btw?)

My goal is to be BSL after my big trim by my stylist, with natural soft curls and full looking by this summer but I'm not sure I can make it. I want to straighten my hair this summer but if I don't think I'm there yet, fuhgtabatit! I'll straighten in Dec of 08...

These hair goals make the year go by mighty fast ya'll!

I do cowashes with garnier fructis length and strength (worked for me when I was relaxed)

On my scalp I use eithe olive oil or amla oil

It's a week now since I have the weave and I've used the amla on my scalp once but now I feel the need to wash my hair. I normally wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week so I feel trapped with the weave. I wanna wash it but I don't want the conditioner to form any buildup in my cornrows.

I really really want APL :perplexed sometimes I feel like I'm making great progress and other times I feel like the growth is stagnant.

I really want APL too.

I think what you should do is:

massage your scalp once a day with essential oils
moisturize daily
wash and Dc weekly
use little heat
exercise
eat a balanced diet
drink lots of water

doing all these thing will ensure you are growing at your maximum rate.

I really want APL too.

I think what you should do is:

massage your scalp once a day with essential oils
moisturize daily
wash and Dc weekly
use little heat
exercise
eat a balanced diet
drink lots of water

doing all these thing will ensure you are growing at your maximum rate.
I eat properly for the most part abd I try to drink a lot of water but I hate exercise.....my b/f has to practically force me to do it and we have equipment at home.....laziness is a helluva thing yes!

I will definetly be more diligent with the moisturizing

I eat properly for the most part abd I try to drink a lot of water but I hate exercise.....my b/f has to practically force me to do it and we have equipment at home.....laziness is a helluva thing yes!

I will definetly be more diligent with the moisturizing

moisture is key, thats how you'll retain what you grow:yep:

you can do it!

Hmmmm... I still remember the "ass-whipping" I suffered for beginning a similar thread topic "way back when"... but I bet this particular OP won't receive the same... and that's good, that's good because I'm sure Enchantment is very busy monitoring other boards and saving Negroes... :)

It's alright, though... my point has been proven time and time again since that particular "killing"... where practically nobody rescued me... and I'm not bitter about it... and I'm still walking on two legs and feet... HAIR INTACT! LOL! :)

Go, OP! I hear you! Girl, do I hear YOU! :lol:

If you need some help beating a$$es, call Enchantment... my number has been 'disconnected' ;)

Last edited:
OP, Do you know how many inches you get in a year? And how far you are away from it. If you can retain 6, I think you can make it. But don't fret over it, you will get there.
:yep:

Also, since this thread is focused on the individual's progress and not doubting what other people are capable of, I don't think it is similar to the "other" thread at all! :rolleyes:

i think you can do it. do you have a pic that shows where ur armpit is in relation to ur hair stretched. if you don't make it you will definitely be right at it. do you know how many inches are you retaining every few months? i went from my siggy pic to APL in about a yr and 2 months.

I would say to aim for btwn 4 adn 5 inches even. :yep: That means not including scraggly ends. At the end of the year ur ends should be even and your hair should be btwn 4 and 5 inches longer.

OP, Do you know how many inches you get in a year? And how far you are away from it. If you can retain 6, I think you can make it. But don't fret over it, you will get there.
:yep:

Also, since this thread is focused on the individual's progress and not doubting what other people are capable of, I don't think it is similar to the "other" thread at all! :rolleyes:
not really sure how many inches I get ...I went from BC in July 07 to the length in the pic in Jan. 08......so that's about 7 months of growth (I trimmed once during that period)

flawedbeauty said:
i think you can do it. do you have a pic that shows where ur armpit is in relation to ur hair stretched. if you don't make it you will definitely be right at it. do you know how many inches are you retaining every few months? i went from my siggy pic to APL in about a yr and 2 months.
I'm not sure if I have a pic like that.....when I go home I'll check my laptop

Last edited:
keep up with the sew ins..... washin.... moisturizing... and trimin only wen needed. u should be good for apl.. check out my fotki

keep up with the sew ins..... washin.... moisturizing... and trimin only wen needed. u should be good for apl.. check out my fotki
yep I'm gonna wash and moisturize tomorrow

nakialovesshoes said:
ITA - this is definitely doable IMO. Especially if your hair grows at the average rate of 1/2 inch per month. :yep: GOOD LUCK!!!!
see that's the thing right there.....I want to be able to retain my growth...all of it darnit!! :grin:

I finally found a pic showing where my armpit is in relation to my current hair length.

current hair length is shown in siggy

Attachments

• CIMG0585.jpg
    CIMG0585.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,260
Hmmmm... I still remember the "ass-whipping" I suffered for beginning a similar thread topic "way back when"... but I bet this particular OP won't receive the same... and that's good, that's good because I'm sure Enchantment is very busy monitoring other boards and saving Negroes... :)

It's alright, though... my point has been proven time and time again since that particular "killing"... where practically nobody rescued me... and I'm not bitter about it... and I'm still walking on two legs and feet... HAIR INTACT! LOL! :)

Go, OP! I hear you! Girl, do I hear YOU! :lol:

If you need some help beating a$$es, call Enchantment... my number has been 'disconnected' ;)

RIIIIGHT. :look:

I agree with the other ladies: I think your goal is realistic and obtainable. But, the key is to remain persistent with it and keep at it. Keep us posted with your progress!!!

I've been looking for that weave thread all morning and I can't find it

the one where the poster said she had the sew in for 5 months and her hair grew from SL to APL.

If that worked for her I wonder if it would for me.
Looking at the length in my siggy am I considered SL (stretched)

ok so in the hair goal thread I posted that I wanna be APL by December 08.....I would love that but is that even a realistic goal for me?

this pic is of my hair stretched...taken on January 30 2008 (1 month ago)
I'm currently wearing a sew-in

cimg2877fu5.jpg

Chile!!!!you havent plenty of time before dec 08, try mostly protective styles, vits and low manipulation and scalp massages daily. and you said you wearing a sew in, just see if you can put some wild growth hair oil in between tracks, it s really great cause it keeps your hair underneath the weave moisturized and when you remove the extensions, the dirt leaves the hair easily, you don't lose all the hair. Good luck and you should be able to reach apl you still have 9months

Chile!!!!you havent plenty of time before dec 08, try mostly protective styles, vits and low manipulation and scalp massages daily. and you said you wearing a sew in, just see if you can put some wild growth hair oil in between tracks, it s really great cause it keeps your hair underneath the weave moisturized and when you remove the extensions, the dirt leaves the hair easily, you don't lose all the hair. Good luck and you should be able to reach apl you still have 9months

*adds to the list of stuff to buy*

Thanks for the advice.......I don't know why I feel it's alread June

Val, you can absolutely positively beyond a doubt do this.

my bc was just about where you are now and in 10 months i'm touching bsl.

i did it with wearing predominately protective styles - lots of twists, i'd wear them, rinse and cowash them frequently, rock twists outs for a couple days or a puff and right back to twists.

I think your goal is very realistic!!

Val, you can absolutely positively beyond a doubt do this.

my bc was just about where you are now and in 10 months i'm touching bsl.

i did it with wearing predominately protective styles - lots of twists, i'd wear them, rinse and cowash them frequently, rock twists outs for a couple days or a puff and right back to twists.

I think your goal is very realistic!!
HUH:shocked:
that is mucho growth mucho quick
and I'm here lamenting APL in 9 more months
All I can say is WOW

People's hair gorws at different rates so I'll stick to APL for the time :grin:
but you seriously gave me hope.

My aunt who is a hair dresser always used to tell me "you don't have growing hair" although I was almost APL before my hair was relaxed.

After being on this board for a lil over a year I realized she used to cut off all my growth and keep me at perpetual SL :sad: She would relax my hair every 3 months but everytime she would "trim" so I never retained the growth.

I only started seeing growth when she hired a Dominicana and that girl would give me blow outs...and it came to the length of one of the pics I have in this thread. I decided to go natural after that so I don't know how long it would have grown if I had continued that method.

Hey I am about your length and I am natural. I barely set hair goals, because my hair growth is crazy. One year it can grow like crazy and the next seem like it grows at a snail pace. I hope to be APL by the end of 2008, but since that is wishful thinking for myself. I am setting a goal of maintaining my healthy hair and regimen instead.

Back