Real Talk: Hair Confessions

I get anxiety when it's time to take my weave out and fear all my hair will be gone.

Sometimes I fantasize about getting a relaxer again.

I often think about moving because I still can't find a good and reasonable stylist in NY.

My husband thinks I'm obsessed with hair lol.

Are you in the downstate (5 boros) area?

I wish I could sleep with a satin pillow only to look cute but my hair is dry just from taking a nap on the satin pillow. I think it's the environment itself drying it out when I'm sleep. Even though I get up and moisturize anyway I just can't commit to it

In my brain I know that all healthy hair is good hair. But today the BW checker at the grocery store had smooth, shiny, wavy, curly hair and I wanted to take it off her head and put it on mine. I hate what the dominant culture has done to my perception of beautiful hair. :sad:

I really want to change up my styles via color and a haircut but am sure I'd throw myself into shock the next day once the newness of it all wore off.

Speaking of color, I REALLY want to go lighter but have never, ever dyed my hair and have no idea how my hair would react being double processed (relaxer and color). So I just stick with what I gots and daydream. That and stalk other women on YT and hair blogs to get my color bug fix :lol:

I've been eyeing different wigs to change up my usual protective style but I simply cannot justify spending a boat load of money on just one wig just so I can look 'cute'. Many, perhaps, but one? Nah son. If the hair ain't growin' from my head, I ain't spendin' a crap ton of money on it. My conscience won't let me :nono:

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do so much to my hair to keep it healthy. DC, protective styles, silk scarf, heat usage, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my hair and fully embrace my texture, but sheesh, it'd be nice sometimes to literally grab some 'poo, wash, then slap some conditioner on my hair (all in the shower mind you) and then get out and go on my business. No detangling, no leave ins, no fifty hours and a day styling, just... go.

I really want to change up my styles via color and a haircut but am sure I'd throw myself into shock the next day once the newness of it all wore off. Speaking of color, I REALLY want to go lighter but have never, ever dyed my hair and have no idea how my hair would react being double processed (relaxer and color). So I just stick with what I gots and daydream. That and stalk other women on YT and hair blogs to get my color bug fix :lol: I've been eyeing different wigs to change up my usual protective style but I simply cannot justify spending a boat load of money on just one wig just so I can look 'cute'. Many, perhaps, but one? Nah son. If the hair ain't growin' from my head, I ain't spendin' a crap ton of money on it. My conscience won't let me :nono: Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do so much to my hair to keep it healthy. DC, protective styles, silk scarf, heat usage, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my hair and fully embrace my texture, but sheesh, it'd be nice sometimes to literally grab some 'poo, wash, then slap some conditioner on my hair (all in the shower mind you) and then get out and go on my business. No detangling, no leave ins, no fifty hours and a day styling, just... go.

missyrayne: Girl I feel you! I sit back and think about all that it takes to maintain our healthy hair, and it really blows me. From the hour detangling sessions, to having to jump in the shower to 'poo wash; jump out to apply DC and let it sit; THEN hop back in the shower (either the same day or the day after) just to rinse out the DC; then apply leave-ins just to prep the hair for airdrying? Ugh! There's got to be a better way!

Meanwhile....most Caucasians/Asians/Brazilian...etc races usually have WL hair that they grew effortlessly without the fuss that Afro textured ladies have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

missyrayne: Girl I feel you! I sit back and think about all that it takes to maintain our healthy hair, and it really blows me. From the hour detangling sessions, to having to jump in the shower to 'poo wash; jump out to apply DC and let it sit; THEN hop back in the shower (either the same day or the day after) just to rinse out the DC; then apply leave-ins just to prep the hair for airdrying? Ugh! There's got to be a better way!

Meanwhile....most Caucasians/Asians/Brazilian...etc races usually have WL hair that they grew effortlessly without the fuss that Afro textured ladies have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

D.Lisha I know right?! I look at my non black friends and how they straight up ABUSE their hair yet if I so much as THINK about skipping a DC session or ignoring my silk scarf for a night, my hair will turn into breakage city. Ugh. It's annoying sometimes haha

But with all the tanning and hair abuse they will be bald and looking like old leather. While our age will look like it stopped at 50 and we have huge white afros!!

If detangling for me took more then 30 minutes say an hours like some naturals say it takes them then I would just be a heat trained natural or would just relax....I am not impatient but I ain't got time for that lol

I'm have been in a sew in all year and even though I'm sick of it, I really can't go back to daily twisting and bunning. Team Lazy.

Sometimes I go to my product stash and mentally check off how long it will take me to use them up and what styles I can use them for.

When I buy new products I like to spread them out like they're my spoils of war and sniff them in anticipation of using. Is that weird lol.

Sometimes I go to my product stash and mentally check off how long it will take me to use them up and what styles I can use them for.

When I buy new products I like to spread them out like they're my spoils of war and sniff them in anticipation of using. Is that weird lol.

Yes :look:

Sometimes I wish I had strands of steel. We have the most fragile hair type and that is a big disadvantage when it comes to growing long hair.

When I was a kid I would drape a towel over my head and pretend it was hair :lol:

I spend more on hair than on clothes (salon visits with tip, products, accessories).

My exes hair was longer than mine and I was low key hating :lol:

I don't discuss hair with people irl, because they probably wouldn't listen. Most of the girls I know have chewed up hair underneath butt length bundles.

^ Girl I used to be swinging that towel around like a diva lol.

Sometimes I feel low key jealous when I'm having a bad hair day and see someone with thick curly lusciousness. If I see a track or a tectonic shift from a scratch I'm like yessss

Sometimes I go to my product stash and mentally check off how long it will take me to use them up and what styles I can use them for. When I buy new products I like to spread them out like they're my spoils of war and sniff them in anticipation of using. Is that weird lol.

Omg!! I do this, too :)

^ Girl I used to be swinging that towel around like a diva lol.

Sometimes I feel low key jealous when I'm having a bad hair day and see someone with thick curly lusciousness. If I see a track or a tectonic shift from a scratch I'm like yessss

:lachen:
A towel or whatever else would work lol. My cousin and I would put Bermuda shorts on our heads. Oh how I loved those shorts for the elastic waistband. Kept that 'hair' on secure :yep:

Back