RAVE: Anyone else in love with Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie? YUM!

Diva_Esq

OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!! :drool: :love:

So, I am in one of my all-time fave stores in the world, TARGET, and I am in their organic/ natural product aisle (which I just friggin' love!!!!!!!!!), and I see that they are now carrying Jane Carter & Miss Jessie's, in addition to their usual Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, Giovanni, Nature's Gate, J.A.S.O.N., etc. I wander my way a little further down, and on an endcap, they have Shea Moisture products. Hmmmmmmmm....I think I saw these products in someone's siggy. And they're reasonably priced, UNLIKE Miss Jessie's and Kinky-Curly!

I see one lone jar of Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie with Coconut Oil, Silk Protein & Neem Oil for Thick, Curly Hair! BINGO BANGO, that's me...thick, curly hair! :)

I proceed to read ingredients...so far so good! :) Shea butter is listed 2nd after water...good sign! It has certified organic ingredients, CHECK! Ethically traded and creadted in Africa...SCORE!

Then I open the jar to try and smell b/c...well, I LOVE PRODUCTS THAT SMELL EDIBLE AND DELISH! :blush: I can barely get the top off when the sweetest, most fragrant coconut smell delights my nosebuds!

I'm sold! :D Mind you, I was there to re-up on the big bottle of Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Condish...which smells DELIGHTFUL! This product with Bedhead would make my hair smell even more delish. It's $9.99, so not too great of an investment if I don't like it.

I overnight deep conditioned with Motions Moisture Plus Condish in the tub on wet hair, baggied. This morning, I showered, cowashed with HE TT & applied Moisture Maniac to wet, detangled hair to do a wash n go. Now, yesterday, I tried the Olive Oil Ecostyler on top of my Moisture Maniac and it was disasterous! :nono: Had to rinse it out and start over b/c it dulled my hair, I could see it sitting on top of my hair and it was starting to flake. Not good! Today, instead, I applied the Shea Moisture Smoothie on top and WOWWWWWWWWWW! :drool:

It smelled great, was soft and uber-buttery & melted into my curls INSTANTLY! My curls were shiny, defined and well held. My hair is SOFT, not hard or crunchy! And my hair is less frizzy than yesterday! It's a keeper! 5 Stars! Love it!

Anyone else use this product?

Here's a pic of what other products in the line look like. Couldn't find a pic of the smoothie online.

AAAAC69Sd9UAAAAAAAXwFQ.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RAVE: Anyone else in love with Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie? YU

Wow that's a great review! Love it when you can find great products over the counter instead of having to rely on mail orders. For the price, this may be worth me taking a trip to Target now. Thanks a lot! LOL
Now you know you should have posted a pic.

Re: RAVE: Anyone else in love with Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie? YU

I love, love, love this product. I wanted to start a thread about it a few days ago, but I too lazy. :lol: Here are the ingredients for anyone who's interested.

Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie: deionized water , shea butter, macademia ternifolia seed oil, mango seed butter, avaocado oil, coconut oil, aloe barbadenis leaf extract, silk protein, neem seed oil, carrot seed oil, capryly glycol, sorbitol esters, essentail oil blwnd, honeysuckle flower, japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin e

and a picture

51vEP23VXjL._AA260_.jpg

I was shocked by how well this worked for only $10. The smell is delish and I went and bought the shower gel and the lotion to match because I liked the scent so much. My wash and go has been moisturized for a couple of days now. The matching moisturizing spray is a nice refresher too.

I also tried the Curling Milk. It has a harder hold, and dries faster, but my hair isn't as moisturized with it. I might take it back and get another smoothie or keep it and use it on the days that I need my hair to dry fast. The Restorative Mask DC is also wonderful.

Sounds Nice - I can't wait to try it! I'm really new to wash and go's. I tried it once and didnt have great results. Can you guys tell me your steps/technique? Do you co-wash, how to you apply the product, etc. Thanks!

This is cool I may have to try it. I was trying to find more information on their site but it only has the face and body products. No hair at all. http://www.sheamoisture.com

^^I think I read somewhere that their hair products are exclusive to Target, prob why they're not on the website.

i was just @ target today and was looking @ these products... i was impressed by the ingredients of the body butter & the smell... didn't buy them though... i make my own body butters

Wow...this sounds great! I've been looking for a a really good conditioner to help define my curls. Its so hard to perfect wash n go's. Some days I get lucky, and others I dont.

Wow that's a great review! Love it when you can find great products over the counter instead of having to rely on mail orders. For the price, this may be worth me taking a trip to Target now. Thanks a lot! LOL

Sorry! Look at the pic in my siggy...my hair looks just like that. And I have worked out and everything (hard total body conditioning class) and it still looks great...no frizz!

I love, love, love this product. I wanted to start a thread about it a few days ago, but I too lazy. :lol: Here are the ingredients for anyone who's interested.

Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie: deionized water , shea butter, macademia ternifolia seed oil, mango seed butter, avaocado oil, coconut oil, aloe barbadenis leaf extract, silk protein, neem seed oil, carrot seed oil, capryly glycol, sorbitol esters, essentail oil blwnd, honeysuckle flower, japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin e

and a picture

51vEP23VXjL._AA260_.jpg

I was shocked by how well this worked for only $10. The smell is delish and I went and bought the shower gel and the lotion to match because I liked the scent so much. My wash and go has been moisturized for a couple of days now. The matching moisturizing spray is a nice refresher too.

I also tried the Curling Milk. It has a harder hold, and dries faster, but my hair isn't as moisturized with it. I might take it back and get another smoothie or keep it and use it on the days that I need my hair to dry fast. The Restorative Mask DC is also wonderful.

LOL @ too lazy! :lachen: Also, thanks for posting ingredients and a pic! I will DEFINITELY be trying their other products as soon as I can get thru some of this other stuff! I just re-upped on bath & body prods! Darn! But I will be staying with the smoothie! As CurlyNikki would say: Winner, winner chicken dinner! :D

Sounds Nice - I can't wait to try it! I'm really new to wash and go's. I tried it once and didnt have great results. Can you guys tell me your steps/technique? Do you co-wash, how to you apply the product, etc. Thanks!

I cowash then rinse my hair in cool water. Smooth and wring out excess water and apply my turbie twist for about 1 minute (any longer and my hair will dry too much). I detangle with a light spray leave in and wax my edges down. I pump a generous amount of my favorite condish in my hands and apply it first to my crown b/c I frizz there easily, then to the rest of my hair in sections from root to tip. I then rake my hair with my hands to work it in or Denman brush it through. I scrunch a bit and apply the Smoothie I used in the review (a little goes a long way). Scrunch more. Brush the front back off my face and work those waves in (see siggy pic) :D and tie the edges down with a silk scarf for a little while as it dries. Before I leave the house, remove my scarf and pop on a headband or just roll out like my siggy pic. HTH!

This is cool I may have to try it. I was trying to find more information on their site but it only has the face and body products. No hair at all. http://www.sheamoisture.com

I noticed that too. I'm wondering if the hair stuff is newer and the website needs updating.

Wow...this sounds great! I've been looking for a a really good conditioner to help define my curls. Its so hard to perfect wash n go's. Some days I get lucky, and others I dont.

It's more of a butter than a conditioner.

Sorry! Look at the pic in my siggy...my hair looks just like that. And I have worked out and everything (hard total body conditioning class) and it still looks great...no frizz!

LOL @ too lazy! :lachen: Also, thanks for posting ingredients and a pic! I will DEFINITELY be trying their other products as soon as I can get thru some of this other stuff! I just re-upped on bath & body prods! Darn! But I will be staying with the smoothie! As CurlyNikki would say: Winner, winner chicken dinner! :D

I cowash then rinse my hair in cool water. Smooth and wring out excess water and apply my turbie twist for about 1 minute (any longer and my hair will dry too much). I detangle with a light spray leave in and wax my edges down. I pump a generous amount of my favorite condish in my hands and apply it first to my crown b/c I frizz there easily, then to the rest of my hair in sections from root to tip. I then rake my hair with my hands to work it in or Denman brush it through. I scrunch a bit and apply the Smoothie I used in the review (a little goes a long way). Scrunch more. Brush the front back off my face and work those waves in (see siggy pic) :D and tie the edges down with a silk scarf for a little while as it dries. Before I leave the house, remove my scarf and pop on a headband or just roll out like my siggy pic. HTH!

I noticed that too. I'm wondering if the hair stuff is newer and the website needs updating.

It's more of a butter than a conditioner.

Oh okay...thats even better!:yawn:

I agree! Not a fan of mail order hair products! I wanna try it and play ASAP!

Wow! Thanks for such a thorough review! I went to Tarjay yesterday to see if they had this product, and to my utter disgust it wasn't there! EEEkGads! Hopefully I can get my hands on this product soon b/c I've heard really good things about it. Glad it is working for you!

Wow! Thanks for such a thorough review! I went to Tarjay yesterday to see if they had this product, and to my utter disgust it wasn't there! EEEkGads! Hopefully I can get my hands on this product soon b/c I've heard really good things about it. Glad it is working for you!

It's worth driving around to find it! :yep:

ArrggggHHH!!! I want to try this but every single Target within a 20 mile radius is out of stock...

(Goes to sulk in a corner...)

i will be going to target to get this. my target didnt have it. they only had a few shea moisture products.

I wonder if my target has it? I'm in Tennessee, i'll be darned if im going to buy Mrs.Jessie's

They sell this line in Duane Reade in Ny too. Altho, I've never seen the smoothie there

eta: oh okay...just realized the hair products are exclusive to target only

Last edited:

ArrggggHHH!!! I want to try this but every single Target within a 20 mile radius is out of stock...

Scoot over so i can sulk with you too because every stupid target in my area is "out of stock" also:sad:. Those suckers never had it in the first place,talking bout some out of stock:rolleyes:

Ugh! Guess i'll just have to wait for them to get it because i really don't want to order online:nono:

thanks for this review. i was wondering about this line...

:( Hope you find it, mama! :)

I wonder if my target has it? I'm in Tennessee, i'll be darned if im going to buy Mrs.Jessie's

Yea, I'm not paying that much for some hair stuff! Sorry! :rolleyes: Just raping people for their $ and I've heard mixed reviews so that's too rich for my blood on a humbug chance! :nono:

thanks for this review. i was wondering about this line...

You're welcome! :D

OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!! :drool: :love:

So, I am in one of my all-time fave stores in the world, TARGET, and I am in their organic/ natural product aisle (which I just friggin' love!!!!!!!!!), and I see that they are now carrying Jane Carter & Miss Jessie's, in addition to their usual Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, Giovanni, Nature's Gate, J.A.S.O.N., etc. I wander my way a little further down, and on an endcap, they have Shea Moisture products. Hmmmmmmmm....I think I saw these products in someone's siggy. And they're reasonably priced, UNLIKE Miss Jessie's and Kinky-Curly!

I see one lone jar of Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie with Coconut Oil, Silk Protein & Neem Oil for Thick, Curly Hair! BINGO BANGO, that's me...thick, curly hair! :)

I proceed to read ingredients...so far so good! :) Shea butter is listed 2nd after water...good sign! It has certified organic ingredients, CHECK! Ethically traded and creadted in Africa...SCORE!

Then I open the jar to try and smell b/c...well, I LOVE PRODUCTS THAT SMELL EDIBLE AND DELISH! :blush: I can barely get the top off when the sweetest, most fragrant coconut smell delights my nosebuds!

I'm sold! :D Mind you, I was there to re-up on the big bottle of Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Condish...which smells DELIGHTFUL! This product with Bedhead would make my hair smell even more delish. It's $9.99, so not too great of an investment if I don't like it.

I overnight deep conditioned with Motions Moisture Plus Condish in the tub on wet hair, baggied. This morning, I showered, cowashed with HE TT & applied Moisture Maniac to wet, detangled hair to do a wash n go. Now, yesterday, I tried the Olive Oil Ecostyler on top of my Moisture Maniac and it was disasterous! :nono: Had to rinse it out and start over b/c it dulled my hair, I could see it sitting on top of my hair and it was starting to flake. Not good! Today, instead, I applied the Shea Moisture Smoothie on top and WOWWWWWWWWWW! :drool:

It smelled great, was soft and uber-buttery & melted into my curls INSTANTLY! My curls were shiny, defined and well held. My hair is SOFT, not hard or crunchy! And my hair is less frizzy than yesterday! It's a keeper! 5 Stars! Love it!

Anyone else use this product?

Here's a pic of what other products in the line look like. Couldn't find a pic of the smoothie online.

AAAAC69Sd9UAAAAAAAXwFQ.jpg

I love there products , I found them at my local target as well, I love the moisture smoothing stuff, my hair is so soft and not greasy or crunchy! and its all natural!!!! I went back to target to stock up on some more and they were all gone!

^^I think I read somewhere that their hair products are exclusive to Target, prob why they're not on the website.

I emailed SheaMoisture a while back about the hair products. They have an old line of products BSSs carry and I was wondering if they still made them. I didn't see them listed on the website. When I received an email back they said the hair products weren't on the website yet because they didn't have them in the new packaging. But that was well over a month ago. I guess they'll be adding them to the website soon.

Hmmm...something else to check out lol

subscribing

They have these at my local target but i was waiting on someone to review them.. definately going back to get them now!!

Has anyone tried their shea butter deep conditioner? It's in a jar. It sure looks yummy :lick:. Lawd, I've been on a hair product buying kick for the past few months :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: . I can just imagine that all natural conditioner sitting on my hair w/ heat for 30 minutes :cloud9::love2:

Is the Curl Enhancing Smoothie the same as the Curl & Hold Smoothie? I just called 5 targets in my area and they all said they carry most of the shea moisture products except for the Curl Smoothie:ohwell: 2 stores said that this particular product is not sold in the stores, only online.:rolleyes:
I was really hoping I wouldnt have to order this online....

Last edited:

Why are you doing this to me when you know that I am a product junkie? I just walked to the BSS and back. They do not have it. I have the leave-in that I purchase a month ago and have not used. I wish I had read this earlier. I was at the Target yesterday. I would have gone in had I known about this grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Last edited:

It ain't do jack for me. Just smelled good.

Back