Real Talk: Hair Confessions

I loooooooooove that color... i think that i might do that soon... but you would look gorgeous with it!

Thanks so much!

I love that color too. When i was at my MIL house last week, she had a Lane Bryant catalog on her diningroom table and when I saw the young lady with that color....I knew that's what I wanted for me!

I'm just trying to make up my mind if I want to do it now, or wait until Spring?

Disclaimer: This is MY opinion only!!

Confession: I think it is silly to fly to the DC/Maryland area to get Reniece to put a weave in my hair.........................but I still have the desire...:look::look::look:

Let's see:

- I'm learning to embrace my shrinkage. I factor it into my hair plans, which is one reason why my goal length is hipbone, so that I can have MBL twistouts. :look:

- I love my texlaxed hair and don't see myself ever going back to natural.

I'm still really self conscious about my lack of styling ability. I find it really embarrassing that now that I have hair I don't really know how to style it cute which is part of the reason why I'm bunning.

I sometimes wonder why I ever went natural in the first place. I just don't feel sexy anymore. I'm putting a texturizer in my hair when I go home for Thanksgiving.

I'll post pics. :)

I was natural when I first came to the board but I dont plan on being natural again. But at the same time, I do worry about the long term effects of relaxers on the hair.

I am convinced that there are few people that have hair like mine. I have 4z hair and I'm not exaggerating. Even the 4b's on the board dont have hair like me.

If I ever went natural again, I'd color my hair in a heart beat. That is proably the only way I'd ever dye my hair. I aint even gonna try it on my relaxed strands:nono:

I'm still really self conscious about my lack of styling ability. I find it really embarrassing that now that I have hair I don't really know how to style it cute which is part of the reason why I'm bunning.

Yes! Now that I've grown the dang hair...all I do is bun it. :mad:

1) I would really like to cut my hair to a blunt chin length bob but I know I would be sick to my stomach the next day

2) I would really like to color my hair a funky red/wine color, but I'm afraid of damage

3) I would really like to go natural, but I'm ashamed to say I'm afraid of even more time and effort, even though I would be able to do the color that I want. :ohwell:

I am very lazy when it comes to hair styling.
Going natural allows me to shampoo or cowash, deep condition twice a week and style with hair lotion, gel and go.
I love wash n gos.
I wish I wasn't so lazy. This is why I press my hair only twice a year.
I love straight hair.
It pisses my off when my hair is straight and men holla like theres no tomorrow, and when my hair is in its natural state they frown and keep on moving.
I can't stand the cattyness of this board. Relaxed hair is beautiful and natural hair is beautiful.

I won't be 100% happy with my hair until I reach BSL.

I'm glad I had long healthy relaxed hair, because if I'd never had it, I'd probably feel I missed out on something. Now I have no reason to ever relax again.

Even though I'm against using chemicals on children, I REALLY want to dye my dd's hair black because the red/brown color she has looks drier than a desert, even though it's not.

I think my hair looks way better uncombed and undetangled.

Last edited:
Even though I'm against using chemicals on children, I REALLY want to dye my dd's hair black because the red/brown color she has looks drier than a desert, even though it's not.

You might consider using indigo. It's not a lab chemical. It's similar to henna, but gives a blacker color and has good conditioning effects, or so I'm told.

So many things that people rave about and swear up and down are miracles fail on my hair that I'm beginning to think 90% of things we talk about are in our heads.

You might consider using indigo. It's not a lab chemical. It's similar to henna, but gives a blacker color and has good conditioning effects, or so I'm told.

So many things that people rave about and swear up and down are miracles fail on my hair that I'm beginning to think 90% of things we talk about are in our heads.

And it will stain your sheets and pillowcases ( and anything else it come into contact with ) something awful

I'm going to color my hair to a brighter red than what it is now.

I don't think coloring your hair as a natural makes you not a natural.

Contrary to popular belief, just because my hair is 3c doesn't mean it's easier to maintain.

Though I'm a lifelong natural, I've considered relaxing after looking at some of the beautiful heads around here but deep down inside, I love my curls.

I'm vain, I hated my shorter hair

I feel on top of the world since my hair is now healthy

Sometimes I don't DC after a poo.... :(

My hair is never protected when I sleep. My intentions are good but the bonnet falls off.

I don't ever feel like going natural.

I am getting really lazy about haircare. Just keeping it simple I guess. I contemplate rollersetting and then I don't bother. Thank God for braidouts.

I think relaxers are evil!
When my hair feels too nappy, I straighten the life out it.
I really want red colored hair, but I'm afraid to color it
This is the third time in my life that I 've cut my hair off.
I am also addicted to hair extensions, there fun, you can change up your look so fast. And I don't like when people look down on you just because you are wearing a hair weave ,it' s a choice, it is not hurting anyone, and
I paid hard earned money for it.:mwahahafire:

I feel better now.:party:

I'm relaxed and i blow dry my hair once a week AND follow it with a flat iron. I always deep condition first and use a heat protectant, but even still, I know that much heat can't be good. What can i say, I like my hair straight, and i'm too lazy to spend hours doing a roller set.:ohwell:

I hate stretching. I would like to relax sooner but I know it's better for my hair and scalp to wait.

Half the reason I wont ever transition is because I know I could not do a long stretch. But I don't want to BC to super short hair.

Sometimes I think about cutting my hair into a chin length bob like I had in high school, but I am too attached to the length.

I want to color my hair with a really wild color.

I want layers so bad, but my fine hair will have problems later.

I wish I had Bubblin's natural hair - curls, length and texture. I would never relax if my natural hair was so beautiful. Dreaming..................

I'm transitioning, and if I do not like my hair natural I will texlax without any guilt.

I spend a lot of time stalking fotkis trying to find hair textures that my hair will look like when natural. I mean I stalk from BC to month by month comparisons. :ohwell:

Sometimes I try to avoid looking at the relaxed threads because seeing all the beautiful heads makes me want to stop this natural journey.

This is my hair too :wallbash:

I hate that my natural hair is so short right now. :nono:I really wish it was arm pit length right now, so I can rock a big fat afro puff. :grin:But till I reach that goal I hide my hair under my relaxed looking wigs.

Once my natural hair reaches my goal length I'll probably go back to a relaxer.

one of the only reasons why i decided to go natural because I thought my hair would be the 3c texture that it was when i was younger

I blow dry n flat iron 1 to 2 times a month. Don't do as many wash n gos as I should per not finding products that work.

Been dreaming about colors...red auburn etc

Need help in finding a good dc.

iam considering mega tek lol

Still haven't found a protective style I like.....ugh

Back